Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of (not) amazed at the way this thread turned out. What did I learn from reading comments you ask? That there is a way to ignore users! Thanks cat avatar lady! :flowerforyou:

I learned that by not having my photo as my avatar that I am ultimately afraid of rejection and only want to show my ugly colors. :huh:

well...that's an interesting thing to learn... Although - didn't you know it's been scientifically proven on the interwebz that if you hide behind a fake avi that you're ugly and afraid of rejection? Look it up for yourself! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why such a ****? Not the poster but the guy who can't offer some advice or keep his mouth shut. He always seems to want to prove he is superior. I guess his correspondence course completion certificate gives him this right. SMH

(This could potentially fit a number of people in this thread, depending on which side of the "you a*sholes should be nice, dammit!" argument you're on. Give us a hint...you know, like initials or "sounds like" or something.)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Facts...
    Honest blunt responses =/= sabotage, rude, condescending, arrogant, or disrespectful.

Truth is we aren't here to sugar coat *kitten* because no matter how you look at it it's still *kitten*.

I love that the girl was deciding why people were on here, also that she's taking on the role of the knight, riding in to try to teach people how they should or shouldn't talk on an internet forum. When in reality, it's text, and each person takes it as they perceive it. There is no tone, just words.

So far the only rude people I've actually seen is the girl trying to tell people how to talk and cwsreddy. It's realllllll classy to attack people you don't know based on their avatar/photo. Especially when you don't know them.

CWS do you even know if she's a cat lady? Just because her photo has a picture of 1 cat, doesn't make her an actual cat lady. I think you have to have upward of 10+ cats to be a cat lady.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    ...nothing here to see folks...haha
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Facts...
    Honest blunt responses =/= sabotage, rude, condescending, arrogant, or disrespectful.

Truth is we aren't here to sugar coat *kitten* because no matter how you look at it it's still *kitten*.

I love that the girl was deciding why people were on here, also that she's taking on the role of the knight, riding in to try to teach people how they should or shouldn't talk on an internet forum. When in reality, it's text, and each person takes it as they perceive it. There is no tone, just words.

So far the only rude people I've actually seen is the girl trying to tell people how to talk and cwsreddy. It's realllllll classy to attack people you don't know based on their avatar/photo. Especially when you don't know them.

CWS do you even know if she's a cat lady? Just because her photo has a picture of 1 cat, doesn't make her an actual cat lady. I think you have to have upward of 10+ cats to be a cat lady.

No I think you just have to ramble incoherently and throw cats to be a cat lady - I'm sure they've done a study!

Also I think the lady complaining misunderstood the word PAL?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Facts...

She could even have 0 cats in her home. She could be allergic but love them. She could be using a picture of an ex-boyfriend's cat to remind her why it's worth having the self-respect to eat right and stay fit....
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I'm sort of (not) amazed at the way this thread turned out. What did I learn from reading comments you ask? That there is a way to ignore users! Thanks cat avatar lady! :flowerforyou:

I learned that by not having my photo as my avatar that I am ultimately afraid of rejection and only want to show my ugly colors. :huh:

well...that's an interesting thing to learn... Although - didn't you know it's been scientifically proven on the interwebz that if you hide behind a fake avi that you're ugly and afraid of rejection? Look it up for yourself! :laugh: :flowerforyou:

You are classy. I mean, classy.

It's actually against MFP terms to actually attack or insult another user. You may want to educate yourself on that.

Dude, I was kidding, not insulting.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

But there are ways of telling me I'm ugly without being rude and condescending and offering me science and flowers!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    No I think you just have to ramble incoherently and throw cats to be a cat lady - I'm sure they've done a study!

Yeah, I think she and CWS misunderstood a lot of things.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

It's actually against MFP terms to actually attack or insult another user. You may want to educate yourself on that.

My apologies then.
  • RoseTears143
    Options

My apologies then.

No worries. :drinker:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Don't worry - they'll learn that it's all about being narrow minded and forcing your own philosophy and beliefs about diets onto others.

God new people annoy me. :explode:
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options

hm? I wasn't responding to GC in the least - simply responding to the douchebaggery of this thread, of which there is a lot and now to which I am contributing because funsies :laugh:
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Don't worry - they'll learn that it's all about being narrow minded and forcing your own philosophy and beliefs about diets onto others.

you... you... you know you do an awful lot of that right? lulz
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

you... you... you know you do an awful lot of that right? lulz

Yes, but I think I'm the only one on this forum that 1) realises it and 2) admits it. lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well since this has gone from GC to telling people how to act on the internet, this topic is now locked as it violates the below rule.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
This discussion has been closed.