We're all a little shallow...

Options

Replies

• Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    I want people to be jealous of my husband, instead of wondering what he's doing with me. I'm also friends with a lot of beautiful women that have never had a weight problem and I don't want to be "the fat one" in the group anymore.
    You're beautiful! Regardless of your weight, I'm sure plenty of women are jealous! Weight loss will just be a huge bonus!! I have the same issue with most of my friends... When my friend got her wedding photos back. I feel like I ruined them because I looked like a hippo. I love hippos... I just don't want to look like one!!!
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    to be the "hot engineering girl" in my classes :bigsmile:

Pretty sure you would already be a hot girl in any class. Engineering just makes it a larger differential.

Haha agreed!! One of my brothers is an engineer... He didn't have ANY girls in his classes in college!! HIGH FIVE girl! That's awesome!
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    So many amazing reasons in here......

I want to be that guy that both men and women look at and say "No way that dude is 50! He looks too good!"
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I feel like I ruined them because I looked like a hippo. I love hippos... I just don't want to look like one!!!

You know.. This one wise girl once said...
    You're beautiful! Regardless of your weight..

:flowerforyou:
  • AnxiousPenman
    AnxiousPenman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost the 70lbs, my sole motivation was being able to complete the entire 40-Mile Avon Breast Cancer Walk. It's funny though, once I got thin, a number of women that I'd known for years began seriously coming on to me ... and I remember it making me super mad, rather than proud.

I had a very "Screw you, ladies! If you didn't like me when I was fat, you don't get me when I'm fit." mentality.

Now I'm fat again and working on losing that same 70lbs again. My core motivation is just to re-train myself to be healthy.

My shallow motivation is so that my wife and I will have an easier time 'doing it' in places outside the house. Being big makes it more difficult to be spontaneous.
  • martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have so many I don't know where to start. First and foremost I want to look good naked. I'm very critical of myself and point out all my trouble spots. I would also like to think that it would stop men from cheating on me, deterring them from looking elsewhere for someone more attractive. I want to say it's all for me and to be a healthier person, but for someone to notice how good you look, whether you know them or not always feels great.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Probably my most shallow reason is wanting to look cute in younger styles of clothing. For example skinny jeans, ankle boots, hi/lo designs, and Southwest print tops without looking like it's MINE from 1993 when it was last in style...stuff like that. I am coming up on 40 in a few years and get a silly thrill from shopping the juniors section and adapting younger styles to my own...don't worry though, I have common sense. I'm not that 35+ woman in stripy stockings and a Nightmare Before Christmas onesie from Hot Topic ;-)
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    I feel like I ruined them because I looked like a hippo. I love hippos... I just don't want to look like one!!!

You know.. This one wise girl once said...
    You're beautiful! Regardless of your weight..

:flowerforyou:

Touche my friend! Touche! :-D
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    turn "HS she's skinny" into "HS she's strong"
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I am loving the Ex motivations! lol I am not going to lie, it will be fabulous to get a reaction from my ex.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I want to lift more than the other girl at the gym.

And I want to look like I work out with my clothes on.

looking good nekkid is good- but it's harder to look like you got it when you are just walking around. next level up and all.

oh- and maybe medal in a physique comp. that's be nice.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I had a very "Screw you, ladies! If you didn't like me when I was fat, you don't get me when I'm fit." mentality.

THIS!!! I have noticed a lot of guys in my office building are starting to take notice. Never in a MILLION years would I date someone that knew me fat, and then tried to date me at a healthier weight. Nope, no, no!
  • gwayby
    gwayby Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Meh, my 10 year high school reunion is coming up in June. I am still on the fence as to whether or not I'm going (I have very little desire to see 99% of the people there) but if I go, I'm going to look as good as or better than I did when I graduated.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My shallow reason; I want to look in the mirror and think daaaayum. Oh, and to be the hottest girlfriend my man has had.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I both have the same name. One friend would refer to her as the "little Amanda". And sure, this is because she weighs maybe 105 lbs, but it still bugs me. It's not why I'm trying to lose weight, but it's there.

I had a friend with the same name... she was teeny tiny but instead she was referred to as the "hot one"...... really made me feel like crap about myself. I feel your pain!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Shallow? I suppose...but I don't like the feeling that others feel superior to me, because they can manage their weight easier. I feel like weight, extra weight, puts an immediate judgement, other people make assumptions you are lazy, stupid, unmotivated, disorganized...and lack self control, and probably have a terrible social life. Those things may be true about thin people, but no one acts that way...there is a stigma in our society for fatness...weight discrimination is rampant, and accepted.

I am done with people thinking they are better than me.
  • FckUrExcuses
    Options
    Honestly i like working out because it gives me a great sense of accomplishment, and who wouldn't want to have a trimmed shredded body right? Just like in the animal kingdom the males have to flaunt thier looks to attract the mates ;)
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Weird reasons I guess, but I really want to impress my family when I move back to the UK. I've lost 51 lbs since I last saw my folks and I haven't weighed 149 lbs since I was 11 years old.

Also, I want to be strong and fit enough to fight people. In some kind of structured way, not just brawling in a bar lol.
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I want to rock a hot body in front of the guy who made me feel like *kitten* for years for not being perfect, and ultimately cheated on me.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Why would you ever care what such a jerk thinks of you ? Lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.