Are you guys for or against childhood vaccines?

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it's time wasted that I won't get back.

Do you even reading comprehension?

I have an old 2nd grage grammar book if you would like to borrow it.

What about spelling?
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

How can you say you are FOR vaccines?

Because....well....science...

Also, do you care to post any of your research articles? Would love to read.

This. Also, I love the agument against flu shots based on 1500 deaths. Considering how many people (millions? Don't know, haven't looked it up) get the shot annually, those are pretty low odds. Anybody have the data on what % of those who receive the flu shot end up with complications?
  • calibriintx
    Options
    Why is it crazy to question what is put in your body and your child's body? I think it's crazy not to! Conspiracy means you question things? Well, I think it's the only intelligent thing to do.

Some vaccines are necessary, but others are not. Sure, polio, measles, mumps, etc are good to have on a schedule when the child is older and not susceptible to autism. But nowadays, the childhood vaccination schedule has tripled over the past 30 years, from 23 doses of seven different vaccines in 1980 to 69 doses of 16 different vaccines in 2010. Do your own research, don't blindly follow the masses.

Including the ridiculous Hepatitus B vaccine for newborns that has caused over 1500 deaths. Given to newborns without the parent's consent.

And the flu vaccine- it is ineffective, contains mercury, and has also caused deaths that are covered up because they make BILLIONS off of this vaccine.

How can you say you are FOR vaccines? ANY vaccine? Really?

If you don't want your newborn to have the Hep B vaccine, tell them not to give your newborn the Hep B vaccine. Easy peasy. They're not going to do it if you tell them not to. I delayed my daughter's Hep B vaccine with no issues. Had it done at her ped's office.

ETA: Unless you're a Hep B carrier. In that case I hope they'd give it to them anyway.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Hahaha! THIS^^

Seriously though. Science. There is RESEARCH for a reason. & the protocol's for research are pretty stringent.

A million times THIS!!!!!!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

This. Also, I love the agument against flu shots based on 1500 deaths. Considering how many people (millions? Don't know, haven't looked it up) get the shot annually, those are pretty low odds. Anybody have the data on what % of those who receive the flu shot end up with complications?

The FDA banned ephedra based on 300 deaths. And aspirin still kills about 2000 annually. It seems arbitrary to me.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    YAY! I'm not too late!
    IN!
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    100% for due to...all scientific evidence available at this juncture. Don't even get me started on herd immunity or the Andrew Wakefield business... :explode: I even pestered a friend of mine into getting vaccinations when it was revealed that she and her misinformed mother believed homeopathy would cure all her ills...

(would recommend the book Bad Science by Ben Goldacre to anyone wishing to know more about science misrepresentation in the media)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Some vaccines are necessary, but others are not. Sure, polio, measles, mumps, etc are good to have on a schedule when the child is older and not susceptible to autism.

or

which is your stance?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    IBTL

And for... Because it's not just my child that needs to be protected from childhood illnesses... and because I understand how vaccines work because I'm not willfully ignorant.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    (would recommend the book Bad Science by Ben Goldacre to anyone wishing to know more about science misrepresentation in the media)

I definitely don't need a book to know the media often lies about science (among other things). :smokin:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Why is it crazy to question what is put in your body and your child's body? I think it's crazy not to! Conspiracy means you question things? Well, I think it's the only intelligent thing to do.

Some vaccines are necessary, but others are not. Sure, polio, measles, mumps, etc are good to have on a schedule when the child is older and not susceptible to autism. But nowadays, the childhood vaccination schedule has tripled over the past 30 years, from 23 doses of seven different vaccines in 1980 to 69 doses of 16 different vaccines in 2010. Do your own research, don't blindly follow the masses.

Including the ridiculous Hepatitus B vaccine for newborns that has caused over 1500 deaths. Given to newborns without the parent's consent.

And the flu vaccine- it is ineffective, contains mercury, and has also caused deaths that are covered up because they make BILLIONS off of this vaccine.

Some estimates indicate that around 30,000 people die from the seasonal flu annually while close to 200,000 are hospitalized.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options

I definitely don't need a book to know the media often lies about science (among other things). :smokin:

Haha, very true. But it's still a good read. For instance, he demonstrated how easy it is to be seen as a Dr (*cough* Gillian McKeith) by successfully procuring the title for his dead cat...
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Pro choice. Personnally, I weigh the risks against each other. Yes for the major childhood ones, no for the "modern" teenager ones... (the one for girls against uturus cancer, and I think there is now one recommended for 1type of meningitis). I asked their opinion, the one opted to get it; fine. The other not; fine too. The pharma industry does not need to be sponsored.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    it's a big issue where i live.

Netherlands in biblebelt (that's what it's called) And the people of the very strict churches don't vaccinate their children.
    Last year we had an epidemic amongst the schools of those children and whole classes of 30 -40 children got sick.

They don't vaccinate because of (fear of) God and that it is against nature

A lot of them are hypocrites in my opinion since they do as they please all week, except for Sundays, then they pretend to be Christians...

Last year in my area we had a measles outbreak due to an ultra conservative group that didn't vaccinate their kids... they do now.

We also see Pertussis (Whooping cough) and TB all the time as well... Yeah, I'm vaccinating myself and my kid... that way IF we get it it won't be near as bad as if we didn't.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Haha, very true. But it's still a good read. For instance, he demonstrated how easy it is to be seen as a Dr (*cough* Gillian McKeith) by successfully procuring the title for his dead cat...

Might be worth a read to add to my knowledge arsenal... :drinker:
  • calibriintx
    Options

The FDA banned ephedra based on 300 deaths. And aspirin still kills about 2000 annually. It seems arbitrary to me.

Those numbers seem arbitrary. There's no source, we don't know how many people were likely taking ephedra compared to how many likely take aspirin, and we don't know whether intentional overdose is included in the count.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I've done my research and my daughter has had all of her vaccines, including HPV. Pros outweigh cons. My dad had polio so I'm kind of a fan of disease prevention.

Also I hold no belief that vaccines cause autism.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Pro choice. Personnally, I weigh the risks against each other. Yes for the major childhood ones, no for the "modern" teenager ones... (the one for girls against uturus cancer, and I think there is now one recommended for 1type of meningitis). I asked their opinion, the one opted to get it; fine. The other not; fine too. The pharma industry does not need to be sponsored.

I think you mean cervical cancer.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    you made me say it...

Y'all ninjas postin' in a troll topic...
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    wow- we would hate to prevent meningitis or cancer (have fun explaining that to your 35 daughter who cannot conceive - "honey your teenage self had a choice").
    WOW - I WOULD HATE TO FUND THE COMPANIES LOOKING FOR A CURE FOR CANCER OR ALZHEIMERS. SHAME ON THEM.