Nutella, what's up with that?

Options

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I can control myself around it but add some banana to the graham cracker and Nutella. YUM.
  • Daisyisacat
    Options
    one cup hot milk + one tablespoon Nutella = delicious hot chocolate :drinker:
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I see people on here just raving about it and stating that they can't get enough of it.
    Personally if I was on a deserted island and it was the only food source I would rather starve to death!
    I hate that crap, think it tastes just awful, what's the big deal with Nutella?

Have at it!
    Out of al the crazy crap you eat, you hatin' on Nutella?!?!?! Shame on you, Guy Fieri...

Don't dis the hair Bro, don't dis the hair...
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Homemade nutella:
    Yields 2 cups
    36 calories per serving
    3.5g of fat

1 1/2 c hazelnuts
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or not, to make it less sweet)
    1/2 cup erythritol or sugar

Preheat oven to 350°F.
    Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Using a paper towel, pull the skins off the hazelnuts. Transfer the hazelnuts to a food processor and process until smooth and buttery, stopping to scrape down as needed, about 10 minutes.
    Add in the remaining ingredients and process again until smooth, adding more or less sweetener to taste. Transfer your homemade Nutella to a 16 ounce jar. It will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week. Devour.
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Nutella is the nectar of the Gods.

*highfive*
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Nutella is the nectar of the Gods.

Truth!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm with OP. I WANT to like it, but I guess my expectation and the reality are poles apart. My 11-yr old liked it about a year ago, but I recently threw out a jar that had fuzz growing on it. So my kid is over it, too. Good thing for him--he likes carbs too much as is. For some reason, I love, love, love peanut butter cups. So not sure why another nut plus chocolate does not equate.....
  • Happyanne515
    Options
    I absolutely hate the smell but love the taste. I like making my own because it's much healthier. =3
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I HATE it. Mostly because I hate hazelnuts.

See, I love hazelnuts. One of my favorite drinks at Starbucks is a hazelnut frappuccino.
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Nutella + crunchy peanut butter + Ryvita crackers = :smooched:

Also, I microwave Nutella all the time on mini pancakes and it turns out fine.... it just melts like you'd expect, no powder. I only do it for 40 seconds mind.
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    cookiebutter1.jpg

Far superior than Nutella.
    Yes!! I love this stuff. :love:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    cookiebutter1.jpg

Far superior than Nutella.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!

I need to try the plain cookie version. The cookie & cocoa swirl is a.maz.ing
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few months ago and won't be having it again.

I used to share a house with someone who ate it out of the jar with a spoon.
  • kfraz33
    kfraz33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A better more heatlhy option is Peanut Butter & CO. Dark Chocolate Dream, less sugar and calories and more protein!
  • Chuchiiee
    Chuchiiee Posts: 43
    Options
    Nutella is amazing.

But it took A LONG TIME TO GET POPULAR.
    I have a French background and in our household, we regularly ate nutella in a toasted french baguette. Omg heaven.
    I introduced my classmates to nutella back in 9th grade.. I'm now done with college. So it's been around for a good while.

Don't see how it suddenly got popular but I'm not hating!
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    And speaking of Nutella, there's these glorious spheres of glory... Ferrero Rocher.
    tCEqxx7.jpg
    wB9RphP.jpg
    See the brown stuff enveloping the hazlenut? That's Nutella. The same company that makes Nutella also makes these. I legitimately ate a box of these every week until I started on MFP. :tongue:

Edit: Ha, I effed-up the sizing. Oops.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    And speaking of Nutella, there's these glorious spheres of glory... Ferrero Rocher.
    tCEqxx7.jpg
    wB9RphP.jpg
    See the brown stuff enveloping the hazlenut? That's Nutella. The same company that makes Nutella also makes these. I legitimately ate a box of these every week until I started on MFP. :tongue:

My husband once bought me a box of these for Christmas. He's an enabler!!!
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    tCEqxx7.jpg
    wB9RphP.jpg

I feel so... so... so vindicated!
    I've tried those also and hated them, I guess that seals it, I'm just not a Nutella sorta guy.
    Maybe I'll start a support group! LoL
  • kwiatrtdy
    kwiatrtdy Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    YOU EVIL PEOPLE!!!

I saw this thread and looked beside me and there was a jar of this delicious nectar my partner left on the counter from pancake day. Once it has been seen it cannot be unseen! I just went and got out the bread rolls and a knife before I looked back at this screen and said to myself "no, you will regret it in the morning". Have hidden everything in the cupboards now. The last thing I need is a 3am junk food binge. The thought actually ran through my head " well if you're getting the bread rolls out you might as well make veggie cheeseburgers while you're there!"

I think I'm going to hide in the other room with Jillian Michaels now before this all gets too much for me XD
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    Im with you OP - I don't like Nutella either.

far too sweet for me.

I didnt let my kids have it when they were younger either - far too much sugar to be an everyday food for them.