Let Your Geek Flag Fly

Options

Replies

• _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Ive got the Jedi symbol tattooed on my arm with my daughters names in aurebesh around the outside!
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I read comics and play my ps4 whilst riding my exercise bike :)
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Forgot something. My current profile pic theme is "lesser-known cartoon characters". This is Day 6 and the previous 5 are in the first row on my profile pics. Go take a look and see whether you can name them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me recently that the geekiest thing about me is that I don't know I'm a geek. (I'm really not. I don't even know what half of the posts in this thread are about)
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I celebrate Pi Day at work on 3-14 but I work with a lot of geeks too.
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Forgot something. My current profile pic theme is "lesser-known cartoon characters". This is Day 6 and the previous 5 are in the first row on my profile pics. Go take a look and see whether you can name them.

The current one is Eek! the cat - one of my favorites back when it was on. I will go look at the others later, when I'm not wasting time I should be using to get dressed and out the door... :drinker:
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have more dice than friends. I have an entire room (in process of building a larger one that will be Rohan themed)for boardgames as well as currently running a Warhammer Fantasy RPG and GMing for Edge of the Empire. :bigsmile:
  • 1nsomniac13
    1nsomniac13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am a rather proud geek. Love my video games (though i don't have the time for them i once did), been a GameMaster for 15 years, running Shadowrun, 7th Sea, CthulhuTech and All Flesh must Be Eaten. I write science fiction and am a total sci-fi freak. I run the local convention circuit. Love tabletop wargames (WarMachine is my game of choice presently). My board game colelction is constantly expanding and I've begun corrupting my kids with games most people have never heard of.

Odds are, if it's considered a geeky hobby and I don't already participate, odds are you could persuade me. ;)
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I listen to NPR and CBC podcasts while I work out
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've played my share of WoD and Warhammer. Love video games.I'm crazy about: anime, Westerns, Kung Fu movies, K-Drama, documentaries,foreign films, and Sci fi. If the movie/show has: Simon Pegg (esp teamed up with Nick Frost), Stephen Chow,Bruce Lee,Harrison Ford, Jet Li in it I will definitely watch it. I would say I love Doctor Who,but seriously,shouldn't everyone? I am always willing to share my Xanth series, or any of the 300-ish books I own (in hard copy) including manga. I love Star Wars. I love Legend of Zelda. I still own,and use, a VCR because I can't let it go :laugh:. I love to learn strange facts or statistics.Whenever my s.o. finds a spider in the house,he asks me to identify it, and I can. I love learning about reptiles, fish, and space. I'm really into Science. I'm obsessed with martial arts -both traditional and modern- and have trained since I was 12. Friends, family, and people who have known me for less than a month have all been known to refer to me as: geek, weird, nerd, and space cadet. My s.o. and family often make fun of the way I speak because it's "too proper" for casual conversation. I am -unintentionally-analytical about everything. I'm pretty introverted. On second though, I am probably more of a nerd than a geek, but I want to play too! haha
  • littlecely
    littlecely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My University wanted to get rid of readers they used because they were transitioning into "proper" textbooks and online material. So they announced that students had a limited time to visit the library and pick up any copies of readers they were interested in. (I went to a small Uni in Prague).

Anyway, I arrived to the library a few days before the deadline thinking I would chose one or two, or at most five... I left with an over flowing bag and an armful of a total of 15 readers and I would have taken more but it was impossible. I looked at the librarian and said, "I must look like a total nerd right now." But as a friend and fellow nerd he replied, "Nah, you chose some good ones."

I guess being friends with librarians are also some nerd points right there...
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've played my share of WoD and Warhammer. Love video games.I'm crazy about: anime, Westerns, Kung Fu movies, K-Drama, documentaries,foreign films, and Sci fi. If the movie/show has: Simon Pegg (esp teamed up with Nick Frost), Stephen Chow,Bruce Lee,Harrison Ford, Jet Li in it I will definitely watch it. I would say I love Doctor Who,but seriously,shouldn't everyone? I am always willing to share my Xanth series, or any of the 300-ish books I own (in hard copy) including manga. I love Star Wars. I love Legend of Zelda. I still own,and use, a VCR because I can't let it go :laugh:. I love to learn strange facts or statistics.Whenever my s.o. finds a spider in the house,he asks me to identify it, and I can. I love learning about reptiles, fish, and space. I'm really into Science. I'm obsessed with martial arts -both traditional and modern- and have trained since I was 12. Friends, family, and people who have known me for less than a month have all been known to refer to me as: geek, weird, nerd, and space cadet. My s.o. and family often make fun of the way I speak because it's "too proper" for casual conversation. I am -unintentionally-analytical about everything. I'm pretty introverted. On second though, I am probably more of a nerd than a geek, but I want to play too! haha

I'm pretty sure I'm more of a nerd than a geek, too, but I never let it stop me, lol.

Also, there is no such thing as "too proper" - the current corporate buzzword is "strong communication skills" lol... Though as someone who, in a former career, has been paid large sums of money to make it appear that my coworkers actually have said communication skills, I know how rare that actually is. :laugh:

(Even if my own fully-developed linguistic and orthographic skills are heavily laced with newsroom-honed invective these days.)
  • jeardawg
    jeardawg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Its almost scary.
    First full book I ever read……Dragons of Autumn twilight.

I love Star Wars all 6 movies, all the novels and every video game and animated spinoff ever.
    I met my wife on EQ /sigh
    Every member of my wedding party is someone I rolled bones with from across a tabletop
    I have played so many MMOs they could not easily be counted. Currently playing shadowrun returns (not bad) <---Not MMO, but good rpg
    Comic books….yep tons
    Books…..My book collection could easily fill a used book store, all sci fi and fantasy.
    Working my way through the black library at the moment.
    George RR Martin for President
    I have a deviant art favorites account with almost 900 pages. All sci fi, fantasy and comics.
    I don’t watch tv often, but when I do watch tv its space/sci-fi
    And the list goes on and on.

Oh and I am passing it on to the next generation, 3 kids all learning the way of the geek from me…
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    i think a lot of people are confusing geek with nerd here.

Guilty as charged!

Reading through the rest of the answers, I'm just clueless about 99.9% of it. I have seen like three episodes of Doctor Who and most of the Harry Potter movies. Definitely not geeky whatsoever.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    programmer, whovian, fannibal, WoW (for the Alliance!)

and cats. meow
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    i think a lot of people are confusing geek with nerd here.

Well, the OP did ask "What is the nerdiest/dweebiest/geekiest thing about you?" It was not limited to geeks.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    MST3K ( :heart: Tom Servo) and The Spoony One

Rowsdower saves us, and saves all the world.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I spent all day dreaming about cosplays I'll do when I reach my goal weight