the worst waste of calories you've eaten?

Replies

• l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    A slice of chocolate chocolate chip bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes. I swear. If I was stuck on a desert island and could only bring one item of food, I would bring one of their bundt cakes.
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    For me, I stay away from all Little Debbie brand snacks.

Frosted Honey Bun = 410 calories

I mean, think of how much other food I could eat instead.
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Tim Hortons RRRRRRRRooooooooooooolllllllllllllllll up the rim to win XL coffee w/ cream
    100 cals and a loser cup
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    alcohol, yet after a few drinks not so sure it is a waste. i'd still rather have some xanax, calorie free and no hangover.

I don't know about you but for me Xanax is not calorie free. Gives me the munchies big time.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    - 90% of store-bought cookies (excluding those from a bakery)
    - Cheese and crackers (I like them, but not that much and dang it the cheese calories add up)
    - Fruit juice (I actually hate OJ, but apple juice is good if it's freshly squeezed)
    - Alcohol (bleeeeeh, never been a fan)
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    A Quest peanut butter cup. Chalky at best. And for some reason I just kept eating it. I think I kept waiting for it to taste better...:ohwell:
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    The specialty Starbucks drinks. I'd rather eat those calories lol
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Worst in recent memory was stopping at the local Indian buffet after my cardio day (on Tuesday) and not keeping accurate track of what I ate. The food was good, but MFP tells me it was 1500 Calories a plate!

So, not really a waste of calories; more of a logging fail.

I know what you're saying here but my lord I can't imagine indian ever being a waste of calories, even if it was 3000 in a plate :) Indian food (at a restaurant, I make my own all the time and control the nutrition, the restaurant stuff is much fattier) is what I eat when I really want to treat myself (like once every few months).
  • katorihanzo
    But to answer the question, almost anything consumed in liquid form. Juice, alcohol, specialty sugary lattes/coffee beverages. I'd always rather eat my calories. The only exceptions I can think of are smoothies (filling, nutritious and not necessarily high cal) and white chocolate mochas from Starbucks (I wouldn't care if they were twice as many calories, I would still have one every week or so).
  • Alcohol. Ughh doesn't even taste good. Bad for brain. Liquid calories. Total waste! So glad I don't drink anymore at all.
  • hollymccall
    hollymccall Posts: 88 Member
    Home made pizza, TONIGHT!
    510 calories
    Im toatally guilt stricken y'all!
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    diet salad dressing sold in the aisle, BLECH.. too bitter.

diet soda pop (tastes like strong chemicals blech!)

fake chocolate

fat free mozzerella cheese (when melted it turns to rubber consistency) blech!

kale

some frozen tv dinner entres

frozen pizza (99% of them are nasty)

BLECH!

raw food restaurant meal i tried.. blech!
  • Krys052490
    Krys052490 Posts: 72 Member
    Chips. 160 cals. In the moment they are worth it but later on I get hungry and I realize it was a mistake.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    I got a south beach protein bar for free from our grocery store. The first bite was a waste but I kept eating. 180 calories.

Just ate a 300 calorie cupcake that was totally worth it though.
  • katorihanzo
    diet salad dressing sold in the aisle, BLECH.. too bitter.

diet soda pop (tastes like strong chemicals blech!)

fake chocolate

fat free mozzerella cheese (when melted it turns to rubber consistency) blech!

kale

some frozen tv dinner entres

frozen pizza (99% of them are nasty)

BLECH!

raw food restaurant meal i tried.. blech!

I agree with every single one of these except for kale (I love salty, melt-in-your-mouth kale chips). Fake chocolate is the absolute biggest disappointment and waste of calories, as is frozen pizza. I don't think I've ever had a good frozen pizza. But isn't diet soda pop calorie free? So it can't really be a waste of calories!
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Coco's new chocolate peanut butter pie. I have a huge weakness for chocolate/peanut butter and have been salivating over images of it for a while. I finally broke down and bought one - 990 calories/slice, if you can believe it! And boy was I disappointed...it wasn't "bad" but it was nothing to write home about, and if I'm going to blow that many calories on a slice of pie, I feel like I should be *raving* about how wonderful it is for days afterward.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    finishing your beer
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Tesco sell some amazing jam doughnuts, shame they're just sugar and carbs!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Cadbury Creme eggs, nearly 200 calories, WORTH EVERY CALORIE.

150 Calories.............and still worth it

ETA : the s in calories

I know everything is usually bigger in USA... However here in the uk our creme eggs are bigger! 180 CALS... Still totally worth it.

Ouch I am not from the USA.... Canada is where I am from....but now I want to move to the UK for jumbo Creme Eggs
  • smc0170
    smc0170 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight, and out of curiosity I looked up how many calories my old "go to" meal was...12 boneless wings with Parmesan Garlic sauce and a side of fries.

2700 CALORIES?!?

No wonder I put on so much weight...