Day by Day Challenge- part 2 (October)

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    I just want to say that I hope everyone has an excellent day!!!! It's hump day, so get your hump on and reach those goals.
    Jess...I was laughing so hard, I love that line "get your hump on!" lololol I read into it differently! :tongue:

Nam, what's up with the water? Im still drinking every hour! :)

Beth, glad to know that the water challenge is on its last day. Also, its good to know that the frequent trips to the bathroom lessens as the days go past.

I'm back from zumba, only did 30 minutes of the pilates. Going back for more zumba tonight.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    35 min for 5 km!!!!

:)

this is the last intense workout for the next week.... i m guessing i will just try walking for an hour everyday instead of hardcore training
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    So Wednesday's goals...
    1. Water water water. It's already 2.15pm and I've only had one cup.
    2. No booze if go out after work today.
    3. Keep within my cals. No exercise today so have to be extra good!

So my day is almost done so I can report back now.

1. I got myself up to 9 so far but will try and get through another couple before I head off to bed (hoping I don't need to pee all night)!!
    2. Declined the offer to go out to the pub but walked to the shops instead to buy new clothes (didn't find anything that took my fancy though).
    3. Within my cals today.

Goals for Thursday...
    1. Try and get out of work a little early so I can get to the Body Combat class on at 7pm. Am aching all over from training yesterday so want to get straight back in there so I don't get stiff!
    2. Water water water every hour if possible. Leela I'll try and join you on this tomorrow. I have an office day all day so it should be easier than normal (at least I hope).
    3. Cook dinner instead of relying on Marks & Spencer to feed me! That's what I've been having all week and it is becoming expensive!

Enjoy the rest of your day and see you tomorrow!
  • TeamLeela
    Nam, what's Marks & Spencer ?
    Going to set up Wednesday's goals:
    1. Drink a bottle of water every hour....it worked well today, going to try to do it daily.
    2. Keep up the good eating. Try to make smart choices.
    3. Zumba, zumba and more zumba.
    Check plus on all goals! wooohooo
    Thursdays goals:
    1. Drink plenty of high quality H2O!
    2. Do atleast 5 songs on Just Dance 2.
    3. Keep up the good eating!

I made it to the fruit market today to replenish my fruits and vegetables. I need to plan my menu for the next two days and hope that I can survive the weekend!
  • 10/27 Goals
    1.)NAM HAS TALKED ME INTO DOING IT!!! I am going to take my walking shoes and hit the treadmill at work!! Scares me to death though. ****WALKED OUTSIDE, WEATHER WAS PRETTY

2.)Do the pile of work that I put off today :( Ok I always put it off because I think it's stupid. I think it's the stupidest part of my job and could be MUCH more effective and efficient if done differently!!! ARG but they don't listen to me because they are scared of computers. "It may crash and lose everything" AMOST FINISHED JUST A LITTLE MORE TO DO THIS MORNING.

3.) Stay on this -watch sodium, watch cals, watch carbs, drink tons of water and NO alcohol thing. **ROYALLY SCREW UP YESTERDAY WITH A **** TON OF COOKIE DOUGH. FEEL LIKE CRAP TODAY

4.) Make it a better day than today. Usually I have GREAT days, but I can't predict the unpredictability.--WELL WORK DAY WAS GOOD, BUT THEN THE REST OF THE EVENING WENT TO FUDGE.

10/28 Goals:

1.) water water water, getting ready to start now.
    2.) even though I'm still upset by the things that upset me yesterday I will not eat cookie dough to try to feel better-it only made me feel worse and like a failure in this aspect of my life when I've been feeling like a winner. The cookie dough was easy to swallow and felt great, but knowing I screwed up is a hard pill to swallow.
    3.) leave early and get the kids. Take them home and get them ready for trick or treat tonight-without letting my attitude about yesterday and today get in the way of their fun and happiness.
    4.) watch everything. restrict like maniac since I was an idiot yesterday.

Thank you all so much for being here for me. I know it only takes a couple of keystrokes to say the nice things that you all say. But it's greatly appreciated that you take the time to do it.
  • nam14uk
    Jess try not to dwell too much on the cookie dough. That was yesterday and today is a new day so dust yourself off and you'll be back on track today I'm sure. You've been doing so so well that you can't let one small slip up undo all your hard work.

