Ever wonder if the picture people post are really them?

Options

Replies

• ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I guess I never really thought about it... I'm here to talk to and learn from and inspire people.. Not pictures ;)
  • sarahmichel101
    sarahmichel101 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    7k1YAkal.jpg

But since I am not me, did you actually catch me? That is the philosophical question of the night. Also, you guys like my leopard oil painting? LOL

Yeah, we still caught YOU, mr puppy face.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    My photos are all me, 100% unedited. But like two years ago when I first made one here I used this picture of a girl with my dream body but I was very honest that it wasn't me. She was in lingerie ffs haha. Anyways, yah, I think it is pretty easy to tell who is using their pics and who isn't. Like the stock-photo abs aren't real, the biniki-clad girl on a Hawaiian beach probably isn't real either.

Two years ago when you were lying about your age? Or have you been blessed to remain 18 for the past two years?
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    this all me:bigsmile:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Who would want to claim this mug?

That's what I was going to post lol. They'd have to be pretty stinkin' desperate to use my photo haha.
  • CoilyMiki
    Options
    Hi everyone! New to fitness pal, good luck to all of you!
  • ALNoog
    Options
    what i wonder most about pictures is the amount of selfies that are taken to show a good weight loss, is it too hard to ask someone to take your photo, its always a better picture when you dont have the camera in your hand.

1. I don't like posed photos
    2. in the majority of my progress photos I lived on my own with no one to take the photos for me
    3. why the **** would I bother with a camera timer or a tripod when I can take a selfie mirror photo that shows my progress just as well?

I don't understand your post

I agree a thousand percent
  • i guess you're dining with a psychopathic murderer then ;)

(that's a quote from the hannibal tv series. my picture is hannibal)
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    I never actually thought about that. I suppose that could be the case, but I figured most people on here would either use a random image (flowers, scenery, animals, etc.) if they didn't want to show the real person. I never thought that people would use strangers and pretend to be them. Yea, I know it happens on dating sites or whatever....sure, it could happen here....but seems like a strange place to do that. That's just me, though. My photos are actually me - or caricatures of me. HAHA>
  • ALNoog
    Options
    I think what perplexes me more is the fact that someone would be like AHA I do not believe that picture is real, I must scan it into the google machine and prove it and I won't stop until I get to to the bottom of it.....

I guess maybe I just don't care that much... I'm not here to date someone or marry someone so why do I care if you are Snoopy or Fabio or just yourself.
  • xliseyy
    xliseyy Posts: 2
    Options
    I've only just rejoined mfp after a streak of junk food eating and laziness, but I've never really thought of this before - I'll probably now be wary of everyone!

SUSPICIOUS
  • SammiFromMiami18
    Options
    I rather have people know who I am than pretend to be someone else. I just joined this website so I can lose body fat, why would I want to hide who I am? I rather have people support me rather than judge me on my appearance.
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My photos are all me, 100% unedited. But like two years ago when I first made one here I used this picture of a girl with my dream body but I was very honest that it wasn't me. She was in lingerie ffs haha. Anyways, yah, I think it is pretty easy to tell who is using their pics and who isn't. Like the stock-photo abs aren't real, the biniki-clad girl on a Hawaiian beach probably isn't real either.

Two years ago when you were lying about your age? Or have you been blessed to remain 18 for the past two years?

We're here for support. I'm just thankful to have had have this amazing body I've always wanted/dreamed of by the time I was 18. When trying to take hold of one's image/weight, it is best to start early on.
  • PghPensFan69
    Options

We're here for support. I'm just thankful to have had have this amazing body I've always wanted/dreamed of by the time I was 18. When trying to take hold of one's image/weight, it is best to start early on.

I saw the original post, but no worries.

So you are now being honest when you say you are 18?
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Yes I am :). And it's ok, sorry. I did try other things before MFP, but it was literally the only thing that worked for me. I'm so lucky to have found it! It's amazing.
  • Traciaq
    Traciaq Posts: 29
    Options
    my pictures of my face, big and clear I see all the imperfections and double chins..... I don't care I know who I am, and I only want friends that also like that person =0
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    A portrait of me.

Is that really? Because that's kind of adorable! I can see where you got your username from! :flowerforyou:
  • PghPensFan69
    Options

Yes I am :). And it's ok, sorry. I did try other things before MFP, but it was literally the only thing that worked for me. I'm so lucky to have found it! It's amazing.

Glad that you have found success
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Pshhh my pictures are me. I wouldn't pick this face if I had a choice. I do wonder about the faceless pics though.
  • Lola_Rogers
    Lola_Rogers Posts: 107
    Options
    pepople ask me all the time if im real so they usually want a real time photo to make sure theres no catfish lol

all pics are me (lingeries too)