linder4866 Posts: 11,080 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Hello friends and welcome to April!!!

Lin in Central Iowa
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Happy April! Had too much of a good thing last evening and am paying for it with an unhappy stomach. BUT, I kept a calorie deficit!! Actually, I'm blaming the over indulgence; could just as easily been the Lean Cuisine lasagna that I had for dinner. I rarely eat those things and never the lasagna before. I also hit over 13,000 steps on s work day!

Because of the feeling of an imminent upchuck, I am staying at home for a bit this morning. One, I feel really yucky and two, I don'tt want to share just in case it's not food related.

My goals for April include getting back to some strength/core training in addition to meeting an 11,000 step goal at least 5 days per week. I am also going to try hard to eat no more than 100 of my exercise calories to see if the scale will start moving again! I must also find some balance in my life so that work and food prep doesn't take up 90% of my waking hours. I have six months to be out of this house and I don't feel any further along now than I did six months ago,

Michele, my fellow bargain hunter, you would be proud. I printed off 70 cent coupons for Kashi cereal and took them to my local Harris-Teeter where my eVic special had Kashi Go-Lean cereal st $1.97 per box. First of all, H-T doubles all coupons up to $1 so that was immediately $1.40 off per box. Well, they were out of the smaller sized boxes that were on sale, so a manager gave me the large box for the same price. I got two boxes of $5.97 cereal for 57 cents each!! I was proud!! Has anyone tried a lightly sweetened cereal like that as a topping for a fruit cobbler?

Blarrggghhh! Even typing about food makes the nausea worse.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carol in sunny and soon to be warm NC
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Happy April 1st All!:flowerforyou:

Only have a few minutes since I have to get ready for work but at least I popped on here and logged my food until dinner. And no, my lunch will not be Taco Bell! Yes, Barbie- we did break up for good. :laugh: I have some tough decisions to make about my future, so those that believe in the power of prayer, I could use some. I will be back soon to set some goals for this month and wish all of you a very happy springtime! :heart:

Kathy in gloomy IL
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Happy April Ladies,

Barbie, thank you for keeping this thread going. The graphic is beautiful!

Michele, I feel much better, thanks! I'm a redhead, so my legs don't come out at all. I wear capris, never shorts.

Dee, thanks for the sunscreen reminder, everyone should wear sunscreen! Strength training will help metabolism. I have been at it for 3 years, I train 3 times per week, 25-30 min per session.

Amanda, thinking of you. Make plans to see your doctor soon.

Yanniejannie, glad you are calling Gwen's sister and that her physical health is improving. Enjoy lunch and the sunny day. The pie sounds yummy!

Welcome to everyone new! Stop by often, this is a great group of ladies!

I read a list of things skinny people do, here are some of what I remember.
    Eat breakfast
    Exercise
    Portion Control
    Drink lots of water
    Eats lots of vegetables and fruit
    Weigh every day
    Get enough sleep
    Eat clean

April goals:
    Lose 2 more pounds
    Add 1 new healthy recipe to my collection ( March was homemade protein bars)

My word for life is "thankful"

Hugs and prayers,

Cindy in OK :heart:
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Happy April everyone, got to finish up the taxes today. What a headache. Tigress in GA
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lisa, and I live way up in the snowy U.P. of Michigan. I'm only a few pounds from my goal, so I need to step up the exercise to get there. The last couple of weeks I haven't lost anything, and in fact put a pound back on due to several special occasions involving food.

I rarely go over my calorie goal, but do still want too much sugar. I find myself saving calories for that, instead of using them for healthier foods.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Good morning. April is one of my favorite months, so I'm hopeful that it will be better than the last few. I went to the doctor yesterday for my yearly physical. It was not pretty. I tried to talk to the doctor about feeling tired and slightly depressed, but he always seems to think my problems would get better if I just lost some weight. Well, duh! Would it hurt to want to feel good now? I did get him to write me an order for a thyroid screening, so I guess that's something.

I figured he would want to do another bone density test since I had a broken bone, but he didn't even seem to care. I wish he would retire. I hate change and am not going to do it myself.

Wearing my blue for autism awareness today. I missed the post about wearing purple last Wednesday, but I wore it anyway. Some days I do get it right in spite of myself!

No goals, because I'm tired of not achieving them. I'm going to work on my physical therapy, eating right, logging, and walking. I would like to at least be able to see the orthopedist in May with progress on my supination. So I guess I do have a little, bitty goal!
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy April. Thank you Sylvia for the invite.

I'm Bonnie and live in NC. My exercise passion is cycling when I'm not riding, I'm thinking about riding :happy:

Spring seems to have taken forever to arrive, but yesterday and today is making me feel like it is finally here. March left me a little disconnected from my direction. I believe part of my floundering was due to feeling a little overwhelmed.

Dividing up my April goals into three categories; 1) Personal 2) Caloric 3) Exercise.

1) Personal - Do not take life too seriously. Have fun and enjoy each moment. Remember yesterday is gone and can only hurt me if I try to live there. Tomorrow isn't here and can only hurt me if I try to live there. Today is what is important so enjoy it while I can.

2) Caloric- Shoot for an appropriate net … right now that is 1290 … always remember that calorie burn is cumulative over several days.

