Replies

• DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Humans!!!!
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ok, but srsly! Well not exactly srsly, but has anyone seen enough of those "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" Ads to figure out what the five foods they want on the Sh*tlist are? I've seen a banana and a pickle (or cucumber not sure which cause I don't have taste enabled on this computer.)

I went thru that whole thing. And I can't remember 5 things!!!! :noway: But I know bananas, orange juice were on the list. I wanna say white bread and a couple of other things. Enough to know that I disagree with those things. Gotta have bananas for the potassium. It's free to look at it, but yes, they want to SELL you their diet.

Ding ding ding ding! And we have a winner! (sort of)

Thanks for your answer. So I can at least add Orange and probably White Bread to that list of their "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" .

I have listened to and read a lot of the stuff in the ads but haven't been able to extract all "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" from the presentations either.

I, sadly enough, watched that whole thing once a long time ago and was pissed when it actually got to the foods you shouldn't eat, but I can't remember them all, I was pissed because it wasted a lot of my time and when they actually got to the food, I called bullsh*t, banana's, corn, orange juice and can't remember the other 2. I really thought it was going to be useful information, I should have known better.

Adding Corn! Thanks!!!!

NO!

Don't simply cut out random foods just because someone half remembered some crappy book/documentary/advertisement...

If you want to "mix up" your diet, as you suggested in the OP, how about just ADDING new foods to it? Go the grocery store and try a vegetable you've never had before. Get a new cookbook. Go to a new restaurant... Add diversity, don't subtract perfectly healthy (in moderation) foods.

I think his plan is to start by eating those foods???

Exactamundo!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Ok, but srsly! Well not exactly srsly, but has anyone seen enough of those "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" Ads to figure out what the five foods they want on the Sh*tlist are? I've seen a banana and a pickle (or cucumber not sure which cause I don't have taste enabled on this computer.)

I went thru that whole thing. And I can't remember 5 things!!!! :noway: But I know bananas, orange juice were on the list. I wanna say white bread and a couple of other things. Enough to know that I disagree with those things. Gotta have bananas for the potassium. It's free to look at it, but yes, they want to SELL you their diet.

Ding ding ding ding! And we have a winner! (sort of)

Thanks for your answer. So I can at least add Orange and probably White Bread to that list of their "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" .

I have listened to and read a lot of the stuff in the ads but haven't been able to extract all "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" from the presentations either.

I, sadly enough, watched that whole thing once a long time ago and was pissed when it actually got to the foods you shouldn't eat, but I can't remember them all, I was pissed because it wasted a lot of my time and when they actually got to the food, I called bullsh*t, banana's, corn, orange juice and can't remember the other 2. I really thought it was going to be useful information, I should have known better.

Adding Corn! Thanks!!!!

NO!

Don't simply cut out random foods just because someone half remembered some crappy book/documentary/advertisement...

If you want to "mix up" your diet, as you suggested in the OP, how about just ADDING new foods to it? Go the grocery store and try a vegetable you've never had before. Get a new cookbook. Go to a new restaurant... Add diversity, don't subtract perfectly healthy (in moderation) foods.

I think his plan is to start by eating those foods???

Ahhh - that makes more sense!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot, but what i eat fits into the category of "human food". I don't see the point in eating food that in not meant for our species. I prefer actual food. Just my personal preference, though.

Who decides what food is "meant" for humans or not? I wasn't aware that evolution was a conscious entity.

I was told in another thread that claiming humans are omnivores is an "outlandish assertion".

Have fun......

Yeah, it's one thing to be a vegetarian/vegan, but it's quite another to assert that humans did not evolve to eat meat. :laugh:
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Not in a way in they will make you fat, but I have a list of things I will not touch due to texture, taste or ethical reasons.

Water chestnuts
    Veal
    Foie gras
    Liver

I am with you on the water chestnuts. Every time I chew one I feel like going crazy. I can't get used to that feeling.

