What is the saddest user submitted food entry you've seen?

Options

Replies

• Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    I think someone has been counting their cat's calories :)

There are a lot of people who care so much about their pets' wellbeing

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/248873/caloric-needs-calculator-for-cats
    http://www.petobesityprevention.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Cat_Canned_Pouch_Foods.pdf

I ate catfood once when I was little though, I can't remember what it tasted like but I'm still alive ;)

One of my cats is on a diet right now. I just feed him slightly less and get him to move around more. He's just wicked fat, he liked to steal my skinny cat's food. But to me it makes no sense to count your cat's calories, it's not like you can track how much they burn. Haha. I wonder how people go about that.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've seen burritos in the database as "No beans, No rice, No sauce, No meat"

So... just salad in a tortilla then?

I laugh before I am overcome with pity for the poor person who had to go through removing the yummies from their food, and then log their shame :(

pretty much this!

I am also struck, often, by entries for restaurant burgers with no bun, no toppings - and not accompanied by any other food consumed at the same time. For me though it's more of a frugality issue than deprivation. So you went out with friends/family and paid $8 + tip for a plain beef patty at Red Robin? Wow. FTR I've eaten a fast food burger with no bun or 1/2 bun but that's a couple of bucks, on the run to get some quick protein. I just don't get it.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    After I read this I had to see it for myself lol. There is an entry for horse semen extract. WTF???
    One of my female MFP friends noted that semen is in the database. I didn't ask her why she looked it up.

I laughed so hard I cried.

Still laughing and pondering whether or not the person putting it in there was effing serious. I want to meet the person that thinks they got fat from...that.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I bow to the superiority of the OP who has never entered a 'sad' item into the food database.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options

I am also struck, often, by entries for restaurant burgers with no bun, no toppings - and not accompanied by any other food consumed at the same time. For me though it's more of a frugality issue than deprivation. So you went out with friends/family and paid $8 + tip for a plain beef patty at Red Robin? Wow. FTR I've eaten a fast food burger with no bun or 1/2 bun but that's a couple of bucks, on the run to get some quick protein. I just don't get it.

You never know what's going on. Maybe she shared a meal with a vegetarian and her friend gave her her burger patty or something.
  • BrendanScrote
    BrendanScrote Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Cat food. Srsly. Look it up.

I'd eat cat food before I ate Sperm.. And it's in the database. Scary huh?

How are you cooking the Sperm ?.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Never even thought to explore the food database obsessively in depth to notice. Lmao

Now I have an ideal if my life ever gets that painfully boring. Lol

Joking OP....lol :tongue:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

You never know what's going on. Maybe she shared a meal with a vegetarian and her friend gave her her burger patty or something.

True. I just assume that when I see "Red Robin, burger, no bun, no cheese, no toppings" and nothing else listed for dinner. But I also guess it's possible that they made a homemade beef patty and just logged that as an estimate...I would not do that, but I have done similar things.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Somebody choosing to have a doughnut with no icing is "sad"?

Having baked goods made with artificial sweeteners is "extreme"?

I swear, never in my life have I seen such an intense collection of food addicts than here at MFP.

You will also see posts by people glorifying things like HUGE THICK CRUST PIZZA, pie, poptarts, cake, ice cream, all kinds of fast food, etc. etc.
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm more sad that most of the diaries I see feature like <%1 fresh fruits of veggies; everything is packaged and processed. That's what sad to me.

This! I get so frustrated that it is harder to find cherry tomatoes than it is the entire McDs menu. Not that there's anything wrong with fast food in moderation... but balance, people!

I see too many "no dressing" salads. For real - you "can't have" full fat ranch so you just eat dry lettuce?!

Now this one I disagree with - I enjoy salad but hate all dressing. So if I'm out at a restaurant, I ask to have no dressing...would I be better off having nothing on the side, or choosing chips instead?
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    One container??!! I can't stop laughing.

2n15c1.png
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    One container??!! I can't stop laughing.

2n15c1.png

For breakfast?!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    One of my female MFP friends noted that semen is in the database. I didn't ask her why she looked it up.

You're supposed to put egg whites instead so your friends don't know what you were up to this morning.
  • annetteh145
    annetteh145 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So we all do our best to try to reduce the amount of calories in the things we like to eat. It might be as simple as putting less sauce on foods, it might be as extreme as baking with sugar substitutes. Sometimes its worth it, sometimes its not, but we've all tried something like that at some point.

Every so often though I run across a user submitted entry that is truly sad. For example, the other week I was searching for an entry for a doughnut I'd eaten and I ran across an entry titled, "Donut - Frosting Removed". :sad: Why do this to yourself? If you've made the decision to eat the doughnut, then eat the doughnut. I'm curious what other horrible food abominations you guys have run across in your fitnesspal travels.

As a corollary, I'd also love to hear any hilariously misguided alterations. For example on many occasions I've seen entries for fast food items logged as "whatever burger - no mayo" which mysteriously cuts the calorie count in half.

The saddest ones I find are Lean cuisine frozen dinners or hot dog with bun for an entire dinner meal.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    The saddest are the ones where they are clearly lying to themselves by logging food as having less calories or other macro than they actually do.

Such as peanut M&Ms 40g bag 40 calories, 3g of sugar. lol

I take pleasure in correcting these with a "stop lying to yourself" edit note.

It's very frustrating when you are trying to log |& just come across aload of fake twaddle becuase someone can't be honest with themselves.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make a burger at home without a bun. I cut it up with the toppings I like.

But also maybe the person ordered a donut and then realized the frosting was gross. Or they have a child that only likes frosting and they only like donut. Don't be sad creating stories about a donut. Maybe they were donut taste testing and ate 5 different pieces of donuts.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    after reading some of these crazy things i want to look them up!!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options

You're supposed to put egg whites instead so your friends don't know what you were up to this morning.

Either way, it's protein :3
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Last night I was looking up Rib Eye Steak- Grilled and I found an entry for 8 oz at 146 calories. Ummm... I don't think so! LOL

I've seen that too! It's BS because steaks are very calorie dense. I thought whoever entered that is extremely delusional.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Cat food. Srsly. Look it up.

I'd eat cat food before I ate Sperm.. And it's in the database. Scary huh?

I absolutely would not!