the worst waste of calories you've eaten?

Options

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Creme eggs, nearly 200 calories, WORTH EVERY CALORIE.

I don't always eat Cadbury Creme Eggs, but when I do.....
    I ENJOY EVERY BIT OF IT!

:heart: Cadbury creme eggs.... i can promise there will be some eaten by this chick this Easter
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Baked goods that are dry.

Chocolate baked goods that are brown and do not taste like chocolate. EVIL!
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    This is only a waste of calories because I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would (or maybe it's a remembered how I used to enjoy it and now don't) - Dunkin' Donuts Donut. I can't even remember the flavor because it was that uneventful.
  • ywalchle
    ywalchle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    the amaretto sours I had for my birthday, totally felt nothing after three, and hardly tasted any alcohol in them period! Should have just bought a bottle of it to make my own!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    birthday oreos- same boat- what a waste- I ate them and hated them.
    So gross.

NOOOO these are amazing!! But I love birthday cake flavored anything :x lol. I recently discovered birthday cake m&ms, yummy.

But in terms of a waste of calories....definitely chili cheese fries from Checkers. What a soggy mess just floating in grease.
  • goldfish04
    Options
    I know, it's totally amazing, right? When you don't eat certain things for a while, your body realizes how terrible they are for you and you really feel it!
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    There is this famed bakery in MA called Konditor Meister that people go on an on about. I mean this place quotes $4000 for a wedding cake.

I ordered over the phone, picked it up, and it was absolutely beautiful! I couldn't have been happier. Covered in big chocolate covered strawberries and whipped butter cream frosting. I served it to a group of 12 guests in honor of my BF's birthday at our home. The look of disappointment and betrayal on peoples faces as they bit into the glorious cake! The cake was dry as a bone and frosting heavy and bland. Probably around 500 cals for a slice. It was all flash no substance :sad:
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I know, it's totally amazing, right? When you don't eat certain things for a while, your body realizes how terrible they are for you and you really feel it!

THIS! before i took on calorie counting, i was eating healthier for a while then one day i had no choice but to go to Wendy's. Wendy's has always been my grease of choice, so to speak lol. i ate it, and it tasted fine. but before i even left the place my stomach felt i just ate a bunch of glue! i felt so sick X-X
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I once had a cranberry and white chocolate cookie that was really tasteless. After I'd eaten it I found out it had over 300 calories. I was gutted and REALLY wished I hadn't bothered but it was too late! I've had similar cookies previously and enjoyed every mouthful but not that time!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

What have you eaten so quick and high calorie, that you won't eat again ?

Anything I eat while distracted/ in front of a screen! :/

Really need to break that habit.
  • 1200 calories of cheese pizza and wine... :( I logged 7 miles so it helped a bit but man what a waste of calories :embarassed:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Actually, no.

When I don't eat certain things for a while, it's usually because I've found a tastier replacement - nothing to do with being 'better' for me. No surprise that Pop Tarts seem tastier in college when I'm limited to an (illegal) toaster and a microwave, but nearly so appealing when I have a homemade chocolate stout cake (Hubert Keller's recipe) sitting at home. Plus chocolate banana bread, pumpkin bread, Ina Garten's old-fashioned banana cake (w/ cream cheese icing), and banoffee scones. That doesn't even count the 4-5 flavors of ice cream. All waiting in the freezer for me to pick out a nice treat.

No. Contest.
  • havenrainangel
    havenrainangel Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Any alcoholic drink...one is not enough to be worth it, and 5 is too many for a whole days worth of calories.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Twinkies, absolutely, I hadn't had one in 15 years or more and thought I loved them. I took one bite and threw the rest out. Damn, those things are gross.

I'll also second grocery-store birthday cake. Dry, weird-flavored cake between too-thick layers of vegetable shortening whipped with sugar. Just thinking about it sets my teeth on edge.

I was very sad that I did not enjoy my 5 Guys burger, too. I allow myself one burger a month, and that was a complete waste. I ate it because I was hungry, but then I just wanted to go to In-n-Out or the local good burger place to make up for my wasted treat.
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Biggest waste I've had recently was some crap delivery chinese food. I wasn't in my usual area so kind of chose one at random... crap load of cals and not very tasty, and only fleetingly filling. I was especially pissed the next night when I ordered pizza which was amazing... wish I would have gotten it both nights....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah... pizza hut pizza. It's seriously greasy, salt bomb, and nasty.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    If you enjoyed it, why is it a waste of calories. If there's something you want to eat, fit it into your day. There's always a way to make room in your calorie goal for a special treat if you want one. Take the time to savor each bite and enjoy it, to make the calories seem more worth it.

^ This. Too many people are answering with "..*insert food*... But I just love it!"
    *facepalm*

I think OP means choking down your dad's hotdish out of politeness, even though it was partially uncooked, chunky and the peas were still frozen from the freezer. Or going to a bakery, getting a huge piece of cake only to discover it tastes like cardboard. Or having a great satisfying meal, only your friend has a craving for a big dessert afterward, so you oblige to get some with her even thought you weren't actually craving it (for once!).
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Eating 250g of branflakes, dry, when I could have, for the same calories, almost had a pint of ice cream, or cake, or chocolate, or heck, even a thin based pizza. Even a large bowl of oatmeal would have been far preferable.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Lattes or cappuchinos - 1200+ kilojoules for a shot of coffee in a cup of frothy milk and Godiva chocolates - very dissappointed.

I have no problem with not eating food I don't like, even if the person who made it is there or it cost me a bomb. I will do it discreetly though :ohwell:
  • Daisyisacat
    Options
    They don't taste very good - should have gone for a Cadbury creme egg. A classic.