Five Food You Must Not Eat!

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Brussels sprouts--food shouldn't smell like that
    Lima beans--just yuck
    Spinach--tastes like grass clippings
    Licorice--included under this is anise flavoring (we called it *kitten* flavoring growing up) and sassafras (my grandfather makes sassafras tea. yuck)

I could only come up with four. ETA: I forgot eggplant. Squishy yuck.
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    Other People

Infants

Dogs

Cats

Roadkill

Would this include Soylent Green? Last I heard it was made out of people?

I have already sworn off eating any Raw Vegans. I guess marking cooked Vegans off the list too wouldn't be too restrictive.

ETA: The spelling in my posts in no way reflects the quality of the education system in the Ukraine.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    It is perfectly ok to have a little baby seal on a cheat day...geesh.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Does anyone have an actual list of those? I'm looking to mix up my diet a bit and thought I may as well start there.
    Seafood/fish
    Green beans (blech!)
    Coffee-flavored anything
    Canned pasta sauce
    Limburger cheese

Your 1-3 makes up about 75% of my diet.

B.O.O.B. Official Oogler
    IKEA Professional Bathroom Creeper
    Boxfolding Class Attender
    Been un-fit for about 42 years and have studied fantasy football, German schiesse videos, and male growth cream
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Brussel sprouts! So nasty...

I'm in love with brussels sprouts. I have had them nearly every day of the week for the last two weeks. I want to marry them.

Not sure about the marry part, but roasted or grilled brussel spouts are wonderful!
  • kamac413
    kamac413 Posts: 6 Member
    How about you just eat healthy unprocessed foods and not worry about the "magic" list? There isn't a magic list. Weight loss (Body fat reduction) takes time and effort. If you want to chose a "magic" shortcut you will ultimately lose a golden opportunity to change your lifestyle to something sane and healthy .... and you will gain every last pound back plus 10. Remember ... whatever you eliminate now completely, you will NEVER be able eat again because you haven't learned how to manage yourself. It's better to learn portion control, eat more healthy foods, and keep everything else in moderation.
  • not only would i not eat it.... it scares me to death!

cocksoup_3.jpg
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Pineapple on pizza. While both pineapple and pizza are delicious on their own, there is no place in society where the two combined should be allowed.

seconded
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Does anyone have an actual list of those? I'm looking to mix up my diet a bit and thought I may as well start there.
    Seafood/fish
    Green beans (blech!)
    Coffee-flavored anything
    Canned pasta sauce
    Limburger cheese

Your 1-3 makes up about 75% of my diet.

B.O.O.B. Official Oogler
    IKEA Professional Bathroom Creeper
    Boxfolding Class Attender
    Been un-fit for about 42 years and have studied fantasy football, German schiesse videos, and male growth cream
    Well then you are WRONG!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Ok, but srsly! Well not exactly srsly, but has anyone seen enough of those "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" Ads to figure out what the five foods they want on the Sh*tlist are? I've seen a banana and a pickle (or cucumber not sure which cause I don't have taste enabled on this computer.)

I went thru that whole thing. And I can't remember 5 things!!!! :noway: But I know bananas, orange juice were on the list. I wanna say white bread and a couple of other things. Enough to know that I disagree with those things. Gotta have bananas for the potassium. It's free to look at it, but yes, they want to SELL you their diet.
  • dcaiani
    dcaiani Posts: 2,819 Member
    Pineapple on pizza. While both pineapple and pizza are delicious on their own, there is no place in society where the two combined should be allowed.

Whats wrong with you? Can't beat a good Hawiian pizza!!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    According to your topic: If you are looking to lose weight, stay away from any "white" food - bread, pasta, rice, etc. Stay away from ANY carb and ANY sugar. Don't know how much you are trying to lose, IF that's the case, but stick to a Meditteranean diet - lots of greens, fish, chkn, turkey, veggies, coconut oil / olive oil and nuts.

eating greens is boring though

Guess you don't know how to cook then :) Hook that ish up w/ seasonings, butter or a cream sauce. YES you can eat butter and cream sauces, no margarine though.

Maybe to start with, I was just making some jokes.... but what's wrong with margarine?
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Beets

Spotted ****

Scrapple

Liver

Lard

Beets, pickeld only ... are fine
    I happen to love fried liver... and liverwurst too ( german/norwegian thing)

Lard is in my house, not for food though, but because i make soap

My list

Poke (poke sallet)- anything that is So poisonous you have to boil drain and then boil again is simply NOT food.
    Kidney
    head cheese
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member

seconded

third
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    I eat all of them

You eat:
    Other People

Infants

Dogs

Cats

Roadkill

???

those are the five foods you MUST NOT EAT!

Yeeeeeeessss, But the person I quoted with the 'eat all of them' posted right after you, so I just wanted to clarify whether she meant all the foods you listed...
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    IMHO, a load of crap. Eat what you want as long as it fits within your calorie limit. If you're looking to accomplish something specific, I know that people play around with their micros. As long as it is considered food, go for it. YMMV, etc.

Agreed, but I do have a list of "not eats" :

-artificial sweeteners
    -preservatives
    -margarine

+1
    I eat what I want in moderation and therefore don't usually binge eat due to cravings. It's more sustainable. But I am on board with I don't consume aspartame which is an artificial sweetner and try not to buy things with preservatives, I make a lot of my foods homemade due to the preservatives.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member

QFT!!! what the heck ! who thought of this noxious combo - but i persist in making/ordering , because my kids love it , the + for me is it literally has NO temptation value , and i can joyfully eat whatever else while they nosh on that vile concoction