Garcinia Cambogia

Options

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Yes but I was told that they are going to clamp down on sarcasm - apparently only a minority of the members get it, so it's unfair on the other!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different and we have to find what works for each of us...

...and yet, we're all supposed to communicate in the same uplifting sugar-coated unicorns and rainbows.

No thanks. If I ever ask about something that is 99.9% likely to be a complete waste of money, I fully expect my FL and complete MFP strangers to tell me that they think it is 99.9% likely to be a complete waste of money...

...and then I can still decide to do it if I want.

What I will *not* do is demand that everyone phrase their words in a way to minimize the likelihood of me being butthurt about the advice I'm given. That isn't their job and it's ridiculous to ask or expect them to do it.

We're all different, remember? Personally, if given a choice between someone spending energy on phrasing something in the nicest way possible and just giving me the facts straight up, I'll take the latter every time.

TL;DR - I'll keep treating others the way I would want to be treated myself. You do the same.

Did I say rainbows and unicorns? No, I said speak to people with respect which evidently, you don't since you don't care. That's all I am saying. Yes, we are all different and can give advice and opinions but people are so cruel on here and we get the point if you say no it does not work and may damage your body in the long run. Boom that's all you have to say. Feel free to be honest just not condescending. There's a difference.

Why do you insist on lecturing other adults on how they are supposed to communicate with other adults?

Sorry that I don't adhere to your One True Way of communicating.

And not that I have a problem with properly-used condescension, but where in this thread was I condescending?

Meanwhile, good luck on your crusade telling other adults that they're doing it wrong.

It's called respect. That's it but again, it's not going to happen with some of you because that's not in your agenda. Good luck to you all that's it.

Based on your own posts in this thread, you seem to be using a very...(how you say?)...interesting definition of the word "respect".

Not all of us continue to adhere to father's rules for animated juvenile lepus curpaeums.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    This site is for personal use and support- so be a supportive weight buddy instead of a typical bully.

Telling someone that something doesn't work =/= bullying.
    Telling folks not to waste their time with a fad =/= bullying.
    Also, we aren't here for the same thing. Not sure why that theme comes up all the time.

The OP wasn't asking for support. They asked about a fad product and got answers about that product.

But you are saying it in a condescending fashion! That's the point! The gifs with the WHATEVER, rolling eyes etc. Then why are you here? Looks like you are attempting to lose weight? Are people here just to be "informative" to others. It's the WAY people are saying it doesn't work. There's a difference. If people want to try them, so what. You have your beliefs and others have theirs. If you want to do steroids, then that's your choice. It's a matter of how people talk to each other and the language by people is rude!
    Looks like I'm here to lose?

LOLWAT? No. I've lost. I'm here to give tips to other people on how to do exactly that. I'm sorry I don't cuddle or give out flowers with my responses.

Someone in a thread looking for GC needs the blunt truth.

Right, that you are here to LOSE weight. It's just a matter of respect and talking to people. I am sticking up for those who felt like some of you were being negative and rude. Looks like you've had great success and can give input to those who are struggling. It's a matter of how you come off to people because it sounds like you are offering support and advice but do so in a way that people don't feel attacked. That's all I'm saying.

I'm still confused about how I'm here to lose weight... ?

Not to mention the fact that NO PEOPLE were disrespected. Dumb ideas were. They deserve to be.

I'm actually bulking.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of (not) amazed at the way this thread turned out. What did I learn from reading comments you ask? That there is a way to ignore users! Thanks cat avatar lady! :flowerforyou:

Yes, it is very useful when you find yourself thinking this: :tongue: or this: :mad: or this: :explode:

But that's really silly :huh: because who would ever have any of those types of reactions on an internet forum which should only be populated with:
    :love:
    :flowerforyou:
    :heart:
    *insert rainbow unicorn here*
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    This site is for personal use and support- so be a supportive weight buddy instead of a typical bully.

Also, we aren't here for the same thing. Not sure why that theme comes up all the time.

The OP wasn't asking for support. They asked about a fad product and got answers about that product.

But you are saying it in a condescending fashion! That's the point! The gifs with the WHATEVER, rolling eyes etc. Then why are you here? Looks like you are attempting to lose weight? Are people here just to be "informative" to others. It's the WAY people are saying it doesn't work. There's a difference. If people want to try them, so what. You have your beliefs and others have theirs. If you want to do steroids, then that's your choice. It's a matter of how people talk to each other and the language by people is rude!

LOLWAT? No. I've lost. I'm here to give tips to other people on how to do exactly that. I'm sorry I don't cuddle or give out flowers with my responses.

Right, that you are here to LOSE weight. It's just a matter of respect and talking to people. I am sticking up for those who felt like some of you were being negative and rude. Looks like you've had great success and can give input to those who are struggling. It's a matter of how you come off to people because it sounds like you are offering support and advice but do so in a way that people don't feel attacked. That's all I'm saying.

Not to mention the fact that NO PEOPLE were disrespected. Dumb ideas were. They deserve to be.

I'm actually bulking.
    243.gif
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

I'm actually bulking.

Bulking - does that mean you're really angry?
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Welcome to the joy that is the MFP forums. If you try to actually take care of yourself beyond calories in/calories out and you say so on these boards, you're gonna get flamed hard and fast.

