The reason why you take pictures

Options

Replies

• iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I officially lost 100 pounds in 50 weeks, and I wasn't happy about it. What?!! Yeah, for whatever reason, I was just blah about it.

Today, I got up early, did my hair & makeup, put on my starting dress and had a buddy snap a quick picture. When she showed it to me, I said WOW!!!! You can totally see a difference. Then when I lined today's pic with last year's pic, it was insanely obvious. No one in my real life has noticed, and I don't expect them to. I have soooooo much to lose. Anyway, just thought I'd share my mini goal with you all. It's possible, and I feel great! And take pictures at regular intervals, in the same clothes if you can.

7056aadc-b7de-4497-886e-2c65e56b092a.jpg

OMG -100lbs is a MINI GOAL?!?!?!? you've so accomplished a MAJOR goal here!! OWN IT!!! You look fabulous. It's not uncommon for those who see you everyday to not notice, although 100lbs is a big difference. Maybe they are not sure how to approach you about it since it may be a sensitive issue? i lost about 30lbs once and nobody noticed either, although, they never noticed out loud that I'd gained it all back either lol.

Forget everyone else. Let them miss out on the great person you are and are discovering yourself to be!! Keep up the continued success! You so GOT THIS!!
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!! Regardless of what your ultimate goal is, losing 100 pounds has made a HUGE difference in your health. I bet there are lots of things you can do now that you couldn't before. You also look awesome. What a difference between your before and after!! having lost a great deal of weight before I can tell you no one really noticed for the whole first stretch. When I lost enough that i needed to buy new clothes people seemed to notice. I also noticed there was a certain weight when suddenly EVERYONE noticed. Keep it up you are inspiring and you should feel duly proud of yourself.
  • wendyk673
    wendyk673 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You look awesome!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I also can't believe no one has noticed. Perhaps they simply haven't commented. Congratulations. That's a lot of hard work! :flowerforyou:
  • BeautyNovice
    BeautyNovice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress! Congratulations!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Oh hon!!! You hit an awesome goal!!!! You have proved that you can do this! Sure there's still more work to do..but we all have something to improve on at any weight whether its a physical or mental attribute! Be proud of yourself!

I can't believe nobody has realized your loss! I'd be waving some pics under peoples noses if they give me a hard time about anything..and say look I've already accomplished something major that you have no right to say a thing! WTG girl!!!!! :)
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Let us know on this forum when the dress comes and if you feel comfortable post another photo in it when the time is right! Also for a moment you should contemplate: even if you didn't lose a single pound further, and merely maintained this loss, what an accomplishment just by itself is and what a difference it makes.
  • green_eyes_99
    green_eyes_99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I could see a difference….you look great!!!! Keep up the good work ma'am!!! :wink:
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're beautiful!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one noticed! I'm so sorry!

Congratulations!!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic that in your before photo, there's a sign behind you saying "Live Well". It's like you were taking a stand 50 weeks ago and by George, you did it. Congratulations on the super 100 pounds lost and here's to the rest of the journey...keep it up!!
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your very important milestone!! 100 pounds lost is a MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT!!

The next time you are at the grocery store, pick up a 10 pound bag of potatoes, and then think about carrying 10 of those around with you. Take a look at 1 pound of butter, and then think about how big a stack of 100 of those bricks would be. That is what you are no longer carrying with you everyday.

I am at somewhere close to 80 pounds down (I haven't been on the scale in a few weeks, so my stats are a little behind). People I saw everyday didn't really notice until I'd lost around 60 pounds, but the people I don't see often, noticed the changes a lot quicker. I have a thread going as well, with progress pictures, because I am also having trouble seeing the changes myself.

Anyway, I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!! -100 is GREAT! And I know what it feels like, to only be part of the way there :)
  • tulip_in_a_cup
    tulip_in_a_cup Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    go girl! that's amazing!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    The people in your daily life may not have noticed, but that's only because it's been such a gradual loss. As you've pointed out, it's VERY clear that you have made tremendous progress when comparing before and after shots! Wow! :love: Keep it up! :drinker:
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Mini goal?! NO! MAJORLY FANTASTIC ACCOMPLISHMENT OF A GOAL! I am so inspired by you! I'm struggling losing 10 and you've lose 100! Amazing work - that is definitely something to be proud of! I'm having a hard time believing no one in real life has noticed, but I'm sure they will start complimenting soon because you look fantastic! :) Keep it up! :)
  • sandign
    sandign Posts: 56
    Options
    You look amazing. Since people see you everyday they may not notice or they may be afraid to say something. But the person who counts did notice. YOU! I'm glad you got dressed up and took the photo. You should be proud!
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • runny111
    runny111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look younger. Way to go!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Hurray you! Congratulations!! Yippee!! This is a MAJOR accomplishment and you are an inspiration to everyone here. You look fantastic!

I think sometimes people in our real lives don't pay very close attention, so I am not entirely surprised that people haven't noticed. And I am not entirely sure it's a bad thing. :-)

Thanks for the encouragement to take photos along the way. I have dreaded the idea of that because I really don't like the way I look right now. But I get the concept and I will take some this week.

Blessings!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    OMG !!!! you can TOTALLY see the change ,
    you are doing great and are right on track to where you want to be !!!

you're doing wonderful,
    you need a fan bus to follow you around and remind you,
    because well, just because
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!