What is the saddest user submitted food entry you've seen?

Options
So we all do our best to try to reduce the amount of calories in the things we like to eat. It might be as simple as putting less sauce on foods, it might be as extreme as baking with sugar substitutes. Sometimes its worth it, sometimes its not, but we've all tried something like that at some point.

Every so often though I run across a user submitted entry that is truly sad. For example, the other week I was searching for an entry for a doughnut I'd eaten and I ran across an entry titled, "Donut - Frosting Removed". :sad: Why do this to yourself? If you've made the decision to eat the doughnut, then eat the doughnut. I'm curious what other horrible food abominations you guys have run across in your fitnesspal travels.

As a corollary, I'd also love to hear any hilariously misguided alterations. For example on many occasions I've seen entries for fast food items logged as "whatever burger - no mayo" which mysteriously cuts the calorie count in half.

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I kind of like plain donuts. If it saves calories, why not? Not the point of this thread, but I got nothin' else.
  • JenCary123
    JenCary123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Last night I was looking up Rib Eye Steak- Grilled and I found an entry for 8 oz at 146 calories. Ummm... I don't think so! LOL
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i try to not worry about what others do, im busy enough worrying about my own shizz.
  • Soyajam
    Soyajam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've seen burritos in the database as "No beans, No rice, No sauce, No meat"

So... just salad in a tortilla then?

I laugh before I am overcome with pity for the poor person who had to go through removing the yummies from their food, and then log their shame :(
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    In
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    i try to not worry about what others do, im busy enough worrying about my own shizz.

this^^
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Cat food. Srsly. Look it up.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • action_man
    action_man Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Well, I mean I guess you've gotta keep your coat shiny while you lose weight...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I kind of like plain donuts. If it saves calories, why not? Not the point of this thread, but I got nothin' else.

That was my thought - except about the burger. I like mine with mustard, lettuce, tomato and pickle. It's not a sacrifice for me to leave off cheese, ketchup and mayo.

The saddest entries I see have 'no bread'. I love bread. And, yes, I have one or two of those entries from days I was backed into a caloric corner.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

I'd eat cat food before I ate Sperm.. And it's in the database. Scary huh?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

I laugh before I am overcome with pity for the poor person who had to go through removing the yummies from their food, and then log their shame :(

Perhaps it was a home made wrap - I don't think salad wraps are that weird at all.

Although not sure what the point of entering what was absent is.

Also, like PP, I don't like sweet sugary icing ( what you call frosting), can't see the point of eating it and getting unwanted calories.

Cat food ?? - yes, hard to come up with an explanation for that one.
    But I suppose the cat could be on a diet, have heard of dogs on diets before.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    One of my female MFP friends noted that semen is in the database. I didn't ask her why she looked it up.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Somebody choosing to have a doughnut with no icing is "sad"?

Having baked goods made with artificial sweeteners is "extreme"?

I swear, never in my life have I seen such an intense collection of food addicts than here at MFP.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    <
    Would remove the frosting simply because it is gross. Not sure why to each their own is such a hard concept for so many people. LOL
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I don't like donuts at al, frosting or no frosting.

Don't like mayo, and I'm lactose intolerant, so no cheese for me. I have pretty plain burgers.

I see many questionable entries in the database, which is why I read packages and do my own research on actual calories.

Don't pay that much attention to whether others' food entries are accurate because I'm too busy paying attention to my own.
  • zaellany
    zaellany Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    "The saddest entries I see have 'no bread'. I love bread. And, yes, I have one or two of those entries from days I was backed into a caloric corner."

I eat stuff without bread all the time because I'm gluten intolerant. It's a necessity, not a sacrifice...just sayin' :)
  • zaellany
    zaellany Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    One of my female MFP friends noted that semen is in the database. I didn't ask her why she looked it up.

That's funny, right there. :)
  • Sierry120
    Options

I literally laughed so hard I cried :drinker:
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I swear, never in my life have I seen such an intense collection of food addicts than here at MFP.

This!
    Not sure why to each their own is such a hard concept for so many people.

And this.