What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    We had a very healthy and low calorie lunch today at Applebee's in Panama City. So for supper I fried up a pound of pork sausage to offset that ;) We had sausage sandwiches using yeast rolls. Also had leftover dirty rice {with hot sausage} and green beans and potatoes from last night. Everything was real good, especially the sausage sandwich. There will be some kind of cake later.

The lady who's husband did the cooking last night works in Margie's office. She had posted the recipe for the green beans and potatoes on her FB page, so I'll post it here. Note that this is for a large baking pan, which is about how much I brought home last night.

ARKANSAS GREEN BEANS (adapted from AllRecipes; makes 10 servings)
    5 (15-ounce) cans green beans, drained (note: you can substitute a similar amount of frozen green beans, about 4 (12-ounce) bags, thawed, or you can use fresh green beans, too)
    12 slices bacon
    2/3 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    7 teaspoons soy sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the drained green beans in a 9ï¾—13″ baking pan. Cook bacon in a frying pan on your stove top or in a microwave on a microwave-safe plate until bacon strips are cooked enough to chop into large pieces (they should be done, but not real crispy). Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top of the green beans. Combine the brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour this mixture over the green beans and bacon. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.

exkx3759hj43.jpg

No wonder Arkansas is 3rd in the nation for obesity. I honestly would have NEVER thought of putting brown sugar in some green beans. :o
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs on my Traeger smoker (makes any meat amazing)

We love our Traeger too. We grill at least 3 days out of the week, rain or shine. B)

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    larrodarro wrote: »
    We had a very healthy and low calorie lunch today at Applebee's in Panama City. So for supper I fried up a pound of pork sausage to offset that ;) We had sausage sandwiches using yeast rolls. Also had leftover dirty rice {with hot sausage} and green beans and potatoes from last night. Everything was real good, especially the sausage sandwich. There will be some kind of cake later.

The lady who's husband did the cooking last night works in Margie's office. She had posted the recipe for the green beans and potatoes on her FB page, so I'll post it here. Note that this is for a large baking pan, which is about how much I brought home last night.

ARKANSAS GREEN BEANS (adapted from AllRecipes; makes 10 servings)
    5 (15-ounce) cans green beans, drained (note: you can substitute a similar amount of frozen green beans, about 4 (12-ounce) bags, thawed, or you can use fresh green beans, too)
    12 slices bacon
    2/3 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    7 teaspoons soy sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the drained green beans in a 9ï¾—13″ baking pan. Cook bacon in a frying pan on your stove top or in a microwave on a microwave-safe plate until bacon strips are cooked enough to chop into large pieces (they should be done, but not real crispy). Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top of the green beans. Combine the brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour this mixture over the green beans and bacon. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.

exkx3759hj43.jpg

No wonder Arkansas is 3rd in the nation for obesity. I honestly would have NEVER thought of putting brown sugar in some green beans. :o

It isn't the way I would choose to cook green beans. But I was given a huge pan of them, so I put a bunch in the freezer. I could have done without the butter too.

Larro
  • larrodarro
    Options
    There are a few Tampa cousins up {one family from each side of the family} and a bunch of us gathered at Sister's for supper. She cooked
    Slow-Cooker Pinto Bean Stew with Jalapeño-Corn Dumplings Recipe | Eating Well but the crock pot was too full for the dumplings, so she just cooked it in the oven as cornbread. Also did the whole taco salad thing. Ground turkey cooked with black beans, lettuce and spinach, guacamole, two kinds of salsa, tomato, cilantro and 4 cheese Mexican. Also had some of the dirty rice {with hot sausage}, guacamole, cilantro and tomato. {Not pictured: chips and salsa} Dessert was Neiman Marcus cake and chocolate cake. I tried to cut the chocolate cake too thin and it didn't hold together. Everything was real good.

ne8bv74v1d8w.jpg
    otka2x8pod0f.jpg
    64mx38csu6qr.jpg
    3vx3d40bfbnw.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner, St. Pats style...
    dzwuhak5tg6r.jpg
    pebqf8guniik.jpg
    4mlgz7u9ronf.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Went out. Kale, potato, carrot, onion, Italian sausage soup; french bread.

0g3fs00whoou.jpg
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken ramen (fresh noodles, not the dry packet stuff) topped with soy sauce egg, shredded chicken breast, mushrooms, and green onions. Yum!
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Shepherd's pie and waldorf salad.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    A day late and a dollar short, I had my corned beef brisket tonight. I sliced and trimmed it, then divided it into thirds. Using my three crock slow cooker, I did one third straight up, one third with cabbage and one third with potatoes. All three ways were good. I ended up making a sandwich using a toasted yeast roll with part of it.
    6ydonxoasb9h.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Larro my mom always used to say "day late and a dollar short". That just made me smile....
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Salmon with mashed sweet potatoes, asparagus and Paleo hollandaise sauce
    xt69do0092xl.jpg
    image.jpg 1018.2K
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Roast turkey sandwich with cheddar jack cheese, onion, tomato, spinach, and tzatziki; cucumber; spinach salad; and homemade pink beans.

uvgo4enyzex1.jpg
  • rebeccamcj
    rebeccamcj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    IMG_0741.jpg

Chicken breast grilled on the Forman grill, baked sweet potato fries, and asparagus also cooked on the Forman.
  • jenniepriebe
    jenniepriebe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Diced chicken breasts roasted with sweet potatoes, apples & onions. Yummy at under 300 calories!!
  • Michelesbells
    Options
    Yak short ribs, brown rice, steamed broccoli and Pinot Grigio.
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Last night I ate an entire bag of chips and an entire container of dip :/ Tonight was much better: a stuffed pork chop with Asian stir fry, with honey garlic sauce. Was over my calories every day but today, for the last week. Somehow I've still lost weight this week!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Camarose79 wrote: »
    Last night I ate an entire bag of chips and an entire container of dip :/

I related.... last night it was an entire container of Rocky Road...

Tonight couldn't get much worse. :p
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Last night was butternut squash pasta and baked orange roughy. I have absolutely no idea what tonight will be.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bean and cheese quesadillas

Surprisingly yummy!

Black beans
    Salsa
    And a tad of cheese inside a toasted tortilla

Delish!

This is exactly what I had for lunch today!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    The soup of the day was more stew than soup. I combined dirty rice, ground turkey with black beans and taco seasoning, pinto bean soup, stir-fry veggies and 4 cheese Mexican. Supper was corned beef and cabbage, corned beef on a toasted yeast roll and a carrot. Might have been better tonight than last night.

my3wrvcm42ew.jpg
    v4yo9idh6ruz.jpg