NSV today! Share yours?

Options

Replies

• petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tried on every single thing in my wardrobe and found NOTHING that didn't fit (even the skinny clothes I had been keeping for "one day") Its amazing when you look at belts you had to make your own holes in and now you are on the 4th hole or something. What an amazing feeling and a huge motivation to keep going!! I would open my closet door (before) and do an inventory of what wasn't "too tight" to find something to wear. Feels great to look in and know I can wear everything! Woot! How your clothes fit is a way more telling metric (to me anyways) than the pesky scale (although I do weigh everyday... ) I just don't get freaked over small fluctuations!

Love to see these NSVs on here! You guys are awesome!!

P
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    MY NSVS are from this weekend.

Saturday I went to Disneyland and had absolutely no worries in the world about fitting on rides. IT WAS FANTASTIC.

Yesterday I went to the Padres/Dodgers Opening night game (padre fan) and we won woo hoo
    But as I was walking through the crowd, this woman grabs me and tells me I love your hair and you are f'ing beautiful and kisses me.

NSV for sure.
  • FatNFightingIt
    FatNFightingIt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Donated ALL of the clothes in my closet that had a 2X size on them.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My first one is, that one of my shirts that is a size smaller then what I wear is fitting better.
    The second is, that my current shirts are overall looser then usual.
    The third is, I might be needing new belts soon.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have a couple.

1. I actually had something to enter in my workplace's wellness tracking for the last quarter. I averaged 26 minutes a day for exercise in the last 3 months.

2. DH and I have committed to a exercise plan for the next 10 weeks. We have it on our calendars so have the time blocked off 6 days a week in both the mornings (yoga) and the evenings (alternating cardio or weights). We are both committed to getting fit in 2014.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    OP, awesome NSV! Everyone else, awesome NSV's!

Last week I was doing 30DS because I was bored and when stretching at the end I could finally reach beyond my toes. The week before I went running after recovering from a sprained ankle and only had to walk because of bad footing, not because I was out of breath, and for the last 1/2 mile was holding a conversation about my dog with another runner. This was after not running all winter because of the crappy weather. And I can't believe I just typed that I did 30DS because I was bored.
  • sandjar131
    sandjar131 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I pulled an old suit jacket out of the closet to try on - it used to juuuust barely button. If I had to sit down, I had to unbutton it.

It was so big on me, I looked like a kid wearing my dad's jacket :).
  • Mommy23js
    Mommy23js Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!! Since most of us dont wear the number on the scale around our necks, the NSV's are really what make these journeys fun.

I have had several (lots of new, smaller clothes, compliments, new ID badge at work with my skinnier face) but my fave was yesterday.

I picked my daughter up to take her to a class. We were running late and she was with a friend at a restaurant. My daughter and her friend waited outside the restaurant for me, and when i arrived and stepped out of the car to grab her bag, the friend's mom ran out of the restaurant thinking the person my daughter was leaving with, was NOT her mom. The friend's mom had not seen me since Thanksgiving, and had no idea I had lost weight, and did not recognize me.

I still have a ways to go in my journey, but it sure is nice to have moments like that.
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1.) Family reunion this weekend and I kept my food mostly in check. I did eat a little junk food and dessert but no where near what I used to. I spent a little time in the gym each day and went swimming both nights and even lead family water aerobics. Keeping your food in check and exercising really works...go figure

2.) On the Jillian Michaels yoga Meltdown and 30 ds I can do more and more each time I do them. That is one of the best feelings in the world to noticeably be doing more everyday.
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I had to switch to my fake wedding ring because my old one (that barely fit on my finger on our wedding day) was sliding off.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Tried on every single thing in my wardrobe and found NOTHING that didn't fit (even the skinny clothes I had been keeping for "one day")

I did this over the weekend and even came out with things that were too big, that were from my original goal clothes bucket. I filled two bags full of stuff that is going to the goodwill!!)

Everyone of these NSV's are awesome! Great job everyone!
  • MrsV1983
    MrsV1983 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mine is from Saturday night but I'm still riding the high...I ran into a group of people I haven't seen in about 5 years, during which time I've had two babies but weigh 65 lbs less than when I knew them. I cannot tell you the comments and compliments I got...and the shocked looks when I told them not only have I lost all this weight but I've also had two babies! One guy's mouth just hung open for like five minutes and when he finally spoke, he was stuttering and shaking his head. It felt so good since I don't really "feel" different or see myself differently physically between now and then...I needed it too b/c I have been getting discouraged lately, but that motivated me to continue on my goal of losing another 10 lbs.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Great appointment for my yearly physical with a ton of positive feedback from the doctor!

The only sad part was that she was initially worried rather than happy, as she's seen far too many people drop weight quickly and in unhealthy ways rather than taking their time and staying healthy.
  • amylb0822
    amylb0822 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All my rings are getting too loose to wear. Going to have to have jewelry resized eventually, but in the mean time, I picked up some fun fashion rings for the summer.

There is no sense paying the jeweler to resize things until I get to my goal... and I need bling!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Woot! These are ALL SO AMAZING and FUN to read! Being the OP, I got to "humble brag" a bit, OK...I got to brag! But reading all of your successes is so motivating...maybe I had ulterior motives. :wink: I'm not that devious...but I will be reading, and rereading all, whenever I need a little boost of motivation! Thanks to all who shared and KEEP 'EM COMING! :flowerforyou:
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Cleaned out my closet today, I was in a tight 16 and all the 14s fit. I have a nice pile of stuff going to be donated. The problem? I only have two pair of dress pants, two pair of jeans and a few tee shirts. I did just buy some workout clothes so I do have those. What a problem to have huh? I'll take it.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend my husband picked out a dress for me for an event we are going to this weekend. It was short and I was scared to try it on since I have only worn long dresses (my wedding 6 years ago and my sister in laws wedding 2 years ago) and pants to everything since I hated my legs since my weight gain a few years back.

I tried it on and not only was it a large in juniors but it looked adorable! I am actually excited to wear it this weekend even better is my husband who is the most honest person I know said how awesome it looked and he is glad I have my confidence back to wear things like that. :blushing: Its been a long time since I have worn cute dresses or anything showing my legs.

Now onto my next goal....wearing shorts to our local Honey and Wine festival in May. :bigsmile:
  • Trashtruck
    Options
    My husband told me he is proud of me. Those five words rock. :)
  • hockeymomchicago
    hockeymomchicago Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is I'm feeling very stressed today between work, home and school and instead of going and getting some candy I'm drinking more water and taking a walk shortly. I'm NOT going to stress eat and feel worse later. :)
  • dewaltfan
    dewaltfan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This morning I had to go with a co-worker to get 3 sheet cakes for a couple of people who are retiring this week. We then had to cut them and hand them out to everyone in the plant. Not only did I not have any, but while cutting them I didn't lick any of the frosting off my fingers. Then went to Panera for lunch and picked up a Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad for lunch and was quite full from that. I would normally have at least a piece of the cake if not 2.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!