Let Your Geek Flag Fly

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Shalaurise wrote: »
    I am ashamed to say that I do not feel I qualify as a geek. I did however marry one and tend to keep them around... almost exclusively. I like geeks a lot. Hubbs says I am one, but I don't know enough about any of my geeky likes to feel I can really claim that flag.

I like to think that I appreciate geek and nerd culture - but not quite one myself. I speak the language, I appreciate the customs, but it's not a perfect fit.

That being said, I gain instant cred when I say I've read all of WoT, the Watchman and Dune.
  • lichic25
    lichic25 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a pint glass in my cabinet that says "The Prancing Pony Pub"

Love Lord of the Rings, no shame at all! :)
  • lzinn814
    lzinn814 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I live in the Barony of Stargate in Kingdom of Ansteorra. In Stargate, I go to their rapier practises.
    Even though I live in Stargate I also go to the Barony of Loch-Soilleir's Art& Sciences events and Rapier practices too.

I was wondering if there was anyone here that's with the SCA?
  • Deltaoutlaw
    Deltaoutlaw Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Magic the Gathering. Made my own Commander Shepard Costume for Halloween a few years ago.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    - Played video games since I could pick up a controller
    - Spent a large part of my teen years playing D&D, or other tabletop games
    - Spent the other part of my teen years reading scifi/fantasy
    - I could probably shred at least 85% of people in trivia based games
    - Favorite author is Robert A. Heinlein
    - I've really become quite a Whovian since the middle-end of the 10th
    - Absolutely love learning anything, and everything about the universe, stars, and matter
    - I have a Physics degree
    - I also have a Math degree
    - An elegant mathematical equation/solution is just as, if not more, beautiful to me than amazing works of art.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have bills and responsibilities, I would quit what I'm doing to go back to my old job at my childhood comic book store where I was paid under the table, and most of the time it was traded for books.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I use to collect comics and play magic. I have a degree in computers, I play video games and have memorized too many Monty Python movies for my own good
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I love boardgames… like Pandemic, Eldritch Horror, King of Tokyo, Andor the list goes on and on.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    - Favorite author is Robert A. Heinlein

I live in Butler, MO where he was born :smiley: I love Starship Troopers!

How am I geek? Let me count the ways:
    Firefly
    Babylon 5
    ST Anything (DS9 in my fav)
    Whovian
    Browncoat
    SGA
    Supernatural
    Sherlock
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Highander TV show
    Xena
    Hercules
    90's X Men Cartoon
    Gambit is fav X Man
    Labyrinth
    Princess Bride
    LOTR Movies
    LOTR Books
    Silmarillion, love the tragic story of Turor and Idril and how Maeglin betrayed them all and cased the fall of Gondolin
    Fan of John Sheppard's hair :wink:
    Played almost every console since the Atari
    I know tons of useless trivia both in fandom and out
    D&D, Magic the Gathering, and Pokemon are my favorite tabletop games
    I've played my way through 90% of the Forgotten Realms series of PC games. I recently got them back via Steam.
    Mavel is awesome
    DC is OK cos they have Batman and Wonder Woman
    Played World of Warcraft since it came out. My character is a lvl 100 Gnome Mage
    Lingo like Tank, DPS, Glass Cannon, Mobs, Threat, and multiple others are common in discussions
    Used tons of computers starting with the original Mac, Apple with green screen, and Commodore 640

I am sure there are a ton more but I am hurting from surgery (gallbladder removal) and it's late lol.

Pics:
    1as6bog5aq5c.jpg
    kwhcvt5q3l6v.jpg
    lnk6wswp1r4k.jpg
    fqzlbdmguyna.jpg

These were taken at Planet Comic Con in KC March 2015. Boba Fett handed me his weapon and I responded "THe Doctor doesn't like guns. I have my trusty Sonic Screwdriver!" :blush:

PS: I know the Doctor has used guns in Classic Who but he seems to dislike them in New Who except for a water pistol lmao!
  • legs180
    legs180 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I adore Star Trek TOS and Star Wars the original trilogy, I've been to three comic cons and 1 anime con, and I study astrophysics in my spare time :)
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I absolutely love mysteries, whether it's like myth-busters or the paranormal etc. I love Batman and Spiderman too, the other superhero movies can leave. :p
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I am me. All geek.