Dear random old people...

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am shocked at the number of children who run around restaurants, stores, and even church while their parents just sit there and let the kids run amok. Then I laugh and shake my head at the kids whose parents have them on a leash like they were a dog or something. What happened to discipline and controlling your child. And if the kid needs a leash I think there's a bigger problem going on.

This will get a lot of comments I'm sure. If the kid misbehaves, and the parent corrects the kid and he/she continues to misbehave, I see nothing wrong with decking the kid to get their attention. Worked for my parents, and it worked for me.

If you deck my kid, you better make sure you have someone to bail you out of jail.
    If your kid acts like that it should really be you who is decked.

If the only response you have to a child's behavior is violence, then I question your ability to function in society.

If you can't stop your kid from making strangers want to hit you, then I question your ability as a parent.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.