Nutella, what's up with that?

Options

Replies

• brista128
    brista128 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm with the original poster. It's not my thing. I had cookies once that were made with it and those were pretty good but straight up nutella? Blech! I also really don't like how it's marketed as hazelnuts with a touch of cocoa since it's actually sugar and palm oil with a touch of hazelnuts.
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's like Miracle Whip, either you love, or you hate :)

I am a lover.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Nutella? I can't get enough.

funny-om-nom-shaycarl.gif

YUP.
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Nutella is to the French what peanut butter is to the American until recently, for some reason it all switched around. The French are now crazy about PB the same way the American are about Nutella. I grew up in France, so I know and I love Nutella but when I moved years ago, to the US it was not available yet and I discovered PB. I love them both in small quantity. Every body's tastes are different
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I discovered it on a college trip in the Middle East (long before it was popular or even widely available in the US). Breakfast (and most lunches) consisted of Nutella slathered on pita bread every day. Delicious! And, likely the reason I managed to gain 15 pounds in 2 months. I haven't touched the stuff since--way to dangerous!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    large.jpg

original.jpg
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    So Nutella is AMAZING!! It literally tastes like chocolate mixed with hazelnuts (which is basically what it is). My husband CLAIMS he doesn't like it, however I have caught him on several occasions eating it straight from the jar and mixing it with peanut butter. He says it tastes like a Reese's cup when he does that.

It does taste like Reese's!! And this was discovered by my boyfriend too LOL. Men and their food experiments. I must say they are geniuses when it comes to food experiments.

Nutella + peanut butter = SMART!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think OP is a troll and just posting this to get everyone fired up. There's just NO WAY not to love Nutella.
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    I see people on here just raving about it and stating that they can't get enough of it.
    Personally if I was on a deserted island and it was the only food source I would rather starve to death!
    I hate that crap, think it tastes just awful, what's the big deal with Nutella?

Sweet mother! I thought I was the only one who hated that *kitten*. My kid eats it right from the jar. GAG!
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can't eat it without getting a headache :(. I'll just stick to my white chocolate peanut butter.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m50gi2gU2i1rwmdqeo1_400.gif

Love this!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate pb but not nutella. I don't like hazelnuts or anything hazelnut flavored.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm neutral about Nutella... I think it's good but it's number one ingredient is sugar followed by palm oil. I've made my own chocolate hazelnut spread and oh my word, was that delicious. It was definitely better than store bought Nutella.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    People who don't like or hate Nutella have no soul.

Me I have a soul!
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    In my entire life I've only tasted it once...and I'm guessing that was within the last year? (it was a co-worker who had some, and I've been here just over 2 years). I was unimpressed. I wouldn't say I hated it, or didn't like it...but seriously don't get the hype :/ it was just meh
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Get out.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    yup, using a spoon right from the jar. I can't be trusted if there is any in the house - thus none in the house. :laugh:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    ...original.jpg

^^ROFL! Don't mind me... I just want this pick in my feed while having to ability to blame it on someone else.

FTR: I love Nutella (just started buying 2 mos ago), but I swap back-n-forth between it and choc-PB since the latter has way more protein.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just DO NOT microwave it! My hubby thought he melt it down and put it on fruit for the kiddos for a snack....uhm, Epic Fail!
    (It does say right on the jar not to microwave it, but he didn't read that until after it had turned into a mess of powder and ruined the whole jar!)