Why does everyone hate me? The forum Survival Guide.

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Your totally welcome guys... just getting tired of woe is me threads from the person with 5 posts. Get to know a place before you cry wolf.

That is all. =D

WOW

Sarcasm... or a victim of everything I just wrote? If the latter I have a solution for you. Step one, remove keyboard from computer and melt with fire. Step two, continue browsing the internet. Your problem is solved, your welcome.

Have a great day!

for me its neither. but you can always do the same when you see the woe is me posts too.
    problem solved too.

wait , you are saying ignore posts that you do no like….

then…why..are..you..here…???????

She said she gets tired. I said she can ignore them.
    Does that answer your question??????????

no, because you are doing what you are complaining about….irony is ironic….
    if you say so.
    I never said I didnt like or dislike the post. I said that if you get fed up you can ignore.

Ha! Didn't take long for butthurt to ensue! :drinker:

lol. why do you guys use that term all the time. Why do you think my bottom is hurting. Is it because I had a different opinion. Lets just agree with what you are saying all the time, is that what stops the name calling?

Name calling? Where? No one called you any names.
  • Lcruz2014
    Lcruz2014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    !!! BRAVO !!!! there many paths, not any one is the best for every one :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

Now stop crying and start learning and if you feel the need to sniffle? Go spend an hour reading the comments on Youtube, because you've yet to experience "mean".

Good Luck!

I really like this line : )

Yup... I like this line too... and could add Babycenter and sodahead into it too.

And craigslist forums... at least in NYC. Those are completely anon. :laugh:

Maybe the general forums should come with this statement before a newbie posts their first thread.

If they continue, they'll probably be up for what follows.lol

tumblr_m4fiuu4SEw1rpil81o1_400.jpg

tumblr_lz51wyumpL1roddmbo1_500.gif

I think you should go a step further, and get technical support to ban all newbies from posting.

You really should stop. You are being ridiculous. That is not what anyone is saying.

if you say so.
    my suggestion, follow your own advice...but feel free to keep posting as this is amusing me on a slow work day.

lol same here actually. off soon though.
    is it easier if i just said lovely post, i really really loved it. i agree with everything written in it 100%. would that be better. because no one is a special snowflake and we must all agree with one another. would that exempt me from sore bottom?
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I no longer come to the community forums for helpful hints on weight loss. Rather I come for my daily dose of humor. Those gifs are always hilarious.

Carry on.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Your totally welcome guys... just getting tired of woe is me threads from the person with 5 posts. Get to know a place before you cry wolf.

That is all. =D

WOW

Sarcasm... or a victim of everything I just wrote? If the latter I have a solution for you. Step one, remove keyboard from computer and melt with fire. Step two, continue browsing the internet. Your problem is solved, your welcome.

Have a great day!

for me its neither. but you can always do the same when you see the woe is me posts too.
    problem solved too.

wait , you are saying ignore posts that you do no like….

then…why..are..you..here…???????

She said she gets tired. I said she can ignore them.
    Does that answer your question??????????

no, because you are doing what you are complaining about….irony is ironic….
    if you say so.
    I never said I didnt like or dislike the post. I said that if you get fed up you can ignore.

Ha! Didn't take long for butthurt to ensue! :drinker:

lol. why do you guys use that term all the time. Why do you think my bottom is hurting. Is it because I had a different opinion. Lets just agree with what you are saying all the time, is that what stops the name calling?

Name calling? Where? No one called you any names.

butthurt? or is that not an insult. sorry i dont understand all the slang on here.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Bump to put it in my feed.

Well said, OP.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Totally agree, well said.
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So using this on the next "Everyone on MFP is so rude" thread. You.. are amazing.
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    come-back-again-infinite-o.gif
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    going to hold on to this one \m/
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I won't be reading the 8 pages of comments, but this should definitely be linked and even STICKIED on the newbie page.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i am offended by this post
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    i am offended by this post

its not allowed.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    butthurt? or is that not an insult. sorry i dont understand all the slang on here.

English

Adjective

butthurt (comparative more butthurt, superlative most butthurt)
    (slang) Overly annoyed, bothered or bugged because of a perceived insult; needlessly offended.
    Don't get so butthurt; it was just a joke.

Noun:
    butthurt (uncountable)
    (slang) Annoyance because of a perceived insult.
    (slang) Upset because of a perceived injustice.
    He's just full of butthurt because I insulted him.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    .....You can tell instantly the ones to be ignored and those are they ones that start to get rude after people tell them what they are doing is silly......

Hmmm....... :huh:
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options

I think you should go a step further, and get technical support to ban all newbies from posting.

In answer to your questions and or comments:

1. Butthurt : informal adjective describing anger or prejudice in response to opinion or statements.. aka. over reacting. It is NOT "name calling" nor does it refer to "disagreeing". To name call requires you are given a derogatory title, (to play the devil's advocate I'll present to you the widely used term.."special snowflake". Butthurt is a state of being like angry or upset, which you may just be based on your responses. But I will not assume.

2. The guide I provided is not only helpful (I've had several new folks privately message me who both enjoyed the humor and felt far more confident to post now) but if you would take a moment to read it without this pent up bias you seem to harbor? You'd find that I'm really out there to help people AVOID exactly what you are digging yourself into right now. Negativity. A few guidelines in a foreign ecosystem will help people understand an intimidating environment and hopefully help them avoid a crushing Topic situation.

I'm sorry I didn't deliver it with flowers and a get well card, but like many people on here I don't feel compelled to be warm and fuzzy with a group of people I don't know, and it's in my nature to be bluntly honest or deliver messages with humor. And truth is no one here is going to change how they reside on the threads so as a preventative measure I don't think there is anything wrong with giving new blood a road map to avoid the pot holes. Stop treating this as an attack on newbies, and you might see how it will help them instead.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    OP!

tumblr_m5qky23Yuc1qj394d.gif
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Great post OP !
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options