NSV today! Share yours?

Options

Replies

• ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My boobs got smaller!!! (Been a DD to E cup for 10 years. Going to a C is a godsend)
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I tried on "sassy" colored workout pants at Kohl's in a size junior XL and after a moment of holding them up saying to myself "these are never going to fit," I put them on -- and guess what? They went right on. Needless to say I made some purchases!

(I'm 6'0 tall and started MFP wearing a women's 3x)
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is small but simple- everyone at my new gym knows my name (because I go so much!)
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Went back home to visit my parents and a girl I went to high school with checked us out at the store. She kept complimenting me, telling me how great I looked. :)
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My NSV might not be a biggie to some, but for me it is. I hate, hate, hate the stairclimber, but for the last few days have been doing it as I've grown bored with two months of working out on the treadmill. I have only pushed myself to do 500 steps, until today. Today I climbed for 1605 steps, the equivalent of walking up 100, yes 100, flights of stairs! I'm so proud of myself.

eta: went back for the last 395, to make it an even 2,000.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My NSV might not be a biggie to some, but for me it is. I hate, hate, hate the stairclimber, but for the last few days have been doing it as I've grown bored with two months of working out on the treadmill. I have only pushed myself to do 500 steps, until today. Today I climbed for 1605 steps, the equivalent of walking up 100, yes 100, flights of stairs! I'm so proud of myself.

That's wicked! Congrats!
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Tried on clothes at Kohls.. I was able to wear a medium shirt, size eight pants, and a six dress...Whoo Whooo!
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options

That's wicked! Congrats!

Thank you!!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    1. Last week I wore a dress which I haven't been able to wear in over a year because it was unflattering (not too tight, I could have worn it, but it was not at all flattering because of the way the fabric draped over my stomach). It looks good now.
    2. I also wore a pair of jeans which I also haven't been able to wear in over a year. They are still slightly more snug than I like to wear my jeans, but they looked good.
    3. I wore a skirt I haven't been able to wear in over a year due to being too tight. It fits great now!
    4. Finally, I tried on three pairs of pants I haven't been able to wear in over a year. They are still too tight, which I knew they would be, but I can put them on zip them up which I haven't been able to do in a long time. One pair should fit after losing maybe five more pounds; I probably need to lose about 10-15 more for the other two pairs.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So today I wanted to bust into some of my work polos that I couldn't wear before as they were too tight, well they don't even fit anymore they are too big! I was sad that now all those shirts cant be worn but so excited that I have really changed that much over the last few months. :smile:
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I literally read every single post of this thread. LOVE IT! A HUGE congrats to you all for every single NSV big and small.

On Saturday I walked 7.5 miles and although I got home achy (mostly my feet and ankles...damn these heel spurs) the next day I was brand new! That's my biggest NSV recently. I was so proud I didn't know what to do with myself.

I think my next HUGE NSV will be on March 22nd when I get on a plane for the first time since I started this journey. I'm hoping and praying I no longer need an extension. I don't think I will but then again, I have a pear shape so I'm bottom heavy. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!
  • vastiris
    vastiris Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    On Friday, attending a work conference (you know, the ones where they feed you ALL day and there's breakfast, lunch, and a cocktail hour?) at a nice hotel. Had plans for dinner and a movie directly after. Managed to stay away from all the snacks and desserts (oh, huge cookie, how you beckoned). Only went over slightly on calories, and this is after budgeting for a glass of wine at the cocktail hour and NO snacks. Big victory!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Started at a snug size 14 US and this weekend tried on a size 10 pant and they were too big, I could slide them off without unzipping them :bigsmile:
  • RenaHewitt
    RenaHewitt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had to move my car seat forward a bit to reach the pedals - I think my butt got a little bit smaller :)
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    After MONTHS of fear and dread of trying to do box jumps on the 2 foot high box at the gym, I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did my 10 on the 1 1/2' tall box and said to myself (like I have been doing for months as I stood in front of the 2 footer), today you're going to try this!! And I don't know what happened but this HUGE burst of adrenaline kicked in and I jumped and punched it!! I not only did the one, I added 9 more on the 2 footer!! For me it was a tear jerker and a HUGE accomplishment at how far I've really come in my weight loss and exercise journey!! Another trainer (mine wasn't there yet), who knows of my frustrations heard me screaming after the 1st one, "I DID IT!! I DID IT!!" and was there to cheer me on to do more!! It was a real huge moment for me!!

Another NSV came yesterday when 2 friends who haven't seen me in a while said, "holy s**t girl you have lost A LOT of weight!!" Whoot whoot!! Love those little moments of happy smiley faces!!
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I found a pair of size 5 shorts in my closet that I haven't worn in freakin' ever and they fit perfectly. Now I don't have to buy new shorts. YESSS!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Two laps at the Spartan race this weekend. Second lap, only had to burpee the rope climb and the monkey bars!
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This weekend... did 3 miles ...

First was about 14
    Second was about 13.50
    And the last was under 13

Today a pair of pants that were comfortable I noticed are now getting loose. Like enough I could pull them off without unbuttoning.
  • killervogel5
    killervogel5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSV is when the host at the restaurant asks "Booth or table?" and I don't have to care where they seat us.:happy:
  • Logluc
    Logluc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 5 miles in 49.44! Whoohoo!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!