Nutella, what's up with that?

Options

Replies

• IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It is delicious but still a bit sweet so I stay away. PB is my preferred choice but will be trying apple butter soon.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    nutella is way too sweet. I prefer skippy's dark chocolate peanut butter. or just regular ol' nut/legume butters. mmmmm, nut butters... :)

but, thankfully, the stores stock all of them, so I can get mine, and the nutella people can get theirs, and a fight will never break out in the peanut butter aisle. ;)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I can take it or leave it. Never go out of my way to buy it myself, though.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nutella on graham crackers....YUM.

I made a basque cake once where I layered homemade vanilla creme anglaise with nutella as the filling. It was...transcendent.

dear god...
  • Just_Bella
    Options
    Just DO NOT microwave it! My hubby thought he melt it down and put it on fruit for the kiddos for a snack....uhm, Epic Fail!
    (It does say right on the jar not to microwave it, but he didn't read that until after it had turned into a mess of powder and ruined the whole jar!)

If you want to melt nutella you need to do it in a pot on low heat with a splash of milk. I did this to make Nutella covered pretzels
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you don't like Nutella then you have issues haha
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about people raving over using cauliflower as a substitute for anything they can.....

somone told me cauliflower mash was better than mashed potatoes, THEY WERE WRONG!!!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Nutella is like a treat for me whenever I go home. Ok, it's a cheaper version of the stuff from Lidl, but it still tastes delicious! I can't keep it in my flat - too big a risk of taking a teaspoon to the jar :tongue:
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That stuff is terrible for you, full of sugar, palm oil (which is bad for you and the environment) and just tastes gross. Yuck.
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I was dating my now husband (long distance), he made - and Xpress Posted - me homemade croissants filled with Nutella.

That was the moment I knew he was a keeper!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think the version called Nutkao is way more delicious. And cheaper.

But I kind of "get it". I wouldn't just eat it plain. I love it on a dark piece of wheat toast, or in crepes with bananas. It is so delicious that way (to me). Very rich and sweet but a better chocolate-y companion than other things like pudding or straight up frosting/icing!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I see people on here just raving about it and stating that they can't get enough of it.
    Personally if I was on a deserted island and it was the only food source I would rather starve to death!
    I hate that crap, think it tastes just awful, what's the big deal with Nutella?

Sweet mother! I thought I was the only one who hated that *kitten*. My kid eats it right from the jar. GAG!

my friend sent me a jar from Germany- raving about it.

I had a few times- and wound up throwing the jar away- I felt really bad- but it's so awful.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I wish I felt that way! I love it, used to eat it straight from the tub with a spoon before I started calorie counting.

me too. Occasionally I ate it with two big slabs of white wonderbread.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Never tried it....................*runs & hides*
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it and I don't think I will. Sounds too good!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I like Nutella, but I'd much rather have a jar of peanut butter :love:
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't like it! I tried it in my French class years ago and it was just icky D: But, I don't like nuts in my chocolate anyway!
  • Kar3n84
    Kar3n84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cookiebutter1.jpg

Far superior than Nutella.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    BLASPHEMER !!!
  • Othelie157
    Options
    It's pretty much just sugar. Two tablespoons of nutella have the same amount of sugar as 5 oreo cookies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtsBmFK8F4