Enjoy going out with the kids tonight! I'm going over to my brother's at the weekend and will go with his little girl on her first Halloween outing!
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    So for today
    1. water last day of this challenge and its making it easier to actually drink all the water and I'm not going to the bathroom as much as I was the first few days
    2. clean living room clutter
    3. make healthy choices and save some calories for dinner tonight. Going out for dinner and well Del taco doesn't really have any healthy choices hehe But we acn't pass up the cheap dinner tonight. 99cent kids meals and even adults can get them. :happy: Can't cook that cheap.

Recap of yesterday....1.DONE:bigsmile: And continuing on today even though I don't need for the challenge. 2. Mostly done. Somethings just have no other home right now. 3. major fail but I was still under cals. Love the exercise cals for that one.

So today
    1 Go to WIC office to get the last of the checks I will ever receive. I'm not looking forward to having to buy all of the stuff they give us right now. But my daughter will be 5 end of Dec and then no more for her...
    2. Parent Teacher conference for my son. Looking forward to this one he's been doing really well as far as we know this year. He's been doing better than he did last year.
    3. Water gonna see how long I can keep this going.:happy:
    4. Dishes I really wish I had a dishwasher instead of having to use my hands all the time...

I just went thru here and read all of the posts and had me a nice laughing fit. I love you guys!!!

I'll be working on that water as soon as the construction crew gets it back on. Just had one of them come up to the door and tell me we hit your water we'll get it back on asap. Really hard to drink it when the water isn't working.

Well I'm off to get some things done today. Talk to you all later.
  • nam14uk
    Goals for Thursday...
    1. Try and get out of work a little early so I can get to the Body Combat class on at 7pm. Am aching all over from training yesterday so want to get straight back in there so I don't get stiff!
    2. Water water water every hour if possible. Leela I'll try and join you on this tomorrow. I have an office day all day so it should be easier than normal (at least I hope).
    3. Cook dinner instead of relying on Marks & Spencer to feed me! That's what I've been having all week and it is becoming expensive!

Morning all! Hope you had a good day yesterday and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

I passed on 1 and 2 but big FAIL on 3. After body combat I couldn't face the thought of having to go home and cook. My gym do such good food that I ordered chicken and chorizo salad and had that at home.

Leela - Marks & Spencer is an all around shop in that it has a large food section and clothes and homeware. Quite a few of their shops are just food. It's all so good and marked up with calories, fat, salt etc on the packaging. They do a really good line which has the right balance of carbs, fiber, protein, sodium etc in each meal so unlike some ready meals it's all controlled. Hope your trip to the fruit market was successful. I need to do some of that this weekend so maybe I will set it as a goal.

Jess - hope you had fun trick or treating with the kids last night. I so would have caved and eaten some sweets!

Ravyn - hope your construction crew got your water sorted. What a pain that must be.

Fitbot - how is the running going?

So my Friday's goals are:
    1. Gym this morning (no excuses even if I am knackered). *DONE ALREADY*
    2. Enjoy dinner out tonight and don't stress too much about the calories. I'm allowed one night off...right? :wink:
    3. Drinks loads of water throughout the day and the evening to compensate for going over cals.

I went training this morning before work so I wouldn't feel so guilty about eating out tonight.

We have to go to a really boring 'equality and diversity' training course this afternoon which is going to be soooooooooo boring. Will try and sit at the back so I can come onto mfp on my phone!! :laugh:

I'm in a super positive mood today (and very chatty in case you couldn't tell!!!) so I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY FOR EVERYONE!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 10/28:

1.) water water water, getting ready to start now. ***kicked it's butt!
    2.) even though I'm still upset by the things that upset me yesterday I will not eat cookie dough to try to feel better-it only made me feel worse and like a failure in this aspect of my life when I've been feeling like a winner. The cookie dough was easy to swallow and felt great, but knowing I screwed up is a hard pill to swallow. **no dough!! Lol
    3.) leave early and get the kids. Take them home and get them ready for trick or treat tonight-without letting my attitude about yesterday and today get in the way of their fun and happiness. ** they had a blast!
    4.) watch everything. restrict like maniac since I was an idiot yesterday. *** think I did good.

