I'm Bulletproof

Options

Replies

• Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone have to make things so much more difficult then they have to be....

I tried counting calories with more mainstream macros and I personally found it harder. I just find that carbs make me crave more carbs whereas I just generally feel satisfied on a low carb diet. That's not to say I never want a pizza, but I don't read recipes books like novels like I did when I was trying to limit calories while still eating a mainstream macro distribution.

Whatever works for an individual is what works for them. I certainly don't advocate my choice to others, I have no idea if it would work for them, but it works for me and does so with a lot less stress and cravings than eating moderate carbs.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone have to make things so much more difficult then they have to be....
    This. It's awesome that you're seeing results, and that it's making you happy. But it sure seems like an awful lot of work.
  • BenPVolk
    BenPVolk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I could understand turning vegetarian over a high cholesterol issue, but what does high cholesterol have to do with animal rights ( vegan )? Or maybe you just thought vegan was a hip term for vegetarian, it's not just fyi. Vegetarians eat many foods a vegan would never touch like milk, cheese, yogurt, other dairy products, eggs, jello, honey, and even fish/shellfish. Veganism also extends well beyond food so they don't use any animal products or byproducts such as leather, which obviously doesn't contribute to high cholesterol.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

Cliff notes?

Step 1: Put butter In your coffee
    Step 2: Drink Coffee
    Step 3: ??????
    Step 4: PROFIT!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I have done this for 2 weeks

:laugh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    In to get bashed, too, I guess...LOL!

I do intermittent fasting, as well. I have an eating window of 10 hours, from 11 am to 9 pm, with (usually) only coffee with almond/coconut milk between 5 am and 11 am. It's been working for me for over a year, now. :)

And I eat 2600 cals/day to maintain, so I'm still eating all the food I want, without ANY limitations. Why bash what's working for someone? Do what works for you and let others do what works for them.

OP: Best of luck!

Your diet is sustainable.

OP's is not.

That's why I laughed at the fact that she's been on it for two weeks. That's an insignificant amount of time. She won't be on this diet in 2 years, let alone 20. Can you imagine eating this way for 20 years?
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Not everyone but I seriously wonder if it's not a self punishment for gaining weight as some sub-consious level...no joke...
    I think you're on to something here!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Sound like you like to try gimmicks and you are all over the board - from vegan to master cleanse to bulletproof coffee.
    Good luck with it. It's "in", uses exclusive terminology, and requires complex restrictions. What's not to like?

I like coffee with nothing in it. So I'll pass. (And yes, I've tried it. Not to my taste.)

Can you come back in two years and let us how it's going?
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are feeling better and feel like this is working well for you... But only 2 weeks in so far (unless I read wrong; at work and don't have time to re-read, sorry).

I am curious to see how you are doing in a few more months, both health and "diet" wise.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Do all vegans have trouble with reading comprehension?

Nah, plus that poster considers herself plant-based, not vegan. :tongue:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee with flavored creamers too much. I don't really like butter so I cannot imagine butter in my coffee. I like to cook/bake with coconut oil but, again, not in my coffee.

My coffee means a lot to me. I may be one of those coffee snobs you mentioned.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    In to get bashed, too, I guess...LOL!

I do intermittent fasting, as well. I have an eating window of 10 hours, from 11 am to 9 pm, with (usually) only coffee with almond/coconut milk between 5 am and 11 am. It's been working for me for over a year, now. :)

And I eat 2600 cals/day to maintain, so I'm still eating all the food I want, without ANY limitations. Why bash what's working for someone? Do what works for you and let others do what works for them.

OP: Best of luck!

Why are you on the defensive? There has not been one post in this thread that has been bashing the OP.

agreed...no one has bashed anyone...well except for the person who posted the post in the original quote.

Reread the OP's first line and you'll get the joke...hence the "LOL" part of my first line.

Or maybe you won't...I'm not for everyone. And that's okay. The good people on my FL get me, and that's really all that matters to me on this site.

I :heart: all y'all, regardless.
  • Chemburly12
    Options
    Or you can just eat whatever you want while watching your calorie intake and lose 2 lbs a weeks, aka the same amount you lost.

But hey, whatever works.

+1

+2

+3

+4
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    not vegan nor vegetarian
    just eat plant heavy

and you all are right

I have a brain injury and the post was too long and I got it twisted lol

and no I wont be kind or helpful when i feel i am being fed a load of BS

I cant understand the point is the buttered coffee what makes one bullet proof?

I dont get this?

It was a long post. I don't know that the OP was demanding that anyone should do it. If you are successful and happy with a plant based diet, I don't think the OP would ask you to change that. I'm not OP, though. I can't really speak for them.

As for the bulletproof term, that's just a trademark of some guy who started the whole thing. I don't get the need for the terminology either. His system is also pretty complex and rigid. I actually eat in a similar manner, but I just mind my macros. I don't go to extremes. If I can fit a food into my macro goals, I'll eat it.

The butter and coconut oil in the coffee is weird. I know it's weird. I do it mainly to help me reach my calorie goal without going over my other macros (since the fat macro is the hardest for me to reach). The idea scared me and disgusted me at first. But, I have found that when you blend the mixture (don't just mix it... really whip and blend it) it comes out like a frothy latte. I add some sugar-free flavored syrups and it's like a drink I'd buy from {a large chain of well known expensive coffee shops}.

You won't find me preaching to others about eating the way I do. I know most people wouldn't enjoy how I eat or find it sustainable. I do enjoy it, but I've always been a little weird. I think OP is just a little excited about it. I agree that two weeks is a little soon to claim it's the best thing ever.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fairly expensive and repulsive food choices but hell, if you're happy. I'm happy.