What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• kathynavarro2014
    kathynavarro2014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Brandolin11 - that sounds so good!

Tonight was very basic - 4oz chicken breast seasoned with Mrs Dash's lemon pepper seasoning and grilled on my George Foreman, fresh steamed green beans and some black beans.
    IMG_8357.jpg

And last night was Skinny Taste's orange chicken and some brown rice.
    IMG_8353.jpg
  • beautifulif
    beautifulif Posts: 79 Member
    Options

How do you make your key lime pie? It looks devine

2 of the small key lime pie lite yoplait yogurts, 8 oz lite cool whip, 1 sugar free jello mix. 1/4 cup water. Boil the water and pour it large mixing bowl. Add jello and quickly stir it keep the lumps down. Add yogurt and cool whip, whisking as you go. When it is well blended, pour into 8X8 baking dish. You can level it by shaking it back and forth. {We used to make it in a pie crust, but that was over half the calories.} Put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. You can use any kind of yogurt and jello you want. We really like the blueberry and strawberry. I have made it with fruit in the pie, but it doesn't thaw at the same rate, so now we just serve it with fruit.
    bump
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Lots of good food on here the last couple of days. I want to try some of it, but won't get the chance tonight. We are taking BIL out to celebrate his birthday. His choice on where we eat, so I don't know where we are going yet.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

How do you make your key lime pie? It looks devine

2 of the small key lime pie lite yoplait yogurts, 8 oz lite cool whip, 1 sugar free jello mix. 1/4 cup water. Boil the water and pour it large mixing bowl. Add jello and quickly stir it keep the lumps down. Add yogurt and cool whip, whisking as you go. When it is well blended, pour into 8X8 baking dish. You can level it by shaking it back and forth. {We used to make it in a pie crust, but that was over half the calories.} Put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. You can use any kind of yogurt and jello you want. We really like the blueberry and strawberry. I have made it with fruit in the pie, but it doesn't thaw at the same rate, so now we just serve it with fruit.

Thank you so much
  • larrodarro
    Options
    We went to El Jalisco, our local Mexican place. I had the Mamma Jamma platter, which is two pork chops served with green tomatillo sauce, rice, beans and tortillas. It was alright, but I doubt I will have it next time. My sister had the Carnitas Dinner, which is pork chunks with rice, beans, guacamole salad and tortillas. I tasted hers and liked it better. The four of us also ate two baskets of warm chips with some very warm salsa.

Edit: I forgot my camera.
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wish I took a picture. A giant pork chop covered in marble cheese. And leftovers from yesterday which was shredded roast beef/mushroom/onion/green pepper stirfry thing. All with a bit of Jalapeno ranch dressing because YUM.
  • slivi14
    slivi14 Posts: 1
    Options
    I sautee'd some shrimp, red bell pepper, and mushrooms in spicy barilla marinara sauce, along with some thin wheat spaghetti. All in the same pan - spaghetti cooks in the marinara sauce with the lid on the pan. It was really good, and filling.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Tonight was parm crusted chicken, hash browns, and sauted veggies
  • JohnMcCaghren
    Options
    I had a chicken fried steak sandwich!
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Bean and cheese quesadillas

Surprisingly yummy!

Black beans
    Salsa
    And a tad of cheese inside a toasted tortilla

Delish!

Sounds yummy
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Last night we made a stacked taco bake because I had leftover taco meat w/ ground turkey to use up and wanted to try something different. It was good - I added a layer of refried beans on top of each of the tortillas and only used two tortillas since I only had about half of the meat needed for the full recipe. It was <300 cal for 1/4 of the recipe. We ate chips, salsa and guacamole too though!

Here is the link.

http://www.thecountrycook.net/2012/05/taco-bake.html
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have cold chicken with a potato salad. A nice summer picnic meal on a day we are getting a blizzard. :tongue: I would add some fresh raw veggies, but I just ate my last carrot, and seeing how I can barely make out the apartment building across the parking lot right now, I am NOT going anywhere to try to see if something is still open to get some! (I have everything cooked and am going to put the salad together soon and put it in my freezer bag with my ice block to keep it cold, in case with the high winds power goes out)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Leftovers... Pork chop with Mushroom Sauce along with a big green, leafy salad. :happy:
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Sorry for the lunch photo, but today's salad turned out pretty good. I used half an order of Mango-Chili Chicken and leftover salsa from last night, plus tomato, jalapeno, onion, olives, cheese and craisins. The craisins, along with the mango topping on the chicken added a nice touch of sweetness. But it was still plenty hot.

015_zps03c599ed.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I did a corned beef brisket in the slow cooker. I used about a third of it to make a potato, carrot and onion stew in one of the small crocks. Also had green beans and a new salad. I'm calling it Larro's Summer Salad. It is:

1 1/2 cup corn
    2 cups cucumbers, chopped
    1 cup bell pepper, chopped
    1 cup red onion, chopped
    1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
    3/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing
    1 tbs red wine vinegar
    1 tbs lemon juice
    1 tsp sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper

Cook the corn then cool it in ice bath {or put it in the freezer like I did} Mix all the veggies, then mix dressing, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss. Chill for two hours in fridge before serving. We really liked this one.

027_zpsbfaf1573.jpg
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Chicken with basil and bacon and mozzerella and balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts.
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    good ideas here!!
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend bought pizza, I didn't feel like cooking so had some pizza. It was delicious. ^-^
  • larrodarro
    Options
    My boyfriend bought pizza, I didn't feel like cooking so had some pizza. It was delicious. ^-^

Another fan of the Doctor here. When is the new season starting? It has been too long since the little Christmas teaser they give us every year.