Let Your Geek Flag Fly

Options

Replies

• mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i love translating Latin. like, seriously love it. ...and i pretty much have Star Wars Episodes IV-VI memorized.

ed for splelling
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Have been playing ffxi for 9 years on and off, like to throw down some Magic the Gathering from time to time

I miss playing Magic! Wish I could find some people around me that still played!
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Star Wars fan and have spent way to much money on Force FX light Sabers.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    You said flag right?
    Browncoatflag.jpg
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    01001001 00100000 01100001 01101101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100111 01100101 01100101 01101011 00100001

Yep, that's me!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You said flag right?
    Browncoatflag.jpg

I love you.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Too many to list.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    MST3K ( :heart: Tom Servo) and The Spoony One

ETA: still in love with old school NES. We have an emulator with every NES/SNES, 64 as well as Genesis and Dreamcast game made- on our TV (it's hooked up to a computer).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    the first thing that comes to mind is my love of list making. I have all kinds of lists everywhere, in paper journals, on Pinterest, all over the place really. One of them is a list of businesses & restaurants in my city that have closed down...it is in a journal, alphabetical, with hundreds of entries.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am a software developer, guess that is geeky
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Most people give up playing the recorder in primary school. I stopped at 15 and got to grade 6. So uncool.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Comic books. Lots of them.
    Transformers toy collection. I realized I had a problem when I agreed to meet someone from Craigslist at a 7-11 at 11:30pm to buy a box of old Transformers. His girlfriend called us nerds. I really coudn't argue. My wife made fun of me when I got home.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    You said flag right?
    Browncoatflag.jpg

I love you.

I love you both!

4e20051202c3a9a848b4fd5875d04bba.jpg
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I know way too much about birds. I can identify almost any of them at a glance, some from just hearing them or their flight patterns. I do not consider myself a "bird watcher" however. No handlebar moustache.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I have started playing MW3- All or Nothing....getting some knife skills. lol
    My son is setting me up with a clan tag??
    I'll be in a group with a bunch of teenagers.

This will be fun!!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've been running Linux of some flavor since...1997? Awhile, anyway.

My day job is head of IT.

I run FreeBSD+ZFS on a 14TB home server that fits in the size of a shoebox and is whisper quiet.

I know almost everything there is to know about proper bra fitting.

I will read literally anything put in front of me.

You got me beat on the home server level, but I built my first Linux kernel in 1992. But then I moved on to Solaris/AIX and manage big iron in data centers. I just left a job managing some several dozen pedabytes of storage and building out a 10gig replication network between two states. I specialize in business continuity and disaster recovery.

My first computer was a Commodore Vic20. I ran a 32 line BBS. I helped build the Internet. I programmed mods in Assembly code. I worked at both the Air Force Academy on a rocket science book and proofing code at NORAD.

I've built several data centers, recovered data systems in several disasters including one of the most devastating on data in the history of information technology.

I have built my latest gaming rig connected into my DLP TV just for Diablo 3. I don't play hardly any FPS games, though I suspect the Fallout series counts. I played through all of Dead Space back to back. Truth is, as much as I love gaming, I am pretty bad at it, and that's ok. I logged 265 hours in Final Fantasy XIII and 209 in Skyrim. I'm an RPG girl.

I have a huge Anime collection, preferring the ones that eat your soul. I was the only person to recognize a Light cosplay at the Denver ComiCon last year, and NO ONE recognized my cosplay character from Doctor Who... even though it was a dead ringer for Jenny. I went to the SD ComiCon 5 years straight before it got too big, I've been to DragonCon and Denver ComiCon 2 years running, and now get to go this year.

And finally, I read quantum mechanic books for fun.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I wear glasses and I'm sooo random! I WANT 2 MARRY DOCTOR WHO AND HARRY POTTER. I love video games, too! THE SIMS Y'ALL.
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    i think a lot of people are confusing geek with nerd here.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    MUD programming, way back in the day.