10/29:
    1.) water
    2) leaving early to go to my daughters Halloween party at school. Don't touch the cupcakes!!!
    3.)exercise at some point today!
    4.) fruits and veggies!
  • Thanks Nam. It was fun! We had a great time. No temptation really except for the Reese cups!! Lolol
    Did u go for the first trick or treat adventure?
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    suggestions on how i can still burn some calories without major sweating / usual work out? I cant do my usual sessions for the next week.... :(
  • TeamLeela
    Thursdays goals:
    1. Drink plenty of high quality H2O!
    2. Do atleast 5 songs on Just Dance 2.
    3. Keep up the good eating!

1. double check
    2. check
    3. check minus...I started off really good, but by the end of the night, the peanut m&ms were calling my name.

Friday's goals:
    1. Going to try a new class at the gym- cross training circuit. To help with my goal of adding more strength training. Also to burn off those pesky little chocolate candies.
    2. Keep drinking water. it will be harder today because it is so cold, but I will atleast get in 8 cups.
    3. Eat only what's on my preplanned menu.
    4. mop the kitchen floor.
    5. start on laundry so I don't have a mountain of it by Sunday.

Have a great Friday everyone!
  • for some reason it's not giving me the edit button????????? BUT I need to Edit the leaving early......... Now I'm going to have to pop in and out all day because my sons daycare made me feel bad and NOW I'm going to his parade too. So.......... I gotta find time to eat the right things and not be tempted by the cupcakes and cookies. Pray for me. Icing is my favorite thing on earth!

Lee: I FREEZE all day at work. I think it's because of all this cold water I'm drinking. We have a water cooler and I just keep filling my bottle up and it's really cold water. (just like I like it) But I keep 2 jackets on and my floor heater!!!! It's the water, I know it!
  • Ravyn1982
    So today
    1 Go to WIC office to get the last of the checks I will ever receive. I'm not looking forward to having to buy all of the stuff they give us right now. But my daughter will be 5 end of Dec and then no more for her...
    2. Parent Teacher conference for my son. Looking forward to this one he's been doing really well as far as we know this year. He's been doing better than he did last year.
    3. Water gonna see how long I can keep this going.:happy:
    4. Dishes I really wish I had a dishwasher instead of having to use my hands all the time...

Well got everything done yesterday:happy: My son helped with the dishes though.

Water is back on. But I have no access to the front side of my house right now. Which means I'm parking my car behind the house in the alley along with most of my neighbors since my driveway is on the front side of the property. Not happy about it because I can't park in my garage like I want to.

Goals for today
    1. grocery shopping this morning
    2. Water
    3. do some kind of exercise today and make sure I get a really good burn in when I do it. I know that dinner will be not so good for me but I'm making my pork roast for tonight and I use one of the worst cuts of pork to make it and have to leave the fat on it for it to taste right. Its one of those comfort foods for me though that I grew up eating. That I almost always end up turning into bbq pulled pork.

Well I'm off to start my roast and then leave to go shopping. The roast is a crockpot meal so its easy to do.

Have a good day everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • Ravyn1982
    Goals for today
    1. grocery shopping this morning
    2. Water
    3. do some kind of exercise today and make sure I get a really good burn in when I do it. I know that dinner will be not so good for me but I'm making my pork roast for tonight and I use one of the worst cuts of pork to make it and have to leave the fat on it for it to taste right. Its one of those comfort foods for me though that I grew up eating. That I almost always end up turning into bbq pulled pork.

So its not even dinner time yet and I've got all of my goals for the day done already!! :bigsmile:

So its a good start for the weekend that way!!

Goals for this weekend are....
    1. Laundry (including all the blankets)
    2. Find some trim for the kitchen floor
    3. Get carpet padding for the kitchen
    4. Pull up old carpet
    5. Lay the new to us carpet. We got it from my hubby's grandparents when they got new carpet in thier house. It was perfectly good carpet they really didn't need new carpet just wanted a new color.
    6. Enjoy Trick or Treating with my kids Sunday evening. It's our first time in the new neighborhood. Last year we got talked into going with someone else in one of the bigger house neighborhoods but the candy sucked and we didn't get nearly as many houses that way. This year we are gonna just do it here in our neighborhood where the houses are like almost right on top of each other.
    7. Reorganize the whole kitchen since we are redoing the floor.

