We're all a little shallow...

Options
Ok we all want to feel better... Get healthier.. Live a healthier lifestyle... But let's be real for a minute. We also have that one or even a couple things motivating us. So what's yours?? Your most shallow reason? No judgement here!!
Want to know mine? I have to face my ex husband in court in 4 months. I hate the guy, he was abusive, physically and emotionally, controlling and a total loser... But my goodness, will it feel nice to flaunt my newly svelte figure in the courtroom as an added insult to the thousands of dollars he owes me and possible jail time. It will be a glorious day! Haha

Replies

• FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I just want to get toned, would make myself feel better. That is all.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I want all the soccer/dance moms to be jealous of my wife.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Going to Aruba in July for our 10 year anniversary.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    My most shallow reason....probably to look good for other people. In the end I am doing it because I enjoy being a big guy though I embarrass quickly if someone asks me to flex usually to the tune of a bright red color lol.
    I hope that court goes well and you can toss it in that guys face! Best of luck!
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I want to know what it feels like to have the perfect body. As close to perfection as possible. That's my ultimate goal. I don't know why, I quit trying to figure myself out a long time ago.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. I honestly can't think of it. Not even joking.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I just want to squat and feel my butt actually touch the ground. That and cute clothes.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My son bet me $1000 that I couldn't get down to a 21% BF by the end of April.
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    My son bet me $1000 that I couldn't get down to a 21% BF by the end of April.

That is some excellent motivation

Not being sarcastic
  • thewhitedragonfly
    Options
    I know that this is a pretty unhealthy one and that it has created problems before, but the fact remains: I want to be thinner than my ex. :grumble:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    To strut around in a bikini without a cover-up.

That's happening this year.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Health reasons aside, I don't want my daughter to have a fat mom and I never want her to be embarrassed of me.

And the most shallow of shallow reasons.....I have never been the girl that guys want....I want to be that girl that turns heads.
  • 1daylate1dollarshort
    Options
    Would like to appreciate my body in a bikini instead of whatever the heck it is I do now. It's not positive, that's for sure. I feel like I'll honestly be more confident and I personally will like what I see better.

And maybe impress my boyfriend with it because I've never exercised like this is my life. I hope he's impressed, honestly. About a decade and I'm still trying to impress him lol. Is that bad? He doesn't even care about the weight though.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    'Cause otherwise I'll look like the Stay Puft marshmallow man in my Powergirl costume.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I want to look good, I mean real good. I want everyone to come see how good I look.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call wanting to look good being shallow, but people do have different opinions. I just want to be back at my pre-baby weight. If that's shallow to some people, then I guess I'm a little shallow.

And now the word "shallow" sounds weird.

ETA, my first sentence wasn't a response to the post above me. It includes anybody's reason for wanting to lose weight.