the worst waste of calories you've eaten?

Options
flow2512
flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
My friend brought me a small cadbury's egg, that came with a spoon, you unwrap it, bite the top off and are supposed to spoon the creamy filling out, it was 200 calories and it was ate in seconds ! It was the worst waste of calories I've had, needless to say I will not be having another one.

What have you eaten so quick and high calorie, that you won't eat again ?

Replies

• Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    Cadbury Creme eggs, nearly 200 calories, WORTH EVERY CALORIE.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    My friend brought me a small cadbury's egg, that came with a spoon, you unwrap it, bite the top off and are supposed to spoon the creamy filling out, it was 200 calories and it was ate in seconds ! It was the worst waste of calories I've had, needless to say I will not be having another one.

What have you eaten so quick and high calorie, that you won't eat again ?

If you enjoyed it, why is it a waste of calories. If there's something you want to eat, fit it into your day. There's always a way to make room in your calorie goal for a special treat if you want one. Take the time to savor each bite and enjoy it, to make the calories seem more worth it.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.

Now, Cookie Dough Oreos may sound like a good idea, but no... just no.. and I have no qualms about spitting something out when it isn't worth the kcals.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 fun dips = 100 calories or so

It's powder! *Poof! But I love it :-)
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If you enjoyed it, why is it a waste of calories. If there's something you want to eat, fit it into your day. There's always a way to make room in your calorie goal for a special treat if you want one. Take the time to savor each bite and enjoy it, to make the calories seem more worth it.

Listen to this lady - nailed it!
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Portion of McDonalds fries - i could not believe they were 500+ for a tasteless carton of chips - real waste of cals.
  • nictheman
    nictheman Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Creme Eggs are amazing and you should never regret them :3

Pop Tarts are a huge waste of calories. I also have muffins/cupcakes and find that they're 400Cal (or more!) that don't fill me up at all!!!
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Stupid fluffy umbrella drink at some resort. 400 calories for some grapefruit-cherry-pineapple-gross headache machine. Ugh.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

150 Calories.............and still worth it

ETA : the s in calories
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    usually restaurant food for me, packed in calories and not filling or really tasty at all :noway:
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A waste of calories for me is eating a cookie or two when there was cake available :grumble:

Anything Cadbury is never a waste..especially Mini Eggs!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I splurged 1100 calories for a pasta dish at O'Charleys once...so disappointed. :( I ate it anyway because I was HUNGRY! But I'll never order it again!
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The only time I feel like I have "wasted" calories is when I consume a bunch of sugary high-cal alcoholic drinks but don't actually get drunk (my body metabolizes alcohol suuuuper fast). I always end up wishing I had just drunk a beer or two and scarfed down a cheesecake instead of drinking stuff that tastes bad and doesn't have the desired intoxication effect.

As for food... never regretted it, never will. Top points for consumption in single setting go to the pints of ice cream that I occasionally eat when it is 8pm and I have like 1500 calories remaining in my diet (i.e. after 2-a-days)
  • Marissaltr
    Options
    In N Out Burger. There is only one near me. Its about an hour drive. I happened to be near there for a festival and stopped because of all the hype. I haven't had fast food or burgers in many months. It was horrible. The pain for the next two day was horrible too. Never again!
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Creme Eggs are amazing and you should never regret them :3

Pop Tarts are a huge waste of calories. I also have muffins/cupcakes and find that they're 400Cal (or more!) that don't fill me up at all!!!

This wasn't a cream egg, this was a new type of egg that came in an egg box, but my friend brought it for me, I enjoyed it, but would rather spend the calories it was on something else that lasts a bit longer.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    this pizza place near me has a stromboli on the menue with a bunch of italian meats in it, so I asked the waitress if they could make me a hawaiian one (ham, pineapple, and sometimes bacon) and she said sure. It comes out and they had put all the normal italian meats in there and just added pineapple. I ate it because I don't like to be a jerk and return food. That is how I found out that pepperoni and pineapple really don't taste very well together. And it ended up being like 600 calories more than the version I wanted.
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Worst in recent memory was stopping at the local Indian buffet after my cardio day (on Tuesday) and not keeping accurate track of what I ate. The food was good, but MFP tells me it was 1500 Calories a plate!

So, not really a waste of calories; more of a logging fail.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Eat slower then :D. I can make treats, especially chocolate last for a looooong time, my bf thinks I'm crazy lol. Takes me like 20 mins to eat a quest bar!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    A whole packet of Twinkies - a long long time ago. I felt so sick for two days that I vowed never to look at them again - and I haven't!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Any of those regular chocolate bars at the grocery store... I live for 90% Lindt and anything else is CRAP, but every once in a while I give it another try, then regret the AWFUL flavour and sore throat that go with cheap chocolate.