Replies

• shawdabest
    Options
    Male 19
    215 pounds off season during powerlifting season 198.25
    Bench Max is 325 or 225 for 13 reps or 185 for 29
    Deadlift Max is 525 or 405 8 times
    Squat max is 500 or 405 8 times

If you need help with a lifting program let me know, I do different lifts to work small stabilization muscles in the core, low back, shoulders and around the knee. The key is to work on the stabilization muscles, using dumbbells and body weight squats with one leg and deadlifts with one arm. These will make your maxes explode. By Christmas I will want to be squatting 550 and deadlifting the same weight. I hope this helps, If you need proof let me know I have videos of squats as well as deadlifts.
    Thanks,
    Shawn Murphy

yeah- I'd REALLY like to see an experienced lifter put on 50 pounds in less than 6 months to their squat.
    REALLY.

I'll wait.

Give me your email and on christmas i will max out and if i don't hit 540+ i will pay you 50 bucks, since apparently its so hard.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I like the ladies posting their numbers.

Awesome job!!!!!
  • laceynwilliams
    laceynwilliams Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Woman, 29yo, 129#. Been doing StrongLifts 5x5 for two months.

Squat: 70#
    Deadlift: 125#
    Bench: 55# (failed at 60# three times in a row, so time for a deload.)

Goals by the end of the year: 100# squat, 150# deadlift, and 75% bodyweight bench (~90#)

Note: These are not my 1RM. I have no idea what my 1RM for each lift is. These are what I can do 5x5.
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Well, most of the women here lift heavier than me- but here goes anyway.

Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 238 (aiming for 190)

Squat: 200x4 ATG
    Bench: 135x3
    Deadlift: 165x10

I haven't done a 1RM test yet. I only started lifting in May, 2014 for weight loss. I've been squatting since May, benching pressing since June, and dead lifting for maybe 3 weeks. We all start somewhere. :smile:

Revisiting an old thread with an update since I had my first 1RM test this morning. Old stats are above. New stats follow.

Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 231 (aiming for 180-190 w/ 15% body fat)

Squat: 270
    Bench: 170
    Deadlift: 275
    Total: 715 lbs

I'm pleased with my squat and bench press progress - especially since I got stuck and frustrated with the bench press for a few weeks. My deadlift is suffering. I tried 290 and struggled with both strength and grip. In fact, I tried it twice but could get the bar past the middle of my quads. I'll keep working on it.

I very much enjoy the strength gains, the changes I'm feeling & seeing in my body, and - psychologically - I'm starting to believe the 1,000 lb club can be a reality for even old guys like me. :drinker:

Sam