the worst waste of calories you've eaten?

Options

Replies

• Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Batchelor's Supanoodles...tastes of chicken stock cube and cardboard, leaves you hungry an hour later and over 500 cals. WINNER

Ok, so the serving size is 1/2 a pack, but who the heck eats half a packet of instant noodles? It wouldn't fit a teacup

Creme eggs though, so worth it. They are in season you know, and should be as cherished as asparagus :tongue:
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Nothing is a waste of calories if its delicious and fits into my day. :wink:
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Any baked good from Whole Foods (their bakery). Cardboard.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Health-wise and calorie-wise as well when I ate a pound of Nutella in one day. Just remembering it makes me wanna puke.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Depends on the Whole Foods. The one here has a French chef and everything is absolutely delicious.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options

- Alcohol (bleeeeeh, never been a fan)
    Alcohol is NEVER a waste of calories

QFT

^This. Neither is cheese.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Depends on the Whole Foods. The one here has a French chef and everything is absolutely delicious.

You are very lucky. There are three near me, all equally lousy. And I love Whole Foods, just not their bakery stuff.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Chicken Nugget Burger from Burger King. Website said 500 cals, pdf said 380ish. It wasn't even nice! Too dry, greasy, not chicken tasting, with LOADS of mayo. On the other hand the burger I also ate was totally worth it.
  • dhouse6167
    Options
    Kraft Mac n' cheese!!!! 400 calories for A THIRD of a CUP
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Had some passable cake the other day. I usually skip commercial frosting because it generally tastes and feels like sugarfat, like shortening whipped into molten styrofoam and saturated with over-sweet. Don't know why I took my coworker's word for it on this frosting. Same crappy stuff. At least 150 extra calories of nastiness I could have had in unadulterated cake.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think this is what the OP is talking about, rather than a standard creme egg

Cadbury-Egg-and-Spoon.jpg

DSC08904.JPG
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Tesco sell some amazing jam doughnuts, shame they're just sugar and carbs!

The Lidl bakery ones are even better.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Captain D's fish and shrimp - not that tasty at all. just a waste of calories
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Angel wings, I just wanted to cry when I saw the calorie count
  • mrslyons13
    Options
    Had some dry, fried chicken strips last week. The fries that came with it were awesome..the chicken strips...DISGUSTING.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Bad wine! I drink far less now that I'm losing weight than I did before, but on Valentine's Day we went out and I ordered a glass of some red wine at the restaurant. If it hadn't cost $6, I wouldn't have drunk it-- it was yucky. I'm picky about wine so when I have it at home, it's a kind I've bought knowing I'll enjoy it.

To me, pretty much all candy, store-bought cookies, and other junk sweet things are a giant waste of calories. My co-workers always have candy free for the taking in little jars, and I never eat it-- I don't see the point of consuming a thing that's made up of sugar, dyes, and artificial flavoring. Blaah! Basically if I'm going to eat some high-cal sweet thing, I want it to be a delicious creation I baked myself, or some nice, dark chocolate.
  • Chuchiiee
    Chuchiiee Posts: 43
    Options
    Fried oreos.
    Two minutes to eat...
    About 800 calories ingested.
    -cry-
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    freaking frozen whip cream in a "shake". I thought I was doing good by having that instead of ice cream like my husband and after I ate it and went to log it I was horrified that it was more than what the ice cream would have been. now I just have the dam ice cream. I get a half cup for only 120 cals.
  • MikesGirl0692
    Options
    350 calories on an oatmeal cream cookie from our local deli. Delicious and I still stayed within my daily calorie limit, but I could have had a cup of cookie dough ice cream (my favorite treat) for that. So, not a total waste, but I could have made a "better choice". ;)
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I mean it was good but not 900 calories good! Could've had like 6 creme eggs!