We're all a little shallow...

Options

Replies

• freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I want people to be jealous of my husband, instead of wondering what he's doing with me. I'm also friends with a lot of beautiful women that have never had a weight problem and I don't want to be "the fat one" in the group anymore.
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I want to look good naked.

well if you need opinions...

;-)
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Ok we all want to feel better... Get healthier.. Live a healthier lifestyle... But let's be real for a minute. We also have that one or even a couple things motivating us. So what's yours?? Your most shallow reason? No judgement here!!
    Want to know mine? I have to face my ex husband in court in 4 months. I hate the guy, he was abusive, physically and emotionally, controlling and a total loser... But my goodness, will it feel nice to flaunt my newly svelte figure in the courtroom as an added insult to the thousands of dollars he owes me and possible jail time. It will be a glorious day! Haha

not quite as good as yours but i "arranged" for my ex husband to catch sight of me for the first time in years, whilst he was with his new partner, his jaw hit the floor lol so much satisfaction in it

i started out dieting for a really noble reason (honestly) my favourite aunts cancer had come back and she was going through treatment, i felt completely helpless and just really wanted to show her we were all supporting her, so i signed up to the 5k race for life, managed to lose about 65ish lbs by the time i came to run it, and it really did feel great

why i'm still at it is the (really really really) shallow reason....... i've got a female family member who thinks she is like a supermodel, and everybody is envious of her (not true most people laugh at her and how pathetic she is) i really really really want to wipe the smug look off her face by having a hotter bod than her
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    to be the "hot engineering girl" in my classes :bigsmile:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have 2 reasons... the first being a good one. I want to be around for my kids for a very long time, and that just isn't going to happen if I don't get my health under control.

The other... my ex-hubby. He was always the jealous type, and admitted to helping me get fat. I want him to see that he didn't stop me after all.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Because I like having a six pack and being strong. I am on my own, and have to take care of myself. I am chief cook and bottle washer, AND lawn mower-er, snow shoveler, home maintenance person, everything is on me.

If I was weak, I couldn't do it.

Hell, some days I can barely do it on my own now.

So - lifting weights and boxing makes me feel like I am strong enough to go it alone. And it certainly made shoveling 4' of snow this winter easier.

ETA: and I guess if I turn a few heads, I kinda like that too.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Well, I'd lost all my weight before I'd even met my ex-husband, but I gained about 40 of it back after I had our daughter. I came home from work one day and he said "lose the weight or I'm leaving". So, I lost the weight and then told him to get the hell out. :laugh:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of pretty shallow reasons. I loved my arms back when I was unloading freight at a department store when I was in college. Now, I want to get my arms looking 10x better than they did before. Also, I want to look and be as awesome as some of the ladies on MFP who I admire so much. :blushing:

OP, I like your reason... go get 'em!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I just wanna get laid. :blushing:
  • thewhitedragonfly
    Options
    Well, I'd lost all my weight before I'd even met my ex-husband, but I gained about 40 of it back after I had our daughter. I came home from work one day and he said "lose the weight or I'm leaving". So, I lost the weight and then told him to get the hell out. :laugh:

BEST SO FAR
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I already feel great about myself, but would love to tone up my extra wobbly bits. :smile:
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    My most shallow reason....probably to look good for other people. In the end I am doing it because I enjoy being a big guy though I embarrass quickly if someone asks me to flex usually to the tune of a bright red color lol.
    I hope that court goes well and you can toss it in that guys face! Best of luck!

Thank you!! I'm looking forward to it! Finally some justice *fingers crossed*
  • grumpyldo
    grumpyldo Posts: 21
    Options
    To get the looks when I ride around in my convertible!!
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    So my husband will be proud of me. Enough to say to his friends, "that's my hot wife!"
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have always been big (I am now in a smaller size than what I wore in junior high) and I have a sister who is 18 years younger than me. Well she has always been naturally thin, and has always loved to rub my face in it. Well, she came up to visit a couple months ago and guess what?!?!?! I'm smaller than her!!!! I loved her face when we were standing next to eachother and she noticed! It was great.

I also want to wear a bikini, I never have before and it is my goal for this summer.
    And last but not least, I want to be a MILF. :laugh:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    to be the "hot engineering girl" in my classes :bigsmile:

Pretty sure you would already be a hot girl in any class. Engineering just makes it a larger differential.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I want to show off the amazing tattoo I have on my back and not worry about the rolls of fat.

And occasionally when I run into those who bullied me in high school I can say "look at me now fatty!" That's what they used to call me even though I wasn't fat in high school.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    My son bet me $1000 that I couldn't get down to a 21% BF by the end of April.

That is some excellent motivation

Not being sarcastic

agreed, though i recall a similar story on here where a womans husband did the same and all the ladies told her to get a divorce that he was controlling and manipulating her into doing what he wanted :/

mind is simple enough. to touch the rim.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just wanna get laid. :blushing:

hahaha that's great! I loved this one. :bigsmile:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I want to buy more than designer accessories. Gucci and Prada do not make plus sizes.