Dear random old people...

Options

Replies

• dfortier17
    dfortier17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any random person (young or old) who touches babies or bellies without permission.... who publically twerk and stand on strangers lawn is creepy. We more mature folk are often mislabelled as creepy in general. That's unfortunate.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned about strangers thinking it's okay to discipline my child. We, my friend and I and kids, were at pizza hut buffet having lunch and some people in the back had a screaming child. A group of elderly ladies were sitting close to the buffet and my friends little boy(he was 5) went running to the buffet to get food and this old lady grabbed his arm and told him to quit all that screaming and it wasn't polite to scream like that, now mind you it wasn't him number 1 and number 2 I understand you being irritated with the screaming kid, I was there for 2 minutes and I had had enough of it but it's not your place to correct a child or their parents. I went off on her and told her in no uncertain terms that touching another persons child in that manner is unacceptable and very rude. They called me rude and I told them that rude is grabbing someone else's child in the manner she did so and that he (the child) deserved an apology and his mother too. She finally apologized and so did I. But if they are coming up and saying how cute and touching their heads and such I see nothing wrong with it. This is what's wrong with this world people get to upset over the little stuff. And to the lady with the kid who has allergies, your situation is different and not the normal. I would think even taking the child out to eat or even in public would be to much of a risk for the child and you should just leave said child home. I'm thinking I would be so paranoid to take my child out because of all the risks to it's life and said child is safer at home. Sucks to be the child though :(

Why was a 5 year old running up to a hot buffet? Many restaurants prohibit kids under 10 from serving themselves.

Simple solution is simple.

He took off before we could stop him and we were telling him to come back when the lady grabbed him. He was running up there to stand in line and wait for him momma.

Maybe his " momma " needs to teach him how to behave when eating in public. At five years old, he is old enough to learn. You would not need to " go off " on another patron of the restaurant ( because it's not your place either ) and the old lady can eat in peace.

^^ This

My son tried this once. ONCE.

You weren't there and you didn't see how it unfolded so let's not pass judgement unless you were there to see exactly how it transpired. We were all standing up getting ready to go up, he just went a bit faster than we did. And he's my nephew and it was my right to go off on the little ole' lady who should have minded her own business and left the child's punishment up to his mother. SMDH
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    watch out my kids bite
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Dear random young people,

One day YOU will BE a random old person.

I hope you are treated well.

only if they're lucky. One day they might say the wrong thing to the wrong old person and get their lives significantly shortened.
  • Ter_Rob
    Ter_Rob Posts: 68
    Options
    I am offended by this thread. Whatever happened to respecting your elders?? OP and the other "youngsters" who commented negatively about older people have a lot to learn. I'm not a creep, don't creep, and don't like being considered a creep simply because I'm older than most of you. Someday, If you're lucky, you'll be my age and some young snot such as yourself will make a comment about you're being old and you won't like it. There is an advantage to being my age, and that is you gain wisdom and experience in addition other things starting with an appreciation for life and beauty. You OP have a lot to learn, and respect is at the top of the list!!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned about strangers thinking it's okay to discipline my child. We, my friend and I and kids, were at pizza hut buffet having lunch and some people in the back had a screaming child. A group of elderly ladies were sitting close to the buffet and my friends little boy(he was 5) went running to the buffet to get food and this old lady grabbed his arm and told him to quit all that screaming and it wasn't polite to scream like that, now mind you it wasn't him number 1 and number 2 I understand you being irritated with the screaming kid, I was there for 2 minutes and I had had enough of it but it's not your place to correct a child or their parents. I went off on her and told her in no uncertain terms that touching another persons child in that manner is unacceptable and very rude. They called me rude and I told them that rude is grabbing someone else's child in the manner she did so and that he (the child) deserved an apology and his mother too. She finally apologized and so did I. But if they are coming up and saying how cute and touching their heads and such I see nothing wrong with it. This is what's wrong with this world people get to upset over the little stuff. And to the lady with the kid who has allergies, your situation is different and not the normal. I would think even taking the child out to eat or even in public would be to much of a risk for the child and you should just leave said child home. I'm thinking I would be so paranoid to take my child out because of all the risks to it's life and said child is safer at home. Sucks to be the child though :(

Why was a 5 year old running up to a hot buffet? Many restaurants prohibit kids under 10 from serving themselves.

He took off before we could stop him and we were telling him to come back when the lady grabbed him. He was running up there to stand in line and wait for him momma.

Maybe his " momma " needs to teach him how to behave when eating in public. At five years old, he is old enough to learn. You would not need to " go off " on another patron of the restaurant ( because it's not your place either ) and the old lady can eat in peace.

^^ This

You weren't there and you didn't see how it unfolded so let's not pass judgement unless you were there to see exactly how it transpired. We were all standing up getting ready to go up, he just went a bit faster than we did. And he's my nephew and it was my right to go off on the little ole' lady who should have minded her own business and left the child's punishment up to his mother. SMDH

I agree. The lady should have gotten up and said something to the adults, not the child.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I would never touch other people's gross, nasty kids/infants, with snotty noses and dirty faces, etc. !!!! :sick:

Stay of my lawn!!!! :tongue:

maybe you should change your screen name if you're going to leave comments like that "ChristianWife"? just a friendly suggestion.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If a child is misbehaving tell the parent. If the parent is rude or says "I don't need to make my kid behave" tell management.

