Like Minded Lushes - October 2010

Options

Replies

• kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Kiwi and champagne in bed....Robin...send him around to share!

Bad weekend, but today is Monday, right? Have a good week, All!
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey RJ and hi everybody else!

I've been off this site for a long time and got sloppy so I gained a few pounds back. I was so glad to stumble on this thread. When I was doing well, I would measure out the wine and only pour 3 ounce glasses which slowed me down big time. If I had white wine, I would slip cubes into it. But like with everything else I stopped being conscious and fell out of the habit. Besides the weight, over-drinking does hell to my face - everything just seems to sag more.

So, I commit to staying conscious and accurately recording my wine intake this week - not necessarily try and change anything - so I have a baseline to start from.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    After giving up acohol for 6 days ..I ended up losing 3lbs which is AWESOME!! Unfortunately right now I am over indulging on some keystone lights and tomorrow we go to Boston..I am counting it as an off day so OMG it may be bad lol...so wish me luck , fortunately i have the whole week off so I am thinking double exercise all week so I can live it up on vacation woo hoo
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday =0

I can do this.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Janna, 3 lbs is awesome loss...good luck on va-cay
    Pragya, yes, one sip is all it takes
    Karin, good luck, hope tracking it help with consumptions

Proud to report:
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks, celebrated son's birthday at Buffalo Wild Wings with the Vikings game on...Serious, will power there.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday =0

I can do this.

Yes, you can...you've done it before:tongue:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    wow nisijam5, that is serious will power! I have none, apparently! I had 2 margs and 2 beers on Friday night, not even sure how much on Saturday because we were bowling and getting pitchers, and lost track but felt bad on Sunday so I know it was too much. I had a bloody mary to take the edge off of my hangover, then Monday I had off for Columbus day and went and had two margs, which must have been strong, and a pumpkin beer that was also strong, and large! I had that awful waking up when you get sober and not being able to fall right back to sleep!
    I got 2 more bar nights planned and only Thursday no drinking this week.
  • rjadams
    Options
    with the Vikings game on...Serious, will power there.

And it was a dud until the end and then it got interesting but was such a bummer. DH is a serious Farve fan so he was yelling at the screen something huge. It almost made me want to drink so I don't know how you survived. Way to go KIM!!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    with the Vikings game on...Serious, will power there.
    It almost made me want to drink so I don't know how you survived. Way to go KIM!!!!!

We survived by leaving BWWs. When I go home, I read a book. Avoidance seems to work.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:
    wow nisijam5, that is serious will power! I have none, apparently! I had 2 margs and 2 beers on Friday night, not even sure how much on Saturday because we were bowling and getting pitchers, and lost track but felt bad on Sunday so I know it was too much. I had a bloody mary to take the edge off of my hangover, then Monday I had off for Columbus day and went and had two margs, which must have been strong, and a pumpkin beer that was also strong, and large! I had that awful waking up when you get sober and not being able to fall right back to sleep!
    I got 2 more bar nights planned and only Thursday no drinking this week.

Sounds like my kind of week:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: hate that waking up part too
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday -0
    Tuesday -0

Last night was tough but I pushed thru. Stress is running high right now (financial issues and DH has major job stress) I just keep reminding myself of all the calories I burn to lose weight so don't blow it by drinking them all back. I have been on this plateau for a little too long.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...I work from 3 to 11, no booze fo' me!!!

Almost to the weekend...
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You guys are being so good this week. I'm on leave from work so am taking the opportunity to catch up with friends (and be utterly naughty food and drink wise). Chinese restaurant for lunch today accompanied by some wine and then a JD and coke at the pub after. Tomorrow is a pub lunch, might have a drink, might be good and just have some juice instead. Been looking at the menu online already deciding what I'm going to eat :)
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So far so good this week. But I am worried. It's super hot here in California and I am dying for a cold beer. I am so tempted to drink one!! But doing good so far. I have a feeling I might end up having a drink tomorrow. I will try not to though.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I will try not to though.
    Don't do it...push thru it, it's hard...find something else to do...read, crafts, bake, exercise

I'm holding my breath, crossing my fingers, sending willpower

Yvonne, sounds like your on holiday...enjoy your friends...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    tonight I went to happy hour and had two drinks, a vodka soda and another one that just sounded yummy called pineapple upside down cake. Then I went to the gym and spent 50 mins on the treadmill, day 2 week 4 of gateway to 8k, and I had forgotten my ipod! I can't believe I didn't talk myself out of it! I never workout after happy hour, I try to squeeze it in first.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    tonight I went to happy hour and had two drinks, a vodka soda and another one that just sounded yummy called pineapple upside down cake. Then I went to the gym and spent 50 mins on the treadmill, day 2 week 4 of gateway to 8k, and I had forgotten my ipod! I can't believe I didn't talk myself out of it! I never workout after happy hour, I try to squeeze it in first.

I can't believe you worked out after drinking...crazy girl!!!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    It's 10 am and I need a drink. What a morning... sheesh. One bonus: I get to leave work an hour early today because there's a college football game here tonight. The college is letting all employees leave an hour early to save on traffic congestion. Yay!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi fellow lushes,

Well, tonight is designated as a no drinking night, kind of like how I feel not drinking

This weekend:

Friday, scheduled to work 3 to 11, I requested off if they are overstaffed (will try really hard not to drink)
    Saturday, 6 to 9 is my son's b-day party at the bowling alley...thinking this is definitely indulgent day
    Sunday, back on the wagon

Does anyone want to vow with me not to drink on Friday, misery loves company
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I'll keep you company. I gave up alcohol for the week for another challenge. :smile: