Why does everyone hate me? The forum Survival Guide.

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Your totally welcome guys... just getting tired of woe is me threads from the person with 5 posts. Get to know a place before you cry wolf.

That is all. =D

WOW

Sarcasm... or a victim of everything I just wrote? If the latter I have a solution for you. Step one, remove keyboard from computer and melt with fire. Step two, continue browsing the internet. Your problem is solved, your welcome.

Have a great day!

for me its neither. but you can always do the same when you see the woe is me posts too.
    problem solved too.

wait , you are saying ignore posts that you do no like….

then…why..are..you..here…???????

She said she gets tired. I said she can ignore them.
    Does that answer your question??????????

no, because you are doing what you are complaining about….irony is ironic….

I think you mean hypocrisy - Irony is different.

But then that being said I do not think she is saying she is tired of these posts so - not hypocrisy.

it is early and I have only had one cup of coffee…

amusing would be a better word.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    6854sn.gif

I really have a problem with you posting gifs of my future husband on the internet..
  • Day58
    Day58 Posts: 113
    Options
    Your totally welcome guys... just getting tired of woe is me threads from the person with 5 posts. Get to know a place before you cry wolf.

That is all. =D

WOW

Sarcasm... or a victim of everything I just wrote? If the latter I have a solution for you. Step one, remove keyboard from computer and melt with fire. Step two, continue browsing the internet. Your problem is solved, your welcome.

Have a great day!

Smh. Wow

My original wow was in awe of what you wrote.

My latter wow is because you made yourself sound ridiculous by jumping to a conclusion with my one word response. Overall original good post but I'm no longer following after that nonsense. God bless ya!
  • maryetamfp
    maryetamfp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm quite new and found this post excellent. I've been using the "Search" function a lot to learn about everything as I can feel there is a lot of expertise around here... :) I find that most of the things I have doubts about, are already answered somewhere... plenty of useful information! Still trying to get my head around a lot of things but... getting there.

Thanks to all the pals who contribute with their knowledge and personal experiences.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't know how you get things made "sticky", but this one should be...needs a little grammar and spelling editing though. Don't take offense, just trying to help! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • tomaspetro
    tomaspetro Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Great posts-too much reading-definitely must be on cranky side-good thing I have brain cooling device.Engage.
  • KandiLicious
    KandiLicious Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

So the truth can be heard! :drinker:
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Great post :)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I would like to add something if I may.

Please don't be the white knight to ride in 3/4 through the thread, defending the OP and berating everyone who is attempting to provide valuable suggestions, advice and solutions for bullying and being mean to the OP.

There is no nice, polite, touchy-feely way to impart the information that "What you are attempting is medically unhealthy, scientifically unsound, completely unsustainable and if you insist in following this plan, you will most certainly be met with frustration and inevitable failure". Some people are offended, insulted and feel "judged" by the cold hard truth.
  • minibandit
    Options
    I do agree with you. Especially where the internet in general is concerned - MFP is tame in comparison.

However :happy:

Maybe I am just on my own here - hope not! But, I have probably learned my most valuables lesson in life, not just diet stuff, from being wrong.
    Sometimes, being right is just too easy for it to be valued.

If telling people what is right is all that was needed life would be easy indeed...and boring. And raising my own children would become a breeze! And MFP would no longer be needed!

I am actually not that ok with people being shouted down on here. Mostly because I have faith in people and think that they will eventually find their way. They will eventually realise that what they are doing is not working. That's not to say they shouldn't be pointed in the right direction - even bluntly told.

But, one cover-all post for 'Don't ask coz you're doing it wrong' or being shouted down for doing something that's not prescribed by the MFP forum posters isn't going to help. It's just going to make them stop posting, think that MFP isn't the right place for them and shut them down.

Some people on here have giving advice down in a really good way. They'll say - have a look at this, have you considered that etc give them links and wish them well, others get their knickers in a twist if they see something 'not right'.

As I said, I agree with you, your post says much truth and the internet can be harsh. But, as I said above, one cover-all post isn't gonna do it and people need to learn in their own ways - sometimes that will be from being wrong.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Meh, people are crap in general and there opinions mostly meaningless.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Now stop crying and start learning and if you feel the need to sniffle? Go spend an hour reading the comments on Youtube, because you've yet to experience "mean".

^^ THIS! :drinker:
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    As someone who has been accused of being "mean" while quoting an NIH website:

caSagjf.jpg
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Slow Clap. Applause. Bravo.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Geezz, coulda said it less than 10 words no?
    Well, it's nicely organized into bullet points for those who want a more condensed version.

I especially like the part about not asking the same questions you could find on a Search. I'll respond if I'm feeling patient and will skip it if I'm not, but it really marks you as a newbie to any community bulletin board.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Well, it's nicely organized into bullet points for those who want a more condensed version.

I especially like the part about not asking the same questions you could find on a Search. I'll respond if I'm feeling patient and will skip it if I'm not, but it really marks you as a newbie to any community bulletin board.

Agreed. All the repeating of common questions gets in the way of the endless stream of "Rate the Person Above You" threads. Because we need 70 of those going on at once. Good call!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Awesome :flowerforyou:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options

If many people disagree with you...you are probably wrong.

better?
This discussion has been closed.