What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    I've started asking for a box when they bring my meal, too. It makes a huge difference for me and I get to eat the other half later without going over my calorie allowance (usually).

If it is a restaurant without online nutritional info, I will go ahead and divide my meal in half so I can weigh it when I get home to get a more accurate number when logging.

I did that earlier this week. We went to Outback and I ordered the 6 oz Outback Special. I cut it in half. When I weighed the "other half" at home it was 1.6 ounces!! WTH?? I told my husband I should start carrying our scale in my purse and whip it out and measure my steaks before I cut it. I wonder what they would think if we brought our measuring cups and spoons, too? ;-)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    I've started asking for a box when they bring my meal, too. It makes a huge difference for me and I get to eat the other half later without going over my calorie allowance (usually).

If it is a restaurant without online nutritional info, I will go ahead and divide my meal in half so I can weigh it when I get home to get a more accurate number when logging.

I did that earlier this week. We went to Outback and I ordered the 6 oz Outback Special. I cut it in half. When I weighed the "other half" at home it was 1.6 ounces!! WTH?? I told my husband I should start carrying our scale in my purse and whip it out and measure my steaks before I cut it. I wonder what they would think if we brought our measuring cups and spoons, too? ;-)

Advertised weights for steaks and other meats is before cooking. 3.2 oz is not out of the realm of possibility after cooking a 6 oz steak.
  • IammeCA
    IammeCA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sliced cucumber with balsamic vinegar. Toasted Bulgar wheat. Seared Ahi Tuna steak.
  • littlebee55
    Options
    Tijuana Flats. 2 fish tacos and side of refried beans. 448 calories.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Tonight's supper was from my customers, the Annual Wild Turkey Federation Auction & Banquet. It was pork loin, green beans and potatoes, and cake. The cook is the husband of a lady who works in Margie's office. He just does cooking in his spare time, but he is very good at it. My afternoon customers {baby shower} also brought me a full plate, so I just picked at my supper. The bad thing it was real food, and the shower fed me finger food.

d5ptm3vlcq70.jpg
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    We went to Applebee's. I had a couple of cheese sticks and the house salad with ranch.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Roast turkey sandwich on a french roll with mushrooms, spinach, coleslaw, tomato and onion; steamed green beens; cucumber; and macaroni salad.

qd99ujwyt2z1.jpg
  • jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Tonight for dinner I had buffalo cauliflower. Then dessert was an icecream Sunday. I tried to be good but the ice cream won
  • rickorford
    rickorford Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cesar salad with avocado, chicken, and one soft boiled egg! Only 300 Cal!
  • starryskies89
    starryskies89 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs on my Traeger smoker (makes any meat amazing) With a side of buttered steamed mixed vegetables, sliced cucumbers and mini sweet peppers dipped in Greek yogurt ranch dressing. Low carbs to make up for the pizza and alcohol yesterday :wink:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Our first spring day here and I was so excited to get to grill my vegetables tonight. 99reuoxb1afy.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    We had a very healthy and low calorie lunch today at Applebee's in Panama City. So for supper I fried up a pound of pork sausage to offset that ;) We had sausage sandwiches using yeast rolls. Also had leftover dirty rice {with hot sausage} and green beans and potatoes from last night. Everything was real good, especially the sausage sandwich. There will be some kind of cake later.

The lady who's husband did the cooking last night works in Margie's office. She had posted the recipe for the green beans and potatoes on her FB page, so I'll post it here. Note that this is for a large baking pan, which is about how much I brought home last night.

ARKANSAS GREEN BEANS (adapted from AllRecipes; makes 10 servings)
    5 (15-ounce) cans green beans, drained (note: you can substitute a similar amount of frozen green beans, about 4 (12-ounce) bags, thawed, or you can use fresh green beans, too)
    12 slices bacon
    2/3 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    7 teaspoons soy sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the drained green beans in a 9ï¾—13″ baking pan. Cook bacon in a frying pan on your stove top or in a microwave on a microwave-safe plate until bacon strips are cooked enough to chop into large pieces (they should be done, but not real crispy). Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top of the green beans. Combine the brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour this mixture over the green beans and bacon. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.

exkx3759hj43.jpg
  • Meglep24
    Meglep24 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    pop tarts.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Asian grilled chicken, sweet chili noodles, sauteed snap peas with ginger and garlic. Roasted Peeps for dessert!

xrxwgeiec1xl.jpg
    c6smzxvapcgj.jpg
    cv9srymhbh73.jpg
    8kvjluk0ubmq.jpg
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and grits with crispy shaved brussel sprouts on top.

rklis4ftxdwq.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Soup of the day was split pea and veggie. Supper itself was green beans and potatoes, dirty rice {with hot sausage} and ham, turkey, Swiss and Pepper Jack on a yeast roll. Still good. Also had a carrot that didn't make the picture.

a31mhhog8ocb.jpg

po10p2hmkmu7.jpg
  • littlebee55
    Options
    Homemade chicken souvlaki on a Joseph's Flax/Oat Pita with tomato, onion and homemade tzatziki sauce and a cup of Greek potato salad. Yum! 448 calories. For dessert, 2 mini black bean brownies.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Meatless Monday, tried something new: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-bean-quinoa-salad

Interestingly, my 18 year old (who normally won't touch spinach) loved it. It was pretty filling too. I did add some diced avocado. We had a couple of breadsticks along side. 'Quick, easy, delicious' - my favorite combo.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    St. Paddy's Day potluck at work. I made sure to eat a light breakfast and don't plan on eating much tonight, obviously! Corned beef and cabbage (OMG good!); roasted asparagus; green beans; spicy roasted pea pods; deviled eggs (my contribution); spinach & strawberry salad; broccoli salad; boiled carrots & potatoes; potato cake; ravioli shaped like shamrocks; garlic cheese bread (they had about 4 different kinds of bread and I limited myself to just one, ha!); cookies; cupcakes; apple cake (another one of my contributions). Lots of yummy veggie options for a change!

iln1qgqw6z2t.jpg
    irish-080.gif
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be chicken souvlaki wraps. Trying everything from scratch, including the pita bread. Wish me luck!