What is the saddest user submitted food entry you've seen?

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Olt3Tiu.jpg
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a whole-food snob nowadays (can't help it, comes with cutting a lot of processed food from my diet!) and I always wonder at how often I type in a food - carrot, beet, onion - into the database and so often the first 10/20 or so listings are for processed foods with the particular item added.

OK, maybe not all the time, and perhaps the whole food is the first few items. But still, I'll type in red onion and I still get "blablabla with red onion chutney" and a whole ton of other processed foods there. It's just weird to me.
  • jeannevdl
    jeannevdl Posts: 33
    Options
    I think you are confusing it with that on south park episode about sperm enhancing sport performance ;)
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The saddest thing I've seen is people kidding themselves on the calories. I saw one entry (for banana I think) which suggested one banana had 25g of carb, 1g of protein 0g of fat yet only 30 calories! If you don't know the calories but you know the carbs, protein and fat it's easy enough to come up with a reasonably accurate calculation.

That said I've never looked up cat food, semen or human flesh!
  • primobbwzombie
    Options
    I didnt know These Calories were way off..Now..Im really Worried...I want to do this Right..This is suppose to help not stress :(
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    One of my female MFP friends noted that semen is in the database. I didn't ask her why she looked it up.

Oh my goodness, but hey it could be a new accusation for people to throw out there when weight loss stalls or is nonexistent. "Have you considered your intake of semen?"
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Now I need to go look through the database to see what revolting items people have listed...

(I just typed in hair, but alas it was all Angel Hair pasta and Hair and nail supplements.)

(Similarly, 'Dog Food' just brings up hot dogs and corn dogs...)

OH! 'Brains' brings up *Brains - Brains (1.0 servings of 1/2 cup broiled brains is 1720 calories, 65 carbs 65 fats 65 protein, 30 sodium)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I swear, never in my life have I seen such an intense collection of food addicts than here at MFP

People who eat what they want in moderation are "addicts"?

:laugh:

"APRIL FOOLS!" - right?
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've been lied to all these years....sperm has no protein.!:devil:
    Cat food. Srsly. Look it up.

I'd eat cat food before I ate Sperm.. And it's in the database. Scary huh?
  • oxsarahhxo
    Options
    So semen is in the food database but sex isnt in the exercise database??? Why?
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I couldn't believe that sperm (human male) was in the database so I had to see for myself. It is. I'm surprised it has zero protein though...

Thats what i was thinking!! lol
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    thank god...

Human - souls - 0 cals...
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

Double :noway: :noway: :noway: OMG I wouldn't have the guts to enter either one. :laugh: :laugh:
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    and we know this is a flat out lie

*Walmart - Human Brains - 1cup - 149cals

...couldn't find a cup of brains in the whole store... :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • primobbwzombie
    Options
    and we know this is a flat out lie

*Walmart - Human Brains - 1cup - 149cals

...couldn't find a cup of brains in the whole store... :bigsmile: :laugh:

Bahahaha. Very Clever.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

It's just a little kibble...

3891002078_1a725edf2f_z.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    After I read this I had to see it for myself lol. There is an entry for horse semen extract. WTF???
    One of my female MFP friends noted that semen is in the database. I didn't ask her why she looked it up.

I laughed so hard I cried.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm more sad that most of the diaries I see feature like <%1 fresh fruits of veggies; everything is packaged and processed. That's what sad to me.

This! I get so frustrated that it is harder to find cherry tomatoes than it is the entire McDs menu. Not that there's anything wrong with fast food in moderation... but balance, people!

I see too many "no dressing" salads. For real - you "can't have" full fat ranch so you just eat dry lettuce?!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

It's just a little kibble...

3891002078_1a725edf2f_z.jpg

My kids have done this.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I love donuts with frosting, but I would turn down a donut if it had sprinkles...