3) Exercise - Yoga once a day, Ride, Spin, Elliptical, Hike, or Run at least 5 days a week (let's be real I won't be running LOL). Strength train 3 times a week.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend as my Daughter-in-law and I are going on a three day bike ride on the Coast. I'm also looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Bonnie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Read the posts from the last few days. I didn't have time to respond.

Deedee:drinker:

Michelle yes it feels good to donate and in some cases just toss. Our house could certainly stand more of it.

I am finding making a commitment to doing something healthy for myself daily is helping me stay on track. My goal for March was do just that. Our family is going through some major stresses right now and doing something healthy for myself daily does not change the stress, it just makes it easier to bear. Yes I feel I met my March goals. For April I will continue the goal of doing something healthy for myself daily. This goal comes from watching my sister die from breast cancer. She would say to me I will start taking care of myself tomorrow. Her tomorrow did not come.

GoaL:
    To do something healthy for myself today, so I wake to a healthier tomorrow.
    Finish updating my spring clothes and donating or tossing those clothes that do not fit, are worn, and do not help me look my best.

2014 word:contentment
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,

Been reading everyone's goals and am working on mine. Trying not to overwhelm myself with all that's happened over the past several months but am anxious to move forward and get back to the business of living instead of surviving each day.

Meg, I listened to most of the game on the radio yesterday since I was out running errands and getting Aaron from school.

Finished my T25 plus another 30 minutes of light cardio "cool down". Working on some organizing around the house and have some work to do.

Will be back later with my goals.

Enjoy your day!

Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    We're off to a great start for April! Welcome to the new ladies who have joined us, I look forward to reading about your successes! Just posting my goals for April on here. I am resetting my motivation for success on this journey! (I started to write I am trying to reset, but decided I needed a positive statement, not a maybe)

Goals for April
    Release 5 pounds because if I lose it, I might try to find it again!
    Curves 3x/wk with some other exercise at least one other day
    Record foods on MFP
    Planks and core exercises for at least 10 minutes daily
    Spend 5-10 minutes daily enjoying sights and sounds of spring

Jeri
    from cloudy, WINDY, and chilly NW Illinois
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.

Eileen from rainy (thankfully!) San Diego
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I fell way off the wagon, but April 1st seems like a great day to get back on track! My goals for April are....

1. Walk the dog at least five mornings each week.
    2. Release :wink: at least 5 pounds.
    3. Remember that I must take special care of myself!

Tere
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy April!

March goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow: I did this and am pleased with my persistence.

2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able: Met this goal except while traveling. No strength training though. Still too wimpy.

3. Find a way to have fun at least once every day: Made it! It has been a good month.

4. Water: Still a bit on the flaky side.

April Goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.

2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.

3. Find a way to have fun at least once every day.

4. Water: Pay attention to water intake and drink frequently during the day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy April:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Mri done.
    My 1st goal is to see what`s going on with the knee so I can plan exercise.Food wise,eat better and stick to calories.
    Welcome new ladies.:drinker: :drinker:
    HUGS:heart::heart:
    jane
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Tere - great to see you back! :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to the new people. :flowerforyou: Stick with it and stick with us! Some of you have posted quite ambitious goals - there is nothing wrong with that, but don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen. :flowerforyou: Keep on keeping on.:bigsmile:
    I've packed my bag, (mostly), the cake has been trimmed and cut in half by me as I didn't have the patience to wait for DH to get round to it, so it is very wonky. Never mind, the icing will hide a multitude of sins. :laugh: Tastes good, as far as I could tell from the trimmings.:tongue: The very top bit was a bit overdone, but that has come off so it should be fine.
    DH is outside washing the Sahara dust off the new car. It's covered! Unfortunately the forecast isn't too great for Thursday, our main day with the convertible. I hope we will be able to have the top down for a couple of hours! Must pack a headscarf! Ive packed some 100 calory snacks as our mealtimings will be all over the place and I can get very hypo. We are so unsophisticated these days that we eat very early usually, so I will be STARVING by 7.45 when the canapés are served! ! ! :laugh: :tongue: :laugh:
    Time to calm down now. Breathe. All will be well.:smile::smile: :smile:
    Decided I couldn't cope with cooking anything sophisticated tonight so it's bacon, eggs and tomato with stringless beans. Then I'm off to the W I bake off.
    Thank you Barbie for keeping us all together and for your lovely glitter!

Heather in sunny, warm and Saharan Hampshire UK
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy April to all: Welcome to all those who are new.

My March goals were to average 7500 steps per day on my fitbit. I did that, this last week was 8263 per day!!!! I also wanted to go up one weight plate on the machines at the wellness center and I have done that too. My last goal for March was to continue my preparations for retirement. I worked my last fulltime day last Friday so apart from dealing with large doses of prednisone my March was good and I was able to maintain my weight.

My goals for April are to average 8000 steps per day on my Fitbit. I am going to continue at the present weight level but try to up the repetitions for weights. I will ride my horse at least three times this month weather allowing. My words for this year are "embrace change".

Heather - The Jag trip sounds like so much fun! Traveling mercies to you.

Wishing everyone the best of luck with their April goals. Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My goal is to just keep on logging and doing the best I can.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

P.S. Alison: you are not a slug and there's a reason you slept 11 hours (yay!). :bigsmile:
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Bumping in to save my place for later :flowerforyou:

Jill in western MA

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: