What's the point? Solitary Fat Woman.

Options
123457»

Replies

• katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Potentially the super serious ones don't beg for motivation because they've got it already. Maybe you're in the wrong forum and need to decide if you want to help those who are struggling and probably won't listen immediately, or if you want to be around the super serious ones who have enough motivation to read and research on their own.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This may have already been said but there is an old philosophy that if you want to succeed in a certain area of your life - you should surround and spend time with people who have succeed in an area. So in reality you may think you should find people who have accomplished and seek inspiration from them - of course the perspiration needs to be from you. If you wanted to learn to fly a plane would you grab other people who also "think" they want to fly a plane and just go out and do it? Why treat your health any differently - absolutely if you come across someone who you click with support each other through the journey but accept they may drift away - the people you know now and are supportive for you are not necessarily going to be the same people next week or next year.

Cold hard reality is that many of the people that join here will not follow through - they are on a different part of the journey - they just have different values, not wrong or "bad" or even good - just not the same. You will have different values to me and everyone else!

Also consider the quality of the answers will be equal to the quality of the question you ask. Use MFP or don't use MFP this is your choice. You will always find reasons why a given "tool" / "program" is not perfect - is MFP a perfect system hell no, is it a great resource that allows me to think about where I am heading on my journey to be healthier and fitter - absolutely.

Also there is a big difference between supporting someone on their journey and criticising or imposing my beliefs. I wish you best in everything you do - add me as friend or not, if you do expect support, and empathy but not sympathy.
  • octogirlpretty
    Options

So maybe you're not helping the original poster, but I'll bet for every grumpy OP who refuses to take the info seriously, there might be dozens of us lurkers taking note.

Could not have said this any better!
  • KimberDG9966
    KimberDG9966 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on us baby, don't make the wrong seem right
    The future isn't just for the night, it's written in the moonlight
    And painted on the stars, we can't change us.....

Don't give up on us baby, we're still worth one more try
    I know we put the last one by, just for the rainy evening
    When maybe stars are few, don't give up on us I know
    We can still come through

I nearly lost my head last night, you've got a right to stop believing
    There's still a little love left, even so

Don't give up on us baby, lord knows we've come this far
    Can't we stay the way we are, the angel and the dreamer
    Who sometimes plays a fool, don't give up on us I know

And painted on the stars, we can't change us
    Don't give up on us baby, we're still worth one more try
    I know we put the last one by, just for the rainy evening
    When maybe stars are few, Don't give up on us baby I know

Don't give up on us baby, don't give up on us baby

http://youtu.be/xLLsjlKWohU

One of my all time favorites... David Soul <sigh>
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options

So maybe you're not helping the original poster, but I'll bet for every grumpy OP who refuses to take the info seriously, there might be dozens of us lurkers taking note.

Could not have said this any better!

Things are better this week, and I just wanted to say that in light of all the responding I did this week, this is apparently my default state. LOL I guess I'm not run off too easily... Thanks everyone :)
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad things are better this week for you Q! It made my day reading your post. So glad your staying with MFP as well. I think this is an awesome site. I don't really read the topics that much...yours had caught my attention though. See you around the neighborhood girl! :wink: