Five Food You Must Not Eat!

Options

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Pineapple on pizza. While both pineapple and pizza are delicious on their own, there is no place in society where the two combined should be allowed.

I don't understand people who like pineapple on pizza. I just...I don't understand.

BBQ sauce base, chicken, bacon, pineapple, jalepeno and mushrooms. Best pizza there is.

I've never tried a pizza with a bbq sauce for the base, but this makes me think I need to!

Don't it's also wrong.................IMO

I reject the advice of anyone that does not concede to the awesomeness that is pineapple on pizza.

Your choice, I hope you can enjoy it like some others can!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Ok, but srsly! Well not exactly srsly, but has anyone seen enough of those "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" Ads to figure out what the five foods they want on the Sh*tlist are? I've seen a banana and a pickle (or cucumber not sure which cause I don't have taste enabled on this computer.)

I went thru that whole thing. And I can't remember 5 things!!!! :noway: But I know bananas, orange juice were on the list. I wanna say white bread and a couple of other things. Enough to know that I disagree with those things. Gotta have bananas for the potassium. It's free to look at it, but yes, they want to SELL you their diet.

Ding ding ding ding! And we have a winner! (sort of)

Thanks for your answer. So I can at least add Orange and probably White Bread to that list of their "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" .

I have listened to and read a lot of the stuff in the ads but haven't been able to extract all "Five Foods You Must Not Eat!" from the presentations either.

I, sadly enough, watched that whole thing once a long time ago and was pissed when it actually got to the foods you shouldn't eat, but I can't remember them all, I was pissed because it wasted a lot of my time and when they actually got to the food, I called bullsh*t, banana's, corn, orange juice and can't remember the other 2. I really thought it was going to be useful information, I should have known better.

Adding Corn! Thanks!!!!

NO!

Don't simply cut out random foods just because someone half remembered some crappy book/documentary/advertisement...

If you want to "mix up" your diet, as you suggested in the OP, how about just ADDING new foods to it? Go the grocery store and try a vegetable you've never had before. Get a new cookbook. Go to a new restaurant... Add diversity, don't subtract perfectly healthy (in moderation) foods.

I think his plan is to start by eating those foods???

Exactamundo!

And...you are getting a wide variety of suggestions to try :ohwell:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    but i reject the idea that humans REQUIRE animal products for optimum nutrition. I also reject the idea that eating meat, especially when frequently, or in larger quantities, has no deleterious effects. Those ideas are just not supported by epidemiological studies.

Bro...do you even lift?
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot, but what i eat fits into the category of "human food". I don't see the point in eating food that in not meant for our species. I prefer actual food. Just my personal preference, though.

Who decides what food is "meant" for humans or not? I wasn't aware that evolution was a conscious entity.

I was told in another thread that claiming humans are omnivores is an "outlandish assertion".

Have fun......

Yeah, it's one thing to be a vegetarian/vegan, but it's quite another to assert that humans did not evolve to eat meat. :laugh:

Yeah being veg* is a perfectly fine choice today, due to modern technology like modern farming, refrigeration, transportation etc. I don't knock it. But we evolved to eat a variety of food: whatever we was available locally that we could kill or harvest, basically. If there was nothing to eat, we moved.
    I agree. I'm aware that humans needed meat throughout certain times in order to survive, when there was no fruit and veg, or not enough. I'm very thankful for the ability of humans to eat meat, when necessary, because it lead to our survival in this rough world. However, in modern times, people eat way too much meat, and have convinced themselves that it's necessary to eat every day for the nutrients within. This, coupled with all the processed plant foods, and man-made chemicals, leads to widespread heart disease, diabetes and cancer.

I concede that humans can eat some animal products and remain healthy in spite of this, but i reject the idea that humans REQUIRE animal products for optimum nutrition. I also reject the idea that eating meat, especially when frequently, or in larger quantities, has no deleterious effects. Those ideas are just not supported by epidemiological studies.

OK, but that is quite a bit different from saying meat is not meant for our species. I agree we don't need it, although I'm not quite so sure I agree that the epidemiological studies are quite so clear cut on the harmful effects of meat. Plus, it tastes good ;-)

Processed food and "man made chemicals" are a whole 'nother kettle of fish really, and I'm too busy to get into all of that right now. Suffice it to say, I think we do best when eating as much fresh food as possible from diverse sources, but processed foods once in a while aren't going to kill us. Our (western humans in general) worst enemy right now is over consumption of everything, not any one thing in specific.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I eat a lot, but what i eat fits into the category of "human food". I don't see the point in eating food that in not meant for our species. I prefer actual food. Just my personal preference, though.

Who decides what food is "meant" for humans or not? I wasn't aware that evolution was a conscious entity.

I was told in another thread that claiming humans are omnivores is an "outlandish assertion".

Have fun......

Yeah, it's one thing to be a vegetarian/vegan, but it's quite another to assert that humans did not evolve to eat meat. :laugh:

Yeah being veg* is a perfectly fine choice today, due to modern technology like modern farming, refrigeration, transportation etc. I don't knock it. But we evolved to eat a variety of food: whatever we was available locally that we could kill or harvest, basically. If there was nothing to eat, we moved.
    I agree. I'm aware that humans needed meat throughout certain times in order to survive, when there was no fruit and veg, or not enough. I'm very thankful for the ability of humans to eat meat, when necessary, because it lead to our survival in this rough world. However, in modern times, people eat way too much meat, and have convinced themselves that it's necessary to eat every day for the nutrients within. This, coupled with all the processed plant foods, and man-made chemicals, leads to widespread heart disease, diabetes and cancer.

I concede that humans can eat some animal products and remain healthy in spite of this, but i reject the idea that humans REQUIRE animal products for optimum nutrition. I also reject the idea that eating meat, especially when frequently, or in larger quantities, has no deleterious effects. Those ideas are just not supported by epidemiological studies.

OK, but that is quite a bit different from saying meat is not meant for our species. I agree we don't need it, although I'm not quite so sure I agree that the epidemiological studies are quite so clear cut on the harmful effects of meat. Plus, it tastes good ;-)

Processed food and "man made chemicals" are a whole 'nother kettle of fish really, and I'm too busy to get into all of that right now. Suffice it to say, I think we do best when eating as much fresh food as possible from diverse sources, but processed foods once in a while aren't going to kill us. Our (western humans in general) worst enemy right now is over consumption of everything, not any one thing in specific.

Even worse is our consistent lack of activity.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Have fun......

He doesn't consume man made chemicals, so likely doesn't even drink water.
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    While I am willing to concede that humans have the ABILITY to eat pineapple on their pizza I refuse to believe that pineapple is REQUIRED for optimal pizza.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Have fun......

We probably agree on the processed food and chemical thing, and i concede that the occasional processed food likely wont kill us. I also agree that we have a problem with over-consumption. And i didn't quit meat because of a taste issue, so i agree there. No matter what your views on meat, i think all people can benefit from consuming MORE unprocessed plant food.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    While I am willing to concede that humans have the ABILITY to eat pineapple on their pizza I refuse to believe that pineapple is REQUIRED for optimal pizza.
    All nutritional info aside:
    You crazy! Pineapple and ham was one of the best pizzas i've ever had; i used to have it all the time. Also, try jalapeno and pineapple. No joke, the sweet and hot blend really well.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Anything my doctor claims is good for me.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    All nutritional info aside:
    You crazy! Pineapple and ham was one of the best pizzas i've ever had; i used to have it all the time. Also, try jalapeno and pineapple. No joke, the sweet and hot blend really well.

QFT right here. This guy lives on grass and even he knows that jalepeno and pineapple on pizza is excellent.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Grits

Boiled Peanuts

Mullet Dip

Boiled Cabbage

Olives

What you got against Grits!
  • CStellaGo
    CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    LOL- seriously love this topic....But mine are

1. Anything with a chaulk texture- seriously will vomit!
    2. Vomit
    3. Fried Cabbage- loved it once- got sick that night and now the smell of it makes me want to vomit.
    4. Completely agree with the Pineapple Pizza debacle!
    5. Might I add Peaches with Cottage Cheese (Or cottage cheese with any fruit for that matter- yuck!)
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an actual list of those? I'm looking to mix up my diet a bit and thought I may as well start there.

Nothing. Everything is okay in moderation as long as it fits into your macros. Even foods are incredibly processed/unhealthy are okay once in a blue moon, as long as you otherwise eat healthy. Cutting foods out of your diet indefinitely is not really healthy emotionally, as a healthy diet is moderate, balanced, and sufficient. If there are unhealthy foods you don't really enjoy, then feel free to avoid those. But if you're trying to cut out foods that you enjoy merely for the sake of health/weight loss, it's not really going to be sustainable.

Don't cut anything out indefinitely though. Eat as healthy as you can, and eat junk/treat yourself sparingly. Unless you have a food allergy/intolerance/etc. there really is no need to cut anything out. Water and soda are the only 2 drinks that are completely void of nutrition, and even soda is okay in variation (while water is obviously essential for hydration, derp). To the best of my knowledge, there are no foods like that.

Moderation and self awareness really is key. :)
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    foxglove
    holly berries
    water hemlock
    rosary pea
    belladonna
  • moosegt35
    Options

2. Vomit
    3. Fried Cabbage- loved it once- got sick that night and now the smell of it makes me want to vomit.
    5. Might I add Peaches with Cottage Cheese (Or cottage cheese with any fruit for that matter- yuck!)

You won't eat vomit? Well thats just weird, you ate it once didn't you, why not a 2nd time?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    There is some coffee in my office that should definitely be avoided.

...and I'm drinking it again. Sigh. Just needed to share.
  • CStellaGo
    CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
    Options

2. Vomit

You won't eat vomit? Well thats just weird, you ate it once didn't you, why not a 2nd time?

Thus have never trusted older brother trying to serve me "vegetable soup" ever again in my life....Ohh add vegetable soup to that list
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Vegetables. Just say no.
    Cottage Cheese. Even worse
    Chicken drumsticks, or any drumstick even. Nasty stuff
    Cream cheese, mayo, sour cream. Absolutely ruins whatever it's on

And leave those pineapples off the pizza. Unforgivable blasphemy to put pineapples and ham together on pizza.
  • fheppy
    fheppy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i love pineapple on a pizza. must be only with ham though you don't need other toppings.

hate brussel sprouts, kale, cabbage.

no ricecrisp as well.

i like salami with nutella :D like cheese with fruits as well.