Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have and I would again. I have dated all body types. Currently I am dating someone who is 6'3" and rail thin but his physical attributes have little to do with my attraction to him. Though I do adore the fact that he is 5 inches taller than me and his long arms make me feel tiny.
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Yeah, according to some, it is a miracle that anyone finds me attractive at all.

You're kind of covering your face a bit but from what I can see you're adorable.

I'm ok. Definitely not bad for 310lbs+.

Frankly I think YOU are all kinds of cute!!
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Yes - it's not about the appearance for me.. it's what's inside. I was there and I wish there were some that could have looked past my weight...
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Some extra weight...yes. A whole lot of extra weight...no.

this. i would date someone overweight . I was overweight . :wink:
  • CheriLiftsBig
    CheriLiftsBig Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that people say they wouldn't, and the few comments I had time to read were from men... Men who were probably well into the "overweight" category by BMI standards because if their muscle mass (which is how assuming y'all are standardizing overweight.)

You DO know there are plenty of men AND women who would be considered overweight AND have low body fat and lots of muscle. I guess that's just as bad as over fat huh... Smh. :grumble:
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Some extra weight...yes. A whole lot of extra weight...no.

this. i would date someone overweight . I was overweight . :wink:

I completely agree. I am actually still really overweight (Working on it!) but wouldn't want to be with someone that is how I used to be (obese, lazy, etc). The most important thing is I like them for who they are and we share a similiar lifestyle. I don't want to be with someone that could slowly revert me back to the old me.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Why not? Although I prefer people with the same mindset and lifestyle, there are exceptions. I'm open to anyone unless the difference is so huge we can hardly enjoy each other's company.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Been there done that!!!

At this stage of my life I wouldn't date a woman who is overweight!!!!!!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yes love bigger men
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Have before and would again. It's not about the package for me, rather what I find on the inside!

I would have thought most women are interested in the package.

Haaaaa.

Seriously though, I actually prefer men a bit bigger. I don't want them too large because then I would be worried about their health. My bf is the perfect weight for me. He has a TON of muscle too. His legs are so dense that when he was in high school, he was sticking his legs out from under the desk and his teacher tripped over them and fractured his kneecap on my bf's leg. Not even kidding. lol
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Let me just put a little perspective on this... About 3 years ago, my husband and I took a biking tour of an area in Canada. There were five others with us. Three of which were women who were thin and athletic looking and had been bragging about how this ride would be a piece of cake. By the end of the ride they were about to DIE! All three had to walk their bikes up the last hill because they were unable to ride all the way. I, on the other hand was still going strong, never walked my bike, and was in front of them the entire time.

Just because someone is a little heavy does not mean they are not active.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    If i was not married, why not? If the person has good personality, nice smile, good sense of humor and smells good, a definite yes!
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Honestly no I wouldnt.
    Mainly just because of life style differences.
    But saying that, I find personality traits way more important than physical appearance.
    End of the day, attractiveness changes....personality stays forever.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that people say they wouldn't, and the few comments I had time to read were from men... Men who were probably well into the "overweight" category by BMI standards because if their muscle mass (which is how assuming y'all are standardizing overweight.)

You DO know there are plenty of men AND women who would be considered overweight AND have low body fat and lots of muscle. I guess that's just as bad as over fat huh... Smh. :grumble:

And here come this post out of left field nowhere. What planet were you on when you came up with this?
  • CheriLiftsBig
    CheriLiftsBig Posts: 6 Member
    Options

And here come this post out of left field nowhere. What planet were you on when you came up with this?

Are you seriously that ignorant?!? You do know that most bodybuilders (I won't even go into strongmen and powerlifters) are considered overweight by BMI standards, right????
    Weight= mass... Lean mass and total fat.
    Weight does NOT simply equal fat.
  • librawi
    librawi Posts: 20
    Options
    Overweight, yes. Morbidly obese, no.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    We all have our likes and dislikes, right? Personally, I have about 20-30 pounds to lose myself. I prefer athletic/toned to average type men. The guy I just met is VERY athletic and Toned - NICE! :love: let's hope it works out!!! He also seems to have a GREAT personality too.

In the end, it's all about if you get along with the person and who you fall in love with. Sometimes you can't help who you fall in love with, you just do. However, I do understand that we don't surround ourselves with certain people, that's what the real issue is.

I agree with others that I'd like to surround myself with ppl that support my active lifestyle (working out). It would be nice to have a workout buddy!!! I don't need someone discouraging me from going to the gym, I work too much and sometimes miss gym time anyway! I need the encouragement, NOT discouragement!

I say this but I also have to say that I was obese and did lose about 100 pounds already. I'm not discriminating, just changing my lifestyle and loving me. I do not want to be dragged back to that dark ugly place and I know my limitations.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Are you seriously that ignorant?!? You do know that most bodybuilders (I won't even go into strongmen and powerlifters) are considered overweight by BMI standards, right????

Way to state the obvious. That's not quite what any rational person refers to when using the term "overweight".
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather date someone that makes me laugh and treats me with respect who has a some extra pounds on him than someone who is super fit but treats me poorly.

tumblr_m7f4lsEUbs1rziwwco1_400.gif
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Happy to date the obese by BMI standards. I think just about every guy I have dated has been. But also only around 7-9% body fat, totally jacked. BMI means nothing. And obviously no one thinks they are overweight. Maybe in some people's opinions over muscled. But I like them like that.