I love the texture of water chestnuts I just don't eat em because they don't smell like brussel sprouts.
  • richardheath
    Options
    I eat a lot, but what i eat fits into the category of "human food". I don't see the point in eating food that in not meant for our species. I prefer actual food. Just my personal preference, though.

Who decides what food is "meant" for humans or not? I wasn't aware that evolution was a conscious entity.
    I don't think anyone decided, it just is what is.
    Well, if we can get nutrition from it and it doesn't kill us, isn't that pretty much the definition of food? You can bet that someone, somewhere is eating it (whatever "it" is) right now...
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    n50000b9437662.jpg

This is a normal staple in my house, add peanuter icing for in between the layers.

Heaven!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I was told in another thread that claiming humans are omnivores is an "outlandish assertion".

Have fun......

Yeah, it's one thing to be a vegetarian/vegan, but it's quite another to assert that humans did not evolve to eat meat. :laugh:

I'm still waiting for his list of adaptations that prove we're supposed to have a plant only diet....
  • richardheath
    Options

Have fun......

Yeah being veg* is a perfectly fine choice today, due to modern technology like modern farming, refrigeration, transportation etc. I don't knock it. But we evolved to eat a variety of food: whatever we was available locally that we could kill or harvest, basically. If there was nothing to eat, we moved.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Have fun......

Yeah being veg* is a perfectly fine choice today, due to modern technology like modern farming, refrigeration, transportation etc. I don't knock it. But we evolved to eat a variety of food: whatever we was available locally that we could kill or harvest, basically. If there was nothing to eat, we moved.

I have many MANY respected colleagues in the field of ecology and evolutionary biology that are vegetarian or vegan for reasons of conscience and I have nothing but admiration for their dedication. These sorts of arguments would make them cry, or hurt someone, I'm not really sure which....
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Pineapple/Pizza? DELICIOUS.
    Brussel sprouts? Roasted with olive oil and kosher salt, DELICIOUS.

^^^ This!!!!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Have fun......

I agree. I'm aware that humans needed meat throughout certain times in order to survive, when there was no fruit and veg, or not enough. I'm very thankful for the ability of humans to eat meat, when necessary, because it lead to our survival in this rough world. However, in modern times, people eat way too much meat, and have convinced themselves that it's necessary to eat every day for the nutrients within. This, coupled with all the processed plant foods, and man-made chemicals, leads to widespread heart disease, diabetes and cancer.

I concede that humans can eat some animal products and remain healthy in spite of this, but i reject the idea that humans REQUIRE animal products for optimum nutrition. I also reject the idea that eating meat, especially when frequently, or in larger quantities, has no deleterious effects. Those ideas are just not supported by epidemiological studies.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Pineapple on pizza. While both pineapple and pizza are delicious on their own, there is no place in society where the two combined should be allowed.

I don't understand people who like pineapple on pizza. I just...I don't understand.

BBQ sauce base, chicken, bacon, pineapple, jalepeno and mushrooms. Best pizza there is.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    *kitten*, *kitten*, *kitten*, *kitten* and *kitten*. That's my list.

And fromunda cheese, which is found not far from *kitten*. Don't eat that.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    Pineapple on pizza. While both pineapple and pizza are delicious on their own, there is no place in society where the two combined should be allowed.

I don't understand people who like pineapple on pizza. I just...I don't understand.

BBQ sauce base, chicken, bacon, pineapple, jalepeno and mushrooms. Best pizza there is.

I've never tried a pizza with a bbq sauce for the base, but this makes me think I need to!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

I've never tried a pizza with a bbq sauce for the base, but this makes me think I need to!

Don't it's also wrong.................IMO
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Soooo good. I dont remember the last pizza I ordered with a traditional tomato sauce base.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Don't listen to him! Order the pizza wtih bbq sauce. Dooooo it! :bigsmile:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

I reject the advice of anyone that does not concede to the awesomeness that is pineapple on pizza.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Have fun......

and if *it* didn't move fast enough, we ate it :)