Tis a shame.
  • CBC435
    CBC435 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have tried it! I lost a few pounds. Maybe 5-7. I had much more success with the Green Bean Coffee one. Now I am on to Body By Vi and am down 10 more pounds!
    Good luck at finding something that works for you!!! Exercise and nutrition go hand and hand though and cant be left out of the equation! VERY VERY important!

Because it is the calorie deficit that works, not the magic beans, the magic pills, the magic rainbow sparkle unicorn poo.

If you want to piss away your money, just give it to me, instead. Oh, wait, then that would make me a multi-level marketer.

^^ Perfect example! "If you want to piss away your money, just give it to me, instead. Oh, wait, then that would make me a multi-level marketer." why the need for this? But obviously with someone who has a cat for their photo is ultimately afraid of rejection- otherwise, they would be showing their true self but choose to show their ugly colors instead. But whatever, I guess you can't teach manners to those who were raised without them. GOOD LUCK!

Hmm, well actually, I choose not to show my real pic to keep away the pervs and stalkers, but whatever, I guess maybe some people like that sort of attention. Personal attacks are a great last resort when your argument is weak.

Haha! The pervs and stalkers....alright then. No, you're rude and don't uplift people at all here instead calling them stupid and so on. That's on you and making yourself look downright awful. But who cares right? It's just the internet and no one will ever meet you.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

No he's not. Also, there is no such thing as TONE in what is written. What you are reading is YOUR perception of what's written and to YOU it may come across as condescending and negative. But that is YOUR perception.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of (not) amazed at the way this thread turned out. What did I learn from reading comments you ask? That there is a way to ignore users! Thanks cat avatar lady! :flowerforyou:

I learned that by not having my photo as my avatar that I am ultimately afraid of rejection and only want to show my ugly colors. :huh:
  • cwsreddy
    Options
    I have tried it! I lost a few pounds. Maybe 5-7. I had much more success with the Green Bean Coffee one. Now I am on to Body By Vi and am down 10 more pounds!
    Good luck at finding something that works for you!!! Exercise and nutrition go hand and hand though and cant be left out of the equation! VERY VERY important!

Because it is the calorie deficit that works, not the magic beans, the magic pills, the magic rainbow sparkle unicorn poo.

If you want to piss away your money, just give it to me, instead. Oh, wait, then that would make me a multi-level marketer.

^^ Perfect example! "If you want to piss away your money, just give it to me, instead. Oh, wait, then that would make me a multi-level marketer." why the need for this? But obviously with someone who has a cat for their photo is ultimately afraid of rejection- otherwise, they would be showing their true self but choose to show their ugly colors instead. But whatever, I guess you can't teach manners to those who were raised without them. GOOD LUCK!

Hmm, well actually, I choose not to show my real pic to keep away the pervs and stalkers, but whatever, I guess maybe some people like that sort of attention. Personal attacks are a great last resort when your argument is weak.

yes. I'm sure that's it. :laugh:
  • cwsreddy
    Options

I learned that by not having my photo as my avatar that I am ultimately afraid of rejection and only want to show my ugly colors. :huh:

^^^^^
  • likitisplit
    Options

Haha! The pervs and stalkers....alright then. No, you're rude and don't uplift people at all here instead calling them stupid and so on. That's on you and making yourself look downright awful. But who cares right? It's just the internet and no one will ever meet you.

Actually, I've found catphotolady to be solid and informative on many threads. That uplifts me much more than any "you can do it" b.s. statements. I'd much rather see a sign "push through it" than one that says "almost there" on mile 10 of a half marathon. But that's just me.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    So are we agreed, Garcinia Cambogia - not value for money.

Great!!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Hey, you're finally starting to get it!!!! Very good.

Now for the next lesson: Nobody is required to always respond the way you want them to. If they do, you may argue with them uselessly, or use the ignore button.

Since you chose to argue with them uselessly, I expect that soon this thread will be deleted by the moderators, thus rendering the whole thread unavailable to anyone actually interested in learning more about GC.

But, this is just part of the daily flow here at MFP. Welcome, and have a nice day.
  • Skykilr1
    Skykilr1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Gotta love the rage on here just because someone asked if anyone had tried something and if it helped.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Actually, I've found catphotolady to be solid and informative on many threads. That uplifts me much more than any "you can do it" b.s. statements. I'd much rather see a sign "push through it" than one that says "almost there" on mile 10 of a half marathon. But that's just me.

High five! She's awesome.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

Now for the next lesson: Nobody is required to always respond the way you want them to. If they do, you may argue with them uselessly, or use the ignore button.

Since you chose to argue with them uselessly, I expect that soon this thread will be deleted by the moderators, thus rendering the whole thread unavailable to anyone actually interested in learning more about GC.

But, this is just part of the daily flow here at MFP. Welcome, and have a nice day.

daaaaamn you friendly.

there may be a reason you're a cat lady.
  • likitisplit
    Options

The rest of us could stop responding to her too...
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    Gotta love the rage on here just because someone asked if anyone had tried something and if it helped.

LOL

ndrj1k.jpg
This discussion has been closed.