Excuse me while I go twerk.

^ this is why we can't have nice things. :angry:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm too old to care...

^^^What are you talking about?? Her twerking IS the only nice thing I have to look forward too!!!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Good grief this thread....

When my kids were babies, I didn't mind if anyone came to look at them (old or young). However, touching them I didn't like. I get that babies/kids can be cute, but if you want them to grow up respecting your space, then you need to respect theirs. That being said, when my mom comes to visit and we are out, she's like a freaking hawk when it comes to spotting babies! She has to go right over and look at them and ooo and aww. She never touches them, and I try not to steal her joy, but I do feel uncomfortable just watching it lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm too old to care...

^^^What are you talking about?? Her twerking IS the only nice thing I have to look forward too!!!

h8D1AC1A9
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I am offended by this thread. Whatever happened to respecting your elders?? OP and the other "youngsters" who commented negatively about older people have a lot to learn. I'm not a creep, don't creep, and don't like being considered a creep simply because I'm older than most of you. Someday, If you're lucky, you'll be my age and some young snot such as yourself will make a comment about you're being old and you won't like it. There is an advantage to being my age, and that is you gain wisdom and experience in addition other things starting with an appreciation for life and beauty. You OP have a lot to learn, and respect is at the top of the list!!
    This thread isn't about elderly people in general. It's about people who think it's acceptable to walk up to and touch people they don't know without permission. To be fair, OP should've left age out of it, because a person touching random people on the street is creepy at any age.

I am not sure what the OP means or doesn't. I would lean to the side that he meant what he said after reading his profile. To be his friend...you need a resume and two references! LOL Leaves me out...I got no references and I am just some random old person!

He sounds really mean

Ya think??? I never thought about him being mean...just slightly paranoid possibly. LOL
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm too old to care...

h8D1AC1A9

ku-xlarge.gif
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    Dear random babes...

...please just walk up and touch old people...seriously, it's awesome.

Wait, what?

:huh:

I'll touch you Jof.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Now let's all take a deep breath and touch ourselves! :laugh:
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have a cure for this epidemic of old people. I am going to open a petting zoo where old people and the like can come in and pet, rub, pinch cheeks and make friendly comments to pregnant woman and children. They can even pose for pictures with them and pay to have it framed in one of those cheesy "family" frames. We will see prune smoothies with extra whey of course, rent motorized scooters and have a senior citizen lost and found.

On the other side of the zoo there will seminars on "how to live in a society that has all but forgotten you and the amazing accomplishments of your generation"
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I am shocked at the number of children who run around restaurants, stores, and even church while their parents just sit there and let the kids run amok. Then I laugh and shake my head at the kids whose parents have them on a leash like they were a dog or something. What happened to discipline and controlling your child. And if the kid needs a leash I think there's a bigger problem going on.

This will get a lot of comments I'm sure. If the kid misbehaves, and the parent corrects the kid and he/she continues to misbehave, I see nothing wrong with decking the kid to get their attention. Worked for my parents, and it worked for me.

If you think punching children is alright, your parents did it wrong.
    Very, very wrong.
    Like, "dude, you probably need some time in prison" wrong.

And that's saying something because I really don't like kids, and *I* think your comments are screwed up.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I have a cure for this epidemic of old people. I am going to open a petting zoo where old people and the like can come in and pet, rub, pinch cheeks and make friendly comments to pregnant woman and children. They can even pose for pictures with them and pay to have it framed in one of those cheesy "family" frames. We will see prune smoothies with extra whey of course, rent motorized scooters and have a senior citizen lost and found.

On the other side of the zoo there will seminars on "how to live in a society that has all but forgotten you and the amazing accomplishments of your generation"

this post is wow. nice work.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Dear random young people,

One day YOU will BE a random old person.

I hope you are treated well.
    I do hope you don't feel parents not wanting you to randomly touch their children is some how not treating you well.

We don't know what your hygiene is like, or if you have used hand creams that our kids may be allergic to, or if you are carrying an illness you may pass to them.

It is out of consern for our kids that we ask this not because we want to treat you unkindly. Intact random touching of my children will be you creatng an environment tha invites unkind treatment.

Soooo you want to be treated well keep your hands off my kids.

Yea, their teachers and friends at daycare or school are a different story and definitely could not have used any of those creams or have any illnesses.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options

I do hope you don't feel parents not wanting you to randomly touch their children is some how not treating you well.

We don't know what your hygiene is like, or if you have used hand creams that our kids may be allergic to, or if you are carrying an illness you may pass to them.

It is out of consern for our kids that we ask this not because we want to treat you unkindly. Intact random touching of my children will be you creatng an environment tha invites unkind treatment.

Yea, their teachers and friends at daycare or school are a different story and definitely could not have used any of those creams or have any illnesses.
    Yes they are different because the allergy is known so precautions are taken.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why random old people... random young people... or any random people would take offense to this thread.