A story on a screaming child has been spread around the web true or not, you have no idea why the child is screaming. The story has it as a child with Autism. Some will say keep him home, maybe that was not an option. Not everything is clear cut.

As for people touching my baby or me "NO", I don't know you, don't touch me. Comment on how cute the kid is, fine, but how you would like it if I walked up to you and rubbed your head saying you were cute. NO! And the belly thing forget that, when I pregnant I was a party, mostly acquaintances, when I left I told my husband "I felt like F***ing Buddha" I hated it.

FYI, in my experience it wasn't always old people I found mostly the older people to be more polite, etc.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    this is so dumb

let old people touch your babies
    they are from a different time

a time with out MFP and FB where people actually had to TALK to each other for realz

and every baby born was covetted and cherished by the community, hence the touching of bellies and babies

young people GTFU seriously

have some respect for older people and teach your kids the same. Your babies arent going to catch the plague from a kiss or cheek pinch of an older person. My gawd.

Sorry, but I don't live in that world. Seriously, don't touch my kids. Most people seem to have boundaries and understand that touching strangers isn't commonly accepted here in 2014. I truly worry about those who think it's okay, because I start to question their intentions and overall judgment. Next up, pinching random girls' *kitten* because they're so damn adorable . . .

surely you know the difference between old people enjoying a cute baby
    and a random perv pinching the butts of women.

It is sad people ccant see the difference
    50 years ago it was acceptable to pinch butts. Now it isn't. Sure the women back then didn't enjoy it when some random guy smacked their butt, but nothing was really done about it, and some defended it as harmless.

So why is it no longer ok to do that, but it's still perfectly acceptable to grab and touch someone else's child (or even a woman, in the case of pregnant bellies,) without permission? That's a double standard if I ever heard one. Would you be ok with a random older person pinching your butt? After all, they're from a different time, right?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Then don't come to LA either because kid's class had two allergies and the progression concept of allergic reactions is what we are told could happen. We take it seriously around here.

No worries there. Whether you are referring to the state of LA or the city in CA, I have no intentions of going to either one. :flowerforyou:

Meh. Gotta be the city in CA. New Orleans is known as "the city that care forgot" with good reason.

At current gas prices, it's unreasonable for me to go anywhere. *sigh*
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I would never touch other people's gross, nasty kids/infants, with snotty noses and dirty faces, etc. !!!! :sick:

Stay of my lawn!!!! :tongue:

maybe you should change your screen name if you're going to leave comments like that "ChristianWife"? just a friendly suggestion.

What? Christians are supposed to enjoy snotty noses? I'm confused.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

^^ This

I passed judgement on my son. Just sayin'
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I am offended by this thread. Whatever happened to respecting your elders?? OP and the other "youngsters" who commented negatively about older people have a lot to learn. I'm not a creep, don't creep, and don't like being considered a creep simply because I'm older than most of you. Someday, If you're lucky, you'll be my age and some young snot such as yourself will make a comment about you're being old and you won't like it. There is an advantage to being my age, and that is you gain wisdom and experience in addition other things starting with an appreciation for life and beauty. You OP have a lot to learn, and respect is at the top of the list!!

Yes, if they are lucky. "Respect your elders" disappeared along with "Be kind to strangers."
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    This thread isn't about elderly people in general. It's about people who think it's acceptable to walk up to and touch people they don't know without permission. To be fair, OP should've left age out of it, because a person touching random people on the street is creepy at any age.
  • Ter_Rob
    Ter_Rob Posts: 68
    Options
    Agreed.
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I'm offended by how easily you got offended.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Meh...bite me.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It's creepy when ANYONE comes up and touches kids...or pregnant bellies.

This
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

*cringe*. DON"T TOUCH MY CHILD.

Not true I don't have a problem with you touching my child, I have a problem with you grabbing my child by his arm and proceeding to tell him what he should and should not do. This was my friends child and I consider him my nephew and he calls me Aunt. It's not the first time I've gone off on people for being rude to her children, there are some things you just don't do. Touching cute little babies is very different from grabbing the arm of a child and correcting it when the mother or caretaker is there to do it.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ok. Seriously - it is not only old people that touch babies. However, the point stands that it is NOT OK to touch either me or my children without asking.

I had a 120lb rottweiler and a 90lb german shepherd and I can't tell you how many times I had to ask people NOT to touch them with out asking. Some people just don't have any common sense.

Then I had twins 6 weeks early. They were in the NICU and finally came home at 5 lbs each. The pediatrician essentially put us on house arrest until they were 3 months old (at which point they were average newborn size). She told me emphatically NOT to let anyone touch them without first washing hands.

I was so excited to get out of the house after 3 months, I would take them with me on errands to Target. I learned to live with the constant barrage of questions about twins. I understand people are curious, though some questions were extremely personal. I never did figure out why so many people needed to try to touch them. (old, medium, young - no matter). Seriously - my life was hard enough - why do you need to touch them? They both got colds from our trips, and my son ended up hospitalized with pneumonia. Please ASK before you touch! Why is it so hard to accept?

PS - anyone who thinks they can tell whether or not someone is a creep by just looking at them is delusional.
This discussion has been closed.