What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• SLCasey78
    SLCasey78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I made pesto stuffed chicken with zucchini cakes. It was a new recipe and turned out to be delicious.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I had a ham, chicken and egg sandwich with Pepper Jack and Colby Jack. Also had green beans, baked beans and a tomato. We bought a case of the tomatoes from Jackson Farms, a local grower, right before the first killing frost. They sure are good. Still have a couple dozen left. I'll be sad when they are all gone.

ftwx0foibak3.jpg
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I made the family breakfast for dinner and I had a salad and chicken.

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Made a salad of mixed greens, mixed sprouts, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, red grapes, mushrooms, raisins, cucumber, green onion, turkey, garlic salt, and pecorino cheese; a few tortilla chips.

db9h6gsbnwb2.jpg
  • katiedid1179
    katiedid1179 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I made a two egg omelette with diced peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and low fat cheese. Also, turkey sausage and roasted potatoes.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Huevos Rancheros
  • clearlybrunette
    clearlybrunette Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i love hummus and kashi whole wheat chips with celery, no nitrate turkey breast slices, apple slices and slices of green pepper!
  • dkeener_81
    dkeener_81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    SLCasey78 wrote: »
    I made pesto stuffed chicken with zucchini cakes. It was a new recipe and turned out to be delicious.

What's a zuchinni cake? I loooove zuchinni!!

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    There wasn't enough potato soup left for a meal but too much for a snack or to throw away so I re-purposed it and used it as a base for Macaroni and Cheese. Added a bit of this and that, then baked it with Panko on top...

Delicious and 4 more meals out of it!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    SLCasey78 wrote: »

Care to share the recipe for both the chicken and the zucchini cake?
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    It's another week to use up leftovers... I made pulled cuban pork in the crockpot so I had a lot to use up.
    Monday night I mixed it with some chipotle cheddar pasta (I think it was a Knorr prepackaged thing) and added a box of frozen mixed veggies.

Tuesday I made breakfast for dinner for the kids and I while we watched Rudolph

Wednesday used the last of the pulled pork to make quesadillas

Tonight the kids and I are on our own so they requested grilled cheese and tomato soup and a rerun of Rudolph... :smile:

Hope everyone is having Holly Jolly Holidays!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    There wasn't enough potato soup left for a meal but too much for a snack or to throw away so I re-purposed it and used it as a base for Macaroni and Cheese. Added a bit of this and that, then baked it with Panko on top...

Delicious and 4 more meals out of it!

I'm intrigued, I love repurposing my leftovers (see above post). How did you turn potato soup into mac n cheese?

• Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Chicken sausage jumbalya :)
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Parade tonight. Mexican take out. Vegetarian fajitas. Yum!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Green salad with red peppers, Parmesan, Caesar dressing, a crumbled slice of bacon and turkey.

I was feeling REALLY lazy and there was some turkey cut up.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Margie {my DW} is back from her conference, so I didn't cook a single thing today. She made gumbo and one of her famous tomato pies. I used some of the extra sausage to make a sandwich. It was all very good, but I'm glad today was my lifting day, or I would have been sooooo over.

thwkld84csqx.jpg

luqtf1q811z6.jpg

h3byex3v8a8f.jpg

• Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Margie {my DW} is back from her conference, so I didn't cook a single thing today. She made gumbo and one of her famous tomato pies. I used some of the extra sausage to make a sandwich. It was all very good, but I'm glad today was my lifting day, or I would have been sooooo over

Recipe for the tomato pie please?
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    1/2 a chicken burrito with Spanish rice, romaine, cheese, onion, salsa and sour cream; salad of mixed greens, mixed sprouts, cucumber, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, green onion, black eyed peas, raisins, pecorino cheese and garlic salt; and strawberries.

27m9l420o4y1.jpg

Earlier in the day...

em7mlmmaekh2.jpg

• larrodarro
    Options
    brwelch1 wrote: »
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Margie {my DW} is back from her conference, so I didn't cook a single thing today. She made gumbo and one of her famous tomato pies. I used some of the extra sausage to make a sandwich. It was all very good, but I'm glad today was my lifting day, or I would have been sooooo over

Recipe for the tomato pie please?

I looked on another website where I had posted it last year, and just copied and pasted. Today's pie didn't have the bacon in it. It is good either way. {the comments at the bottom are Margie's}

TOMATO PIE
    1 (9 inch) deep pie shell
    3 med. tomatoes, sliced
    6 strips bacon, fried and crumbled
    1 c. grated Cheddar cheese
    1 c. mayonnaise
    Bake frozen pie shell for 5 to 7 minutes. Place tomatoes in bottom of pie shell; top with crumbled bacon. Combine cheese and mayonnaise; pour over tomatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

My comments:
    Slice and salt your tomatoes and drain in a collander and pat with paper towels or pie will be soggy (still tastes good if soggy)
    You can leave out the bacon or use ham or cooked sausage instead
    I've added blanched green beans and have added diced onions also

Haven't tried freezing one yet.

Hope you enjoy.