Ok so the kitchen is going to take up pretty much all weekend. But right now I'd take the subfloor over the carpet that's in there. Its ugly and probably from the 60's when the house was built. The padding is all sorts of uneven too. That is of course if I can convince the hubby to actually do all of that work with me. If not I'll be back with new goals.

Have a good weekend everyone!!
  • nam14uk
    So my Friday's goals are:
    1. Gym this morning (no excuses even if I am knackered). *DONE ALREADY*
    2. Enjoy dinner out tonight and don't stress too much about the calories. I'm allowed one night off...right? :wink:
    3. Drinks loads of water throughout the day and the evening to compensate for going over cals.

Check, check and check! Had lots of fun last night but a bit of a sore head this morning!

Saturday's goals...
    1. Laundry - it's piled up a bit this week.
    2. Rest day but maybe do some light exercise even a walk around the area or at the shops. Was going to go to Body Combat this morning but felt achy from the last few days.
    3. Keep under cals today. I went over yesterday so must be good today.
    4. Don't forget that water is still important and mustn't forget about it at the weekend!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
  • 10/29:
    1.) water --***- I was doing really well and on the spot with the water, until kids parties and hubby's wreck.. But I'm not fretting.

2) leaving early to go to my daughters Halloween party at school. Don't touch the cupcakes!!! ---***3 halloween parties and all mixed with stress and I only took ONE bite of a cupcake.

3.)exercise at some point today! -***didn't want to soley count on the parade walk as exercise, but when I got home I just wanted to lay on the couch and watch a movie with my hubby because I was so glad he was ok

4.) fruits and veggies! *** ok on the veggies with dinner, but.........not the rest of the day. BUT I was on the road all day and I think I did pretty well.

10/30 Goals:
    1.) today I will play with my babies and have fun.
    2.) I will attempt to take a nap when they do because I'm tired from being stressed and I think it would be good for me.
    3.)water!!! Fruits and veggies.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    I'm baaack!! Yay! Just in time for a new month! So goals for today are...

1. Water!
    2. A short workout in the gym just to get myself back there.
    3. Start my laundry (which will be finished tomorrow)
    4. Start working ahead so I never have a week like last one again. lol.

Have a good day everyone!!
  • TeamLeela
    Friday's goals:
    1. Going to try a new class at the gym- cross training circuit. To help with my goal of adding more strength training. Also to burn off those pesky little chocolate candies.
    2. Keep drinking water. it will be harder today because it is so cold, but I will atleast get in 8 cups.
    3. Eat only what's on my preplanned menu.
    4. mop the kitchen floor.
    5. start on laundry so I don't have a mountain of it by Sunday.
    I failed at almost all the goals on Friday. 1. I didn't go to the class because I have been feeling really light headed and dizzy. So I worked out from home. 2. I have been doing great on drinking water. 3. I am trying to eat my preplanned meals, but they are so boring and routine. I really need more variety. 4. I didn't mop the floor. I still haven't mopped the floor as of Sunday night, it needs to get done asap. 5. didn't start the laundry. Again, I haven't had much energy to do anything extra.

Sunday 10/31/10
    I did make it to zumba today and yesterday I rode the bike for 9.61 miles. I even did 15 minutes of strength training.
    I want to avoid the halloween candy as best as possible. I don't want to start November in the hole.
    Try to accomplish some of the things that I avoided from Friday.
    I don't have much time to reply. but I will be on later to post some goals for Monday.
  • TeamLeela
    everyone must be out having an awesome Halloween. Are we starting a new board for November? I wasn't really sure but I'll just put my November 1 goal here!

Monday 11-1-10

1. put the chili in the crock pot early so it will be ready by dinner.
    2. workout after my daughter gets off to school.
    3. do abs and push ups first thing in the morning...no excuses
    4. water, water and more water.

non-fitness goals:
    1. working on the laundry now, finish it up by tomorrow if its not done tonight.
    2. mop the kitchen
    3. vacuum the floor
    4. take back just dance to the video store.
This discussion has been closed.