40lbs v Sugar!!

Options

Replies

• Size8Susie
    Options
    Well its quite obvious that there will be 'some' sugar in my diet didn't realise this would be so controversial and what about the book 'Sweet Poison Plan' by David Gillespie?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Why have you made this topic so many times? I now don't like you.

wow panties in a bunch...

To the OP don't...it's just silly why cut out sugar...nom nom..
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Well its quite obvious that there will be 'some' sugar in my diet didn't realise this would be so controversial and what about the book 'Sweet Poison Plan' by David Gillespie?

any diet that says give up something other than calories is well...stupid...are you always going to live low sugar...????

even diabetics eat fruit I mean really...
  • Size8Susie
    Options
    SIze8Suzie, people get their panties in a bunch when someone posts a topic twice or posts a topic that has been posted before. They love calling people out on their shortsightedness. I just find it amazing that it takes even more effort for them to post a caustic comment as it would to post something helpful.

Once I did cut out all refined sugar from my diet. It was not easy and in fact the worst part was the horrible attitude I had. The other thing is this, if you are not going to sustain this (and it does take constant effort) you will be right back where you started in a relatively short amount of time. I believe in being sensible and using moderation and common sense.

I hope that the rest of the people who respond will have something helpful for you. They may have answered this question 5,000 times, but it's the first time you are asking it.

I wish you luck on your journey.

FINALLY, a decent human being with a sensible comment, thank you SO much (and I'm not saying that sarcastically) I really really appreciate it :-)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Well, I had to ask, since based on your first post I wasn't entirely sure that you realized that by cutting out processed sugar and fruit that you would still be ingesting sugar from other foods.

Now, what about that book, and who is this guy?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I like to have a chocolate bar once in a while and I like my fruit daily so no thank you (I could never sustain that anyway)

Would suggest just logging your food properly and figure out what works for you. Totally cutting out something that you like won't work forever so learn to include it and enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    so you are not eating any carbs too then, right?

why are you doing this?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Hey, welcome to MFP, personally I think low sugar would be better than no sugar. Fruit is a different type of sugar, fruit is natural sugar and is a lot better for you. My Mum is diabetic and her nutritionist says fruit is very safe. I know people who look great and are on low sugar diets, however they also end up binging on high sugar foods at least half a week. For me personally, I just try to choose healthier options and work out a lot. Good luck with your journey.

ummm no …fruit sugar and added sugar are pretty much the same and your body does not distinguish between the two...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    SIze8Suzie, people get their panties in a bunch when someone posts a topic twice or posts a topic that has been posted before. They love calling people out on their shortsightedness. I just find it amazing that it takes even more effort for them to post a caustic comment as it would to post something helpful.

Once I did cut out all refined sugar from my diet. It was not easy and in fact the worst part was the horrible attitude I had. The other thing is this, if you are not going to sustain this (and it does take constant effort) you will be right back where you started in a relatively short amount of time. I believe in being sensible and using moderation and common sense.

I hope that the rest of the people who respond will have something helpful for you. They may have answered this question 5,000 times, but it's the first time you are asking it.

FINALLY, a decent human being with a sensible comment, thank you SO much (and I'm not saying that sarcastically) I really really appreciate it :-)

so sensible is anyone who agrees with you….

rude and hurtful is anyone questioning the lunacy of removing all sugar from your diet..

got it...
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    OP, good luck to you on your gurney! :drinker:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My dad has been a diabetic almost my whole life. Sugar is sugar to him whether it comes from a candy bar or an apple. He has to watch his fruit intake just as much as any other sugar-laden food.

As for the OP, why not try eating moderately? Just eat what you want in moderation? Log your calories and your exercise, make sure you are ingesting less calories than you are burning and you will lose.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Unless your retirement plan portfolio is heavily tied up in sugar cane stock, why does it matter to you if the OP wants to cut sugar?
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    so you are not eating any carbs too then, right?

why are you doing this?

