the worst waste of calories you've eaten?

Options

Replies

• corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I ha Ben & Jerrys Half Baked Ice Cream the other day...... I was so dissapointed because I didnt even like it. Such a Waste. Should have gone with Americone Dream.
  • bnsnwldwmn
    Options
    A couple of times I've ordered something out that I normally like but just wasn't prepared well that day. I've actually said out loud, "What a waste of calories." If I'm going to eat something special like that, it better be good!
  • ABsolute85
    ABsolute85 Posts: 156
    Options
    The rolls at Texas Roadhouse...275 calories each when you add the cinnamon butter...
  • SuperTiredMom
    SuperTiredMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff Ice at over 200, or those stupid JJ's fruit pies! Over 400 calories for one!
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    Cadbury Creme eggs, nearly 200 calories, WORTH EVERY CALORIE.

150 Calories.............and still worth it

ETA : the s in calories

I know everything is usually bigger in USA... However here in the uk our creme eggs are bigger! 180 CALS... Still totally worth it.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i'll see a dessert and be like mmmm that's worth it, but after a bite in i realize it's not as great as it looked so i spit it out LOL i am not above spitting food out if i feel it's going to be a waste of calories.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Anytime beets are on the menu, it's a waste of calories for me. Bleck!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    OMG the 1300 calorie piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory yesterday. I felt so ashamed.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Creme eggs, nearly 200 calories, WORTH EVERY CALORIE.
    Absolutely.

Now, Cookie Dough Oreos may sound like a good idea, but no... just no.. and I have no qualms about spitting something out when it isn't worth the kcals.

birthday oreos- same boat- what a waste- I ate them and hated them.
    So gross.

The first (of three) birthday cake BF bought me- not delicious. I had a sad.

otherwise- not a waste- love me some calories!
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It was actually this week. I was super busy running errands which included the grocery store, so I hadn't eaten great all day. Trip to Costco included a pizza for the family. I was starving and running late, so I ate a piece. Later when I logged it and realized the calories sooooooo not worth it. That was a rare occasion for me so whatever.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Portion of McDonalds fries - i could not believe they were 500+ for a tasteless carton of chips - real waste of cals.

Anything from McDonald's, IMO. I'm not a fan and the youngest one wants to go there for his birthday tonight :sad:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Store bought sheet cake, the kind that appears at every work function, birthdays, etc. That shiz is NASTY, overly sweet and a huge waste of calories.
  • brittsway
    brittsway Posts: 12
    Options
    We went to Texas Roadhouse one night and couldn't believe the calorie/fat content of one little roll! They were not warm and didn't taste as great as I remember.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    The Cadbury eggs I buy don't come with a spoon and are 150 calories...but to me they are 100% worth every calorie, hehe. Those seem to be one of those things people either really love or can't stand :-)

For me one of the biggest wastes was this Dutch Apple pie my mom served to my husband and I. I can't remember the brand name, but it was a frozen pie you just bake in the oven and for 1/8 of the pie it was something like 400 calories. We were SO bummed. 400 calories could "buy" us a burger for me or fish sandwich for him...quality ice cream...so many delicious "worth it" treats!!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Anytime beets are on the menu, it's a waste of calories for me. Bleck!

:angry:

You stole my thunder...

For me, the broccoli rabe I had a couple weeks ago - hated it, but ate it anyway. That was certainly a waste of Calories, as I could have had real broccoli or asparagus.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Chicken fettucini alfredo. It was gross, but that was all there was and I was starving. it was a sad night
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    ooh I already answered but I have to add that milkshakes (any) are my #1 "will no longer consume" item purely because I drink them so fast I barely even taste it. I'm like a toddler just sucking it down ASAP and can't seem to sip a shake slowly so there is NO point in me ever having another...especially when the calories are insane. I'm better off with a 300-400 calorie mini Blizzard that I can savor every tiny bite!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    The rolls at Texas Roadhouse...275 calories each when you add the cinnamon butter...

^this! I thought it was some kind of misprint when I read that on their web site. As for those Cadbury eggs, yuck! But I am sorry that you didn't enjoy yours.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Two fried chicken wings from walmart. Between one and two hundred calories for each.
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well, Absinthe took up some calories yesterday, but it wasn't really a waste. ^_^