Like Minded Lushes - October 2010

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I really need to find some control...
    BUT, there's an open bottle calling to me, gently whispering sweet nothings..
    and a wine glass begging me to stroke her curves....
    :huh:
    <sigh>I have no self control:sad:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Last night I made a cherry vodka/sprite drink and would have been ok, if Ididn't have three slices of pepperoni pizza, should have stuck to two!

MMM - is that the smirnoff black cherry vodka? I looooooove that with sparkling water, crushed ice,...:love:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Tonight its a wrap.....after this day at work....beer is in session
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was hoping I can join this club..and maybe get some feedback on low cal alcoholic drink recipes that I could probably make for myself at bbqs at the house and what not. Maybe even tips on what to order when I go out...I have been told that my alcohol intake has probably contributed to my weight gain..but come on!! I am a college student !!!

Andre
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    still going strong. There will be no alchohol tonight. Yay!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Are you really thinking about the tree man?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Pam, black cherry vodka sounds delicious...hmmm, might have to try that one...with water, you say???:huh: enjoy the curves
    Andre, liquor is evil:devil: ...period...which is why we love it so much:love:
    Yvonne, yes, you can still do it...yay:wink:

OK, it's official Wednesday: 0 Drinks

Hubs tried to lure me into celebration. I asked, suspiciously, "What are we celebrating?" He said, "Twins' Day" I said, "You can go ahead without me. I have to learn not to drink when you do." :noway: How's that for self control. Even tho, it nearly killed me.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really well (with the exception of last Friday's weigh-in celebration) but RIGHT FREAKIN NOW i am drinking two Korbel Splits because my 16 yr old son PISSED me the HELL OFF today!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is all!!! :happy:

Lana
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options

Are you really thinking about the tree man?
    :noway: NONONONO! Tree man doesn't have curves... well... maybe the right kind of muscle curves in all the right places.. :devil: Is it HOT in HERE?! :laugh: :blushing:

and not water, but something like pelligrino or perrier...
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options

Hubs tried to lure me into celebration. I asked, suspiciously, "What are we celebrating?" He said, "Twins' Day" I said, "You can go ahead without me. I have to learn not to drink when you do." :noway: How's that for self control. Even tho, it nearly killed me.

No SEX FO'YOU!
  • nisijam5
    Options

No SEX FO'YOU!

That too!!!:noway:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, all,

With the weekend looming, I am thinking of how the handle the wine issue. I have gone 10 days without, but mostly because husband has been gone and I have been doing projects around the house in the evenings and not going out to dinner. Well, we have a houseful coming in tomorrow for a wedding and I am already starting to prepare food for the group. This is where everything falls apart usually! I am going to TRY to only have wine WITH my meal and not while I am preparing and cooking...that is usually when I also start munching. I have finally squashed the wino/munchie monster...it is never forever, but it is suppressed for now. I do not want to have it rear it's ugly head....so I hope that I can make it through the weekend. DH is very thin and drinks whatever whenever, and I have to realize that HE is not ME! (Like a few of you...I have a tough time with this!)

It's great to read your posts and know I'm not alone in this struggle! Wish me luck and have a great weekend everyone! Kackie
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Hello all. May I join you? I've been stalking your threads since I joined last month but was doing well on cutting back the alcohol until the past couple of weeks. My husband bought a mini-keg of beer and that has been luring me in, then wine sounded good and as we don't agree on what to drink, he bought two bottles... so I've gone way over my calories thanks to that wine.

My drink of choice: beer, the maltier the better. Mmmm.... beer.... or margaritas.

My goal is to not drink anymore this week (it's Thursday, that should be easy) and only drink on the weekend if we go out to dinner, and limit that drink to one.

Thanks for keeping me entertained for the past month. :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kackie, good luck with all the company, that could be a potential disaster:sad: ...but, when I am hosting, it's usually that I am trying to keep everyone else comfortable, serving and cleaning. So, I tend not to drink as much...maybe, that could be your mindset going into the situation. No wine with cooking, water. Nibble on a veggie tray while cooking. Sounds easy right?:noway:

Erica, too funny about the bottles of wine and being able to decide. I like a good dark beer, actually Sam Adams Octoberfest is out right now and one of my favorites:love: ...have you tried the skinny margaritas...the whole bottle is 600ish calories...not too bad if your looking for margarita flavor without all the calories.:wink:

OK, look at all the zeros....whoo hoo:bigsmile: ...Oldbat and Karen are rubbing off on me...plan is to pick one day a week that warrants drinking...it must end in a "y":tongue:

Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks

Pam, I'm tempted to try that black cherry vodka:devil: ...just what I need another love:heart:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Yes, the Sam Adams Octoberfest started the downward spiral on Friday of last week. It's sooooo yummy. I haven't tried the skinny margaritas yet, but I've thought about it. Sadly, we live in a very small town and the nearest liquor store is tiny and limited. I may have go search in the city where I work which is just not as convenient. :wink:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Mon = 0
    Tue =0
    Wed =0

Struggled last night but fought thru it. Now that I am so close to Friday I am sure I will make it. I would hate to waste such a good run toward the goal and not make it.

I am very frustrated with my treadmill. It is going to cost me $500 bucks to fix it. so in the meantime I run for 15 minutes at a time before it shuts off. That in itself is reason to drink. oh well.

I love cherry flavored vodkas and rums. They are great in diet cokes or sugarfree lemonades. And of course straight.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night for DH's birthday dinner I was budgetting for a glass of wine, but it was on special, buy one get one and I didn't want to waste my free wine so I drank it, polished off 10 oz of steak with fries and he ordered cheesecake for dessert and I had a couple of bites. Still I was probably only a little over my maintenance cals, and I did Week 3 Day 2 of Gateway to 8k so I earned a little splurge. No drinking tonight, I don't think.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really well (with the exception of last Friday's weigh-in celebration) but RIGHT FREAKIN NOW i am drinking two Korbel Splits because my 16 yr old son PISSED me the HELL OFF today!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is all!!! :happy:

Lana

Oooh I can relate to this except my problem is a 13 year old daughter. After a good night last night I am indulging in the rest of my bottle of wine tonight. Sometimes it's so, so hard being mum to a teenager.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i hit the liquor store on the way home, got some chardonnay...i just really wanted it...I usually drink every day and its been 6 and i can stand it anymore!
    I gave up all beer this week and so far so good...just bummed i gave into my wino desires!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, it's official, Saturday thru Thursday, 6 days and 0 drinks...it must be some sort of record

Tomorrow will probably be my night to get super toasted...:bigsmile: I will start fresh on Saturday and go thru next Saturday...All I have to say is the damn scale:grumble: better move.