Why does everyone hate me? The forum Survival Guide.

Options

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't know how you get things made "sticky", but this one should be...needs a little grammar and spelling editing though. Don't take offense, just trying to help! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Looks at the clock.... Girl, it was like 4:30 am when I wrote that, which is roughly half past the loss of the English vernacular and 4 hours away from a the now 26 hour involuntary insomniac video editing marathon I'm currently experiencing. Grammar or spelling is the LAST thing I'm thinking about right now. You're lucky I could see the screen well enough to press "Post Topic". ;D

Oh, I get it. I am not immune to spelling and grammar mistakes, far from it. Just saying it needs to be cleaned up a bit before become a sticky, especially since a lot of people get called out on their posts for similar mistakes.

Calling out spelling/grammar mistakes is actually against the Community Guidelines.

Just putting that out there.

Huh, I didn't know that. You see quite a bit of it on the boards, especially put in less-than-kind terms. Sorry, no offense meant, just think its important in getting one's point across in a post that is intended for a large audience.

LOL it is an MFP thread, not a book that is going into publication ...

Yes but it's so good it should be going into publication!!

thats-gold-jerry.gif
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    f3e3f846b7eaf30ad45e6ddfd244312e.jpg
    I was looking for this gif! It would have been perfect a few days ago. :laugh:

Glad I could help!
  • LKW59
    LKW59 Posts: 28
    Options
    Wish I would have read this post when I first came here. Very well written and I found it funny . . . but true.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Your totally welcome guys... just getting tired of woe is me threads from the person with 5 posts. Get to know a place before you cry wolf.

That is all. =D

WOW

Sarcasm... or a victim of everything I just wrote? If the latter I have a solution for you. Step one, remove keyboard from computer and melt with fire. Step two, continue browsing the internet. Your problem is solved, your welcome.

Have a great day!

for me its neither. but you can always do the same when you see the woe is me posts too.
    problem solved too.

wait , you are saying ignore posts that you do no like….

then…why..are..you..here…???????

She said she gets tired. I said she can ignore them.
    Does that answer your question??????????

no, because you are doing what you are complaining about….irony is ironic….
    if you say so.
    I never said I didnt like or dislike the post. I said that if you get fed up you can ignore.

Ha! Didn't take long for butthurt to ensue! :drinker:
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Nice concept.

[nitpick]"You're" - contraction indicating 'you are;' "your" - indicative of possession.[/nitpick]
    And than/then and about 500 other things.:wink:

grammar_correction_cat.jpg

And I'm spent. =D
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Your totally welcome guys... just getting tired of woe is me threads from the person with 5 posts. Get to know a place before you cry wolf.

That is all. =D

WOW

Sarcasm... or a victim of everything I just wrote? If the latter I have a solution for you. Step one, remove keyboard from computer and melt with fire. Step two, continue browsing the internet. Your problem is solved, your welcome.

Have a great day!

for me its neither. but you can always do the same when you see the woe is me posts too.
    problem solved too.

if you say so.
    I never said I didnt like or dislike the post. I said that if you get fed up you can ignore.

it was inevitable...

speaking of buthurt..where is ole lindz at for this one??????????????????
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lunn3ziiFU1qfjd5jo1_250.gif

tumblr_mdglkpJkKd1rl6a5io1_500.gif
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

That is all. =D

WOW

Have a great day!

problem solved too.

if you say so.

it was inevitable...

Probably still getting through the original post (wow that was long).
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    This should be a sticky!!

Agreed! Thanks, OP, for taking the time to post this.

This is for you: :flowerforyou:
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Well said, OP! And I really like your sense of humor (snarky or not)! :happy:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

That is all. =D

WOW

Have a great day!

problem solved too.

if you say so.

it was inevitable...

Shhhh! Best not to invoke! :wink:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Nicely done. Now get some sleep.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

That is all. =D

WOW

Have a great day!

problem solved too.

if you say so.

it was inevitable...

lol, I only said it once...she is like candyman ..you have to say it three times...
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    ffd1590405768ddc554f749f665db494.jpg
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    this thread is so full of awesome.
  • Bigora
    Bigora Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm quite new and found this post excellent. I've been using the "Search" function a lot to learn about everything as I can feel there is a lot of expertise around here... :) I find that most of the things I have doubts about, are already answered somewhere... plenty of useful information! Still trying to get my head around a lot of things but... getting there.

Thanks to all the pals who contribute with their knowledge and personal experiences.

^This. I always search first. And don´t forget to search the Groups, for like minded live styles ask the people that are already doing what you want to try.

edit: English is not my first language. Working on spelling.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm quite new and found this post excellent. I've been using the "Search" function a lot to learn about everything as I can feel there is a lot of expertise around here... :) I find that most of the things I have doubts about, are already answered somewhere... plenty of useful information! Still trying to get my head around a lot of things but... getting there.

Thanks to all the pals who contribute with their knowledge and personal experiences.

^This. I always search first. And don´t forget to search the Groups, for like minded live styles, ask the people that are already doing what you want to try.

On that note, I really wish the search feature was a little more user friendly. I barely use it unless I know the title of a thread and I'm just looking for the link.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I like this
    Lesson Four: Stop searching the internet for a substitute to hard work and responsibility.

if it was easy and there was a substitute there would be no need for MFP as we would all be a healthy BMI that can run sub 3.5hr marathons, all the guy's would have 6-pack abs and the women would have 'thigh gaps', it's not easy that's how you get the feeling of accomplishment when you reach your goal (whatever it is).
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

That is all. =D

WOW

Have a great day!

problem solved too.

if you say so.

it was inevitable...

lol, I only said it once...she is like candyman ..you have to say it three times...

Be careful what you wish for!

gif_lindsey_stirling_bts_assassin_s_creed_by_tobiasriedinger-d5wb77n.jpg
  • Bigora
    Bigora Posts: 20 Member
    Options

^This. I always search first. And don´t forget to search the Groups, for like minded live styles, ask the people that are already doing what you want to try.

On that note, I really wish the search feature was a little more user friendly. I barely use it unless I know the title of a thread and I'm just looking for the link.

Sometimes I use Google and add MFP in the search terms. If its there it should come up.

edit: spelling, again.
This discussion has been closed.