She's probably doing just to annoy you - hell I would. lol:laugh:
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

Hey, I am a decent human being and I did give a sensible comment based on your OP. Seriously as you wrote "all sugar including fruit" the question is, what do you intend to eat? I honestly don't think that approach is sustainable and it could end up making you quite ill. It would be irresponsible for anyone on the basis of what you wrote to say "hey, go for it".
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Unless your retirement plan portfolio is heavily tied up in sugar cane stock, why does it matter to you if the OP wants to cut sugar?

because why let someone go down that path when they don't have to????
    My dad has been a diabetic almost my whole life. Sugar is sugar to him whether it comes from a candy bar or an apple. He has to watch his fruit intake just as much as any other sugar-laden food.

Yes I've watched my brother from the age of 6 be a diabetic but they don't give up fruit...they watch their sugar yes but they don't cut it out totally...
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Yes I've watched my brother from the age of 6 be a diabetic but they don't give up fruit...they watch their sugar yes but they don't cut it out totally...

But the OP is an adult and has freedom of choice. If she likes fruit and other sugary products - she clearly knows the sacrifice she is entering into.

After all if she is looking to do this short term there will be no health issues to it. And I would hazard a guess if she did see the health benefits she would at some stage introduce veggies for the carb and micro nutrient then long term it would be a healthy diet .

If she is still happy with the sacrifice of not (or limited as she would have introduced veggies) eating added sugar and fruit and feels comfortable paying that price - how does that affect your life?
  • SezxyStef
    Options

But the OP is an adult and has freedom of choice. If she likes fruit and other sugary products - she clearly knows the sacrifice she is entering into.

After all if she is looking to do this short term there will be no health issues to it. And I would hazard a guess if she did see the health benefits she would at some stage introduce veggies for the carb and micro nutrient then long term it would be a healthy diet .

If she is still happy with the sacrifice of not (or limited as she would have introduced veggies) eating added sugar and fruit and feels comfortable paying that price - how does that affect your life?

So out of the 15-20 odd people who said no it's not necessary you decided it was me today...okay good. I have big shoulders I can deal.

Your right it doesn't affect my life at all...I don't care if she does or doesn't. I just gave an opinion.

Now the quesiton is why do you care if I said don't it's silly...how does that affect your life? After all freedom of speach and open forums on the internet, the fact I am an adult means I can pretty much give my opinion as much as I want...

Now you get your panties out of a bunch too...here have a cookie.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

So out of the 15-20 odd people who said no it's not necessary you decided it was me today...okay good. I have big shoulders I can deal.

Your right it doesn't affect my life at all...I don't care if she does or doesn't. I just gave an opinion.

Now the quesiton is why do you care if I said don't it's silly...how does that affect your life? After all freedom of speach and open forums on the internet, the fact I am an adult means I can pretty much give my opinion as much as I want...

Now you get your panties out of a bunch too...here have a cookie.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

43553-Maurice-Moss-It-Crowd-Nevermin-JVtb.gif
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Not come across this guy but there are quite a few sugar alarmists around. It seem to be the current fashion.
    They seem to share the same characteristics of cherry picking data and leaping to frankly absurd conclusions while ignoring any data that refutes their theory.

This is worth a read if you are interested in the counter argument:
    http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/

You really don't have to eliminate whole groups of food to successfully lose weight or be healthy.
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    LOL, got some real cranky pants on here today! sugar is sugar but the nutrients that come in an apply vs apple sauce vs apple juice vs apple jelly is different as is the fiber content and the mechanism of action how the body digests the product. if you were to just go a week with out simple, concentrated sugars and complex (whole fruits) sugars to get clean that would likely be a good thing. Then adding fruit back into your diet will seem a real treat. there are so many ways to get sugar in your system, a green pepper is much lower in sugar than a yellow or red pepper. I wish you the very best. you have to live with yourself, don't set yourself us to fail.