Is it ok to have no ink in today's society?

Options
123457»

Replies

• RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    I think this relates to the person, it all reflects on you and what you feel comfortable with. I show my tattoos off because of 1. my weight loss and 2. because they are always a conversation starter with people. My fiancée doesn't because they are for her and me.
    As someone relatively heavily tattooed if you don't have tattoos it won't stop me talking to you, just like me having tattoos shouldn't stop you talking to me. We're in the 21st century now, its time we moved a bit further on from judging people on they physical appearance.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    No tattoos no piercings (not even my ears). Just never got around to it. Meh. I'm 32, why ruin the streak?
  • DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Filthy animals.
  • flannery2012
    flannery2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wish I could remember which comedian said this...
    "That cute little dolphin tattoo on a young girl will turn into a Beluga whale when she gets old".
    Reason enough for me ????
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I am ink free. As a musician, it is quite unusual to have no tattoos. Personally, I like them on other people, but not on me. That's ok though, to each their own and no judgment for anybody!
  • ptaradactyl88
    ptaradactyl88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It is fine to have or have not ink. It is not fine to give a crap what society thinks. Screw 'em, it's your body!
  • focusedfitness123
    focusedfitness123 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    No ink. Never wanted it.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Try having no ink and NO piercings, not even my ears. :embarassed:
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I think it can be great or awful. Does it mean something personal to you? I have personally never found something I wanted to put on my body that I knew I would never outgrow. So I am a blank canvas.

I say to each their own.
  • EternalDecadence
    EternalDecadence Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I am a blank canvas, but I am too indecisive, and a wimp with needles.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'm scared to admit it because I'm afraid of being judged.

lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.

....^This line has officially changed my life. Thank you.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you, you.

I am naked of tattoos other than for medical reasons.

My brother is a tattoo artist and literally completely cover from head to toe.

Although he gets some weird looks in the retirement town he lives in, we literally get treated the same by society because we are out true selves.