I mean seriously, would you want any random stranger touching your kid? :noway:
  • moosegt35
    Options
    I'm more concerned about strangers thinking it's okay to discipline my child. We, my friend and I and kids, were at pizza hut buffet having lunch and some people in the back had a screaming child. A group of elderly ladies were sitting close to the buffet and my friends little boy(he was 5) went running to the buffet to get food and this old lady grabbed his arm and told him to quit all that screaming and it wasn't polite to scream like that, now mind you it wasn't him number 1 and number 2 I understand you being irritated with the screaming kid, I was there for 2 minutes and I had had enough of it but it's not your place to correct a child or their parents. I went off on her and told her in no uncertain terms that touching another persons child in that manner is unacceptable and very rude. They called me rude and I told them that rude is grabbing someone else's child in the manner she did so and that he (the child) deserved an apology and his mother too. She finally apologized and so did I. But if they are coming up and saying how cute and touching their heads and such I see nothing wrong with it. This is what's wrong with this world people get to upset over the little stuff. And to the lady with the kid who has allergies, your situation is different and not the normal. I would think even taking the child out to eat or even in public would be to much of a risk for the child and you should just leave said child home. I'm thinking I would be so paranoid to take my child out because of all the risks to it's life and said child is safer at home. Sucks to be the child though :(

Why was a 5 year old running up to a hot buffet? Many restaurants prohibit kids under 10 from serving themselves.

Simple solution is simple.

He took off before we could stop him and we were telling him to come back when the lady grabbed him. He was running up there to stand in line and wait for him momma.

Maybe his " momma " needs to teach him how to behave when eating in public. At five years old, he is old enough to learn. You would not need to " go off " on another patron of the restaurant ( because it's not your place either ) and the old lady can eat in peace.

Take care of your own kids and make them behave? Pfft, what world do you live in?
  • moosegt35
    Options
    I'm more concerned about strangers thinking it's okay to discipline my child. We, my friend and I and kids, were at pizza hut buffet having lunch and some people in the back had a screaming child. A group of elderly ladies were sitting close to the buffet and my friends little boy(he was 5) went running to the buffet to get food and this old lady grabbed his arm and told him to quit all that screaming and it wasn't polite to scream like that, now mind you it wasn't him number 1 and number 2 I understand you being irritated with the screaming kid, I was there for 2 minutes and I had had enough of it but it's not your place to correct a child or their parents. I went off on her and told her in no uncertain terms that touching another persons child in that manner is unacceptable and very rude. They called me rude and I told them that rude is grabbing someone else's child in the manner she did so and that he (the child) deserved an apology and his mother too. She finally apologized and so did I. But if they are coming up and saying how cute and touching their heads and such I see nothing wrong with it. This is what's wrong with this world people get to upset over the little stuff. And to the lady with the kid who has allergies, your situation is different and not the normal. I would think even taking the child out to eat or even in public would be to much of a risk for the child and you should just leave said child home. I'm thinking I would be so paranoid to take my child out because of all the risks to it's life and said child is safer at home. Sucks to be the child though :(

Why was a 5 year old running up to a hot buffet? Many restaurants prohibit kids under 10 from serving themselves.

He took off before we could stop him and we were telling him to come back when the lady grabbed him. He was running up there to stand in line and wait for him momma.

Maybe his " momma " needs to teach him how to behave when eating in public. At five years old, he is old enough to learn. You would not need to " go off " on another patron of the restaurant ( because it's not your place either ) and the old lady can eat in peace.

^^ This

My son tried this once. ONCE.

You weren't there and you didn't see how it unfolded so let's not pass judgement unless you were there to see exactly how it transpired. We were all standing up getting ready to go up, he just went a bit faster than we did. And he's my nephew and it was my right to go off on the little ole' lady who should have minded her own business and left the child's punishment up to his mother. SMDH

I agree. The lady should have gotten up and said something to the adults, not the child.

this
  • moosegt35
    Options

*cringe*. DON"T TOUCH MY CHILD.

Not true I don't have a problem with you touching my child, I have a problem with you grabbing my child by his arm and proceeding to tell him what he should and should not do. This was my friends child and I consider him my nephew and he calls me Aunt. It's not the first time I've gone off on people for being rude to her children, there are some things you just don't do. Touching cute little babies is very different from grabbing the arm of a child and correcting it when the mother or caretaker is there to do it.

sounds like no one was actually doing it though.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    I am shocked at the number of children who run around restaurants, stores, and even church while their parents just sit there and let the kids run amok. Then I laugh and shake my head at the kids whose parents have them on a leash like they were a dog or something. What happened to discipline and controlling your child. And if the kid needs a leash I think there's a bigger problem going on.

This will get a lot of comments I'm sure. If the kid misbehaves, and the parent corrects the kid and he/she continues to misbehave, I see nothing wrong with decking the kid to get their attention. Worked for my parents, and it worked for me.

If you deck my kid, you better make sure you have someone to bail you out of jail.
    If your kid acts like that it should really be you who is decked.
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options

If you deck my kid, you better make sure you have someone to bail you out of jail.
    If your kid acts like that it should really be you who is decked.

If the only response you have to a child's behavior is violence, then I question your ability to function in society.
  • moosegt35
    Options

Yes they are different because the allergy is known so precautions are taken.

So they are going to make sure no other kids touch your kid? What if said kid had peanut butter for breakfast?
This discussion has been closed.