What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I tried out that Hot Avocado & Shrimp recipe that's posted on here!1uv3eq8pody6.jpg
    It was freaking fantastic!!!!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    There's a thunderstorm predicted here for tonight, so perfect weather for some comforting mac and cheese with fried tilapia and a green salad on the side!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Tonight I added corn and California style mixed veggies to the cabbage soup. It was still good and not near as hot. Also fried up some more link sausage. Served with mustard and 4 cheese Mexican on a toasted yeast roll, along with chips and salsa. I had Angel food cake and Blue Bunny No Sugar Added Bunny Tracks Ice Cream for desert {not pictured}. The Bunny Tracks is good, but it has a lot more calories than the other flavors. Luckily I worked in the garden all morning and have about 1K to spare.

27srvivchs4n.jpg
    8kxmhcws0qhr.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Beef and turkey teriyaki with rice and veggies; a baked yam; steamed whole green beans.

989daylt2dci.jpg
  • breezy0906
    breezy0906 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wfnvr2dxaxfee.jpg

Wasn't super hungry so this hit the spot
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Guys at work all wanted lunch from Local Boyz Hawaiian Restaurant. Shoyu Chicken, white rice, and macaroni salad.

ql75z4w95k5q.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    We went out tonight. Spaghetti and meatballs. Tons leftover.

h5qw0gwkj5ww.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Sister's friend from Colorado is down for the weekend, and she rented a place on the Chipola River. I knew she was going to have us over for supper one night, but I didn't know it was going to be tonight. So I had got up and cooked seafood gumbo early this morning. {I like to let it sit all day so the flavors can jell} When we got the invite, I heard the BIL was cooking his famous cheese grits and shrimp, so I took some of the gumbo with us. There was also a cucumber, tomato and Feta salad, and Sister's Key Lime Pie. BIL gave her grief about it not having meringue on it {since they have chickens, and lots of eggs}. Everything was very good, including the view. The lodge sits on one of the few high bluffs on our part of the river.

x2y0v6a3cpt1.jpg
    ssugt9x45gyj.jpg
    85r77d5pr6ez.jpg
    xcco7suv0bk6.jpg
    u8ngxc7uhvoo.jpg
  • larrodarro
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Margie was meeting several of her friends at the Altha Diner tonight, and since I had the night off, I joined her. I had All You Can Eat grilled shrimp {I stopped shy of 50}, with cheese grits, Cole slaw and hush puppies. One of the ladies had just had her birthday, so there was a home made carrot cake. Although I brought my piece home, so I could have room for it. Everything was very good.

r0268q3chmxc.jpg

c72nn4z3oeda.jpg

• ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My favourite dinner at the moment is white rice, white fish and a sauce: mushrooms sautéed, half a stock cube, then add low calorie crème fraiche - a dash of lemon but it does not need it.
  • ros2will3run
    Options
    Oh, plus veg or a salad!!
  • ros2will3run
    Options
    Tomatoes in Balsamic reduction, on garlic toast with goat cheese and chicken

tomato in balsamic reduction (67 calories per serving!!!!)
    4 small containers or 1 costco container or mixed cherry tomatoes, cut in half
    1-2 tbsp olive oil
    1-2tsp dried oregano
    1 tbsp butter (optional)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    7-10 cloves garlic, chopped fine
    3 cups spinach, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    6oz balsamic vinegar
    pinch of sugar (optional)
    Crushed pepper flake (optional)
    salt and pepper to taste

in a large sauce pan or wok, preheat oil or oil/butter on medium heat. chop up onion, add to pan with salt and pepper. saute until transluscent. add chopped garlic to the pan. (Optional: oil up the red bell pepper, whole, and roast in oven/on burner till soft). add cut tomatoes, red bell pepper, oregano, salt and pepper to the pan. cook on medium for 1-2 minutes. add balsamic vinegar, and sugar, simmer for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. add spinach and continue to simmer until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.

Garlic toast (you can buy, or make yourself)
    olive oil
    garlic
    bread (i used ciabatta rolls)
    goat cheese (optional)

drizzle bread with oil, toast bread. when you pull out the bread, rub with garlic. add spread with thin layer of goat cheese (optional)

Chicken- baked or rotisserie, no skin, sliced/chopped

Assemblage

Start with piece of garlic toast (with or without goat cheese). add 3-4 pieces of chicken. add 3-4 good spoonfuls of the tomatoes.

Enjoy with a fruity white wine like pinot grigio, or iced tea.

total calories per piece of toast- 120-180 (dependent on bread size)

bde2h372mj0t.jpg

This pic shows 4 pieces but i was only able to eat 2 before i was full. and i have a lot left over for more meals!!!!

• ros2will3run
    Options
    Tomatoes in Balsamic reduction, on garlic toast with goat cheese and chicken

tomato in balsamic reduction (67 calories per serving!!!!)
    4 small containers or 1 costco container or mixed cherry tomatoes, cut in half
    1-2 tbsp olive oil
    1-2tsp dried oregano
    1 tbsp butter (optional)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    7-10 cloves garlic, chopped fine
    3 cups spinach, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    6oz balsamic vinegar
    pinch of sugar (optional)
    Crushed pepper flake (optional)
    salt and pepper to taste

in a large sauce pan or wok, preheat oil or oil/butter on medium heat. chop up onion, add to pan with salt and pepper. saute until transluscent. add chopped garlic to the pan. (Optional: oil up the red bell pepper, whole, and roast in oven/on burner till soft). add cut tomatoes, red bell pepper, oregano, salt and pepper to the pan. cook on medium for 1-2 minutes. add balsamic vinegar, and sugar, simmer for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. add spinach and continue to simmer until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.

Garlic toast (you can buy, or make yourself)
    olive oil
    garlic
    bread (i used ciabatta rolls)
    goat cheese (optional)

drizzle bread with oil, toast bread. when you pull out the bread, rub with garlic. add spread with thin layer of goat cheese (optional)

Chicken- baked or rotisserie, no skin, sliced/chopped

Assemblage

Start with piece of garlic toast (with or without goat cheese). add 3-4 pieces of chicken. add 3-4 good spoonfuls of the tomatoes.

Enjoy with a fruity white wine like pinot grigio, or iced tea.

total calories per piece of toast- 120-180 (dependent on bread size)

bde2h372mj0t.jpg

This pic shows 4 pieces but i was only able to eat 2 before i was full. and i have a lot left over for more meals!!!!

MY GOSH..LOOKS AND SOUNDS DELICIOUS..
    Thanks for posting!!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich and a banana.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Leftover spaghetti, steamed green beans, cucumber and strawberries.

k64jt0n8q85y.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Eggs with potato, spinach, green onion, chopped asparagus and turkey, and colby-jack cheese; chopped tomato, cucumber, and raw asparagus.

0l5zu3im3tkn.jpg
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    zenalasca wrote: »
    Last night was miso soup and nigiri

Mmmmm!That sounds good.
    I'm putting miso into my vegetable soup, along with a spoonful of almond butter. And some chicken breast as an entree.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Shredded buffalo chicken sandwich, sautéed veggies, sweet potato fries. Sam Adams.

7o3020213j2w.jpg
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I had my favorite layered salad tonight. A bit of a splurge as far as salt but man I do love the feta cheese....

ag3gt12q6amd.jpg

6suvqv6mqneo.png