NSV today! Share yours?

EMTFreakGirl
EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
I (re)started on my 'get fit' journey August 17, 2013. At that time I was wearing Women's 2XL T-shirts, as in WOMEN's sizes, which tend to run larger. Today, I was working Ski Patrol up on the local ski mountain and we were having a benefit for an injured co-worker. The rep for the SPYDER company was there raffling swag. Now sports apparel is notorious for running SMALL, SPYDER especially. I won 2 t-shirts and the only sizes they had were Med and XL. I KNOW I'm not XL anymore so I picked up the mediums thinking that I'd be in them by summer. Lo' and behold....THEY FIT NOW!!!! (and they look pretty darned good, if I do say so myself! I'm sporting one in my new profile pic!) :bigsmile:

Replies

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    How exciting! Congrats!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    So awesome! I love this. I was in plus sizes when I started too and now have lots of mediums. Woo hoo!

I have two NSV's: girl at the gym front desk who sees me every day told me I looked like I lost a lot of weight recently. I told her I had not but explained my recomp.

Yesterday: hit 225 on my deadlift, up 20 pounds. Slowly working to 300!
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    I noticed there is now a much smaller bulge on my belly when I sit down, couldn't believe it :drinker:
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    My biggest NSV of the whole journey was last night. I have never been a runner. In November I could run 1 mile and thought I would die. 2 weeks ago I tried 2 and did it. Last night and thought 'let's see if 3 is possible).

I ran 3.24 miles in 38:35- average pace was 11:55/ mile, but the first mile was barely 11 minutes. When I stopped I wasn't dead. This might become a weekly thing.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Well, I've been going consistently with this for around two/three weeks now.

My body feels great, and is moving faster and feels stronger. I think it's saying thank you for all the TLC. :) I haven't felt this great in a long time.

And, I'm back to training for getting back into my running routine, and I'm able to run in place for five minutes non stop. Bringing it up to 6 tomorrow!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    We went on vacation last week to see a couple castles in Romania. I made it through the whole tour of Bran Castle ( Dracula's Castle) without being out of breath one, and it was all stairs. I'm on the tail end of a cold and also had a terrible night of sleep last night and managed to get a good 45 minute workout in. Where as just a month ago if I had even the slightest symptom I wouldn't leave the couch all day. I'm so proud of myself for staying commited to my goals even through bumps in the road. And I'm really starting to see the changes in my body, I can almost get away with wearing a too small shirt I bought last year
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    fitting in to my clothes that i use to wore 5 years back!
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Completed a 30 day plank challenge and did 105 seconds in one shot on Sunday.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Was invited to an Air Force banquet by some of my troops and ALL my dress pants were way too big!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    bought a couple of UK size 32 pants last week. Used to wear 38 2 years back! :noway:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    My hubby has always been supportive of me getting healthy, but has never been very interested in doing it with me. This morning, he put on a pair of boxers that he had trouble fitting a month ago and they fit. He put them on, then came to show me, telling me I'd motivated him. Woot! We'll be healthy TOGETHER! Yay!

ETA: You guys, those NSVs are awesome! You totally ROCK!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    OMG! All of those NSV's are too AWESOME! I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: reading them...gives me so much motivation!
    You ALL rock! :flowerforyou:
    Keep sharing, please!
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    My hubby has always been supportive of me getting healthy, but has never been very interested in doing it with me. This morning, he put on a pair of boxers that he had trouble fitting a month ago and they fit. He put them on, then came to show me, telling me I'd motivated him. Woot! We'll be healthy TOGETHER! Yay!

ETA: You guys, those NSVs are awesome! You totally ROCK!

Aww, I love this! :smile: My OH has been inspired too, even though he has been overseas for the last 4 months, he is due back in two weeks and seems excited about the prospect of being my new fitness and healthy eating buddy.

My NSV wasn't today but a couple of days ago, got to work and realised my uniform was dirty, the only other ones spare were ones I had never been able to even fit over my chest before let alone get on but was amazed to find not only did it fit but it looked really good and I got some lovely comments from my colleagues who had got used to seeing me in the baggy ones. I looked in the mirror and thought "is that really me?".

Well done everyone :flowerforyou:
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Loving all of these!! How awesome!

Have 2:

1. I was tired Saturday night, and I went and rocked out an almost 2 hour cross training workout (elliptical, weights and calisthenics) at the gym

2. I noticed that my heart rate on the elliptical (according to the heart rate handles on the machine) has stayed under 160 BPM no matter how fast I go - just a couple of weeks ago it was as high as 188. I am happy with this!

Good Job Everyone!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    That is awesome, OP!

My latest NSV involves wearing a certain style button-down shirt from Target. I saw it last year when it first came out, it's kind of a Western style (NOT like country/rodeo, more like vintage) and I loved it but trying it on at the store there was just no way it was going to fit me. I saw it several times in various Target stores, often on clearance, and finally ordered it on their site in December for a crazy low price. When I received it, I tried wearing it with a tank underneath and the look just did not work...so it went into my closet and then one day earlier in this month, I put it on and it looked cute and fit me fairly well. I am wearing it again today and it fits even better :-)
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    These are some amazing NSVs!

Mine is that yesterday I went indoor rock climbing for the first time ever. It was hard but I loved it! I kept thinking to myself that 30 pounds ago, I would never have been able to haul myself up that wall. I also loved feeling strong, and getting in some strength training exercises in an unusual way. I got an online deal that allows me to go to the same rock climbing center again in 30 days; my goal is to improve my upper body strength in the meantime (my forearms ACHED!) so that I can do even more difficult climbs when I go again!

Cheers to everyone's NSVs! :drinker: I'll definitely be coming back to read more of this thread.
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    These are awesome, way to go, all of you!
    Mine is how much my endurance has improved over the winter. Last summer/fall, I had trouble running for more than a minute or two at a time. On Saturday, I ran 6.5 miles without having to slow to a walk! I'm thinking about trying a half marathon later this year.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    At this time less than 1 year ago I weighed 255 pounds and couldn't run for more than 1 minute without needing to stop. This weekend I completed a sprint duathlon (2 mile run - 13.5 mile bike ride followed by another 2 mile run). Pretty proud of myself for that.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    ...When I stopped I wasn't dead....

It's amazing what you can do with your mental strength! Our bodies can (usually) handle way more than we think.

Hooray for NSV's!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Yesterday, BF finally went to the gym! He refused to be left behind while I am getting fit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!