Like Minded Lushes - October 2010

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    drank a lot of wine yesterday and I don't feel too bad about it. I will start my monday on a positive thought note and see where we go from there. Kiera is getting better but she has a ways to go. So Stressfull!!!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I went out on Friday and had a couple of margs and a beer and ended up getting sick, which has not happened in a long time, so I do not know if it was food poisoning or the Rio margs, they can be dangerous.
    Saturday at the tailgate I had beer, but not very much.
    Sunday I got my run in, it was so nice outside. Then I had a bloody mary, then a beer with dinner, another beer with dessert and a glass of wine later at home. I do not know how I managed to stay under cals yesterday, if you look at my food diary it is a mess! I guess sleeping through breakfast helped.
    This week I should be ok, after tonight, I am going to a concert and will likely have a couple of beers.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Robin, glad to hear the pup is rebounding...too bad about hitting the sauce tho...

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks, no intention or will to either...so far...

Stay strong everyone!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I was doing well and then I had two little ounces of choclate port right before bed. Oh well. here's to another day.
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    I was doing well and then I had two little ounces of choclate port right before bed. Oh well. here's to another day.

One day at a time!!! It's so cliched but so true. When I start to think big picture it seems to stress me out.

I had my weigh-in this morning, and was shocked at the scale....11lbs lost! I felt really good about a 5k I ran last night.....going to be doing Race for the Cure this weekend so I'm glad I can make it through 5k without dying!

The system asked me if I wanted it to 'recalculate' my formula b/c I've lost 11lbs......anyone know what that means? I clicked 'yes' but it still has the same calorie allotment.....
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 5 drinks

oops, something went wrong there, ended up at Mexican restaurant with friends

Where's the reset button?
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 5 drinks

oops, something went wrong there, ended up at Mexican restaurant with friends

Where's the reset button?

those sneaky mean litlle mexican restaurants with inexpensive beer and tasty margaritas. they are so evil.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be off beer for the next month until my trip to Mexico (where there will be unlimited beer for freeee). We made the trip to WYO for the football game and I had my rum and diet and was being a pretty good girl when the boys wanted to shotgun a beer. OK, what is wrong with me that I cannot turn down a shotgun?? :embarassed: I am 33 years old! I am a lady. But I hear the word "Shotgun!" and I jump out of my chair. I think I must be grasping at my young tomboy ways. I must get this under control. At least a had my workout before the game and played a little football while tailgating.

This weekend won't be that great either. It is my mother's 60th birthday and I am in charge (as usual) of making jello shots. They also found a great jalapeno dirty martini recipe. My dad is making shrimp and grits and I'm making ganache filled cupcakes. Oh dear.

This last ditch effort to look hot in Mexico is is crumbling before my eyes. I'll never fit into that Dallas Cowboys bikini! :sad:

I hope everyone is doing better than I am. :wink:
  • amysj303
    Options
    sillygoose, I think it is hilarious that you cannot turn down a shotgun challenge. I also love that you make jell-o shots for your mother's 60th b-day.
    I went to a concert last night and had a few beers. $9 miller lites, such a good deal:) they were 20 oz though.
    I think there's a happy in the planning for tonight, but then wednesday I should be able to go alchol-free. Mum gets here Thursday for a visit. We won't be making any Jell-o shots for her:tongue:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    sillygoose, I think it is hilarious that you cannot turn down a shotgun challenge. I also love that you make jell-o shots for your mother's 60th b-day.
    I went to a concert last night and had a few beers. $9 miller lites, such a good deal:) they were 20 oz though.
    I think there's a happy in the planning for tonight, but then wednesday I should be able to go alchol-free. Mum gets here Thursday for a visit. We won't be making any Jell-o shots for her:tongue:

I guess immaturity runs in my family. :tongue: We have a delightful time together though!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I had a glass of Moscato on Sunday. Very yummy, but managed to limit as we had to go grocery shopping after dinner. None since. I'll do well until Saturday when we're having our Halloween party. Then, well... Sunday will probably hurt.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sunday will probably hurt.

Retribution of the alcohol Gods....
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a couple of beers and a "glojito" on Sunday at Disneyland. This was all planned but man, I have to tell you the effects of that day, and the added sodium, resulted in a 2lb gain from Sunday to Monday. I know that it's "retention weight" from just eating junky that day (again planned) but it goes to show that there are really adverse effects to weight loss efforts by using alcohol.

Besides just the dehydration factor, it also promotes unhealthy eating and snacking. The inhibitors in your brain are lifted. I can remember many a night time binge after drinking. Usually in the form of 1000 calorie plus burgers at Carl's Jr. (the jalapeno burger is a personal favorite). Anyway, I have another Disneyland day and the last night of Oktoberfest (this saturday night). I plan on working out hard on Saturday so I can eat a little but I will leave the beer to others.

EDIT: between yesterday and today I have already dropped 1 of the 2 lbs
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Karen, I'm likin' the new photo of your....va va vooom...you were in Disneyland!!!

Sillygoose...you are silly and fun...anyway, try to pick and choose your party times carefully and see if that helps...
  • rjadams
    Options
    Usually in the form of 1000 calorie plus burgers at Carl's Jr. (the jalapeno burger is a personal favorite).

I miss Carl's Jr. they finally opened one up here but it is 15 miles from my home. What I really miss is In and Out :tongue:
  • amysj303
    Options
    always want what we can't have. Have Carl's Jr and I NEVER go there, seriously, never have. But wish we had In N Out burger! I hear we are getting Culver's and some people say it is like In N Out? can anyone confirm that?
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Karen, I'm likin' the new photo of your....va va vooom...you were in Disneyland!!!

Sillygoose...you are silly and fun...anyway, try to pick and choose your party times carefully and see if that helps...

Thank you *blush* that was actually taken Sunday morning before leaving for the park. I am going to post some park pics tonight when I get back from work!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Usually in the form of 1000 calorie plus burgers at Carl's Jr. (the jalapeno burger is a personal favorite).

I miss Carl's Jr. they finally opened one up here but it is 15 miles from my home. What I really miss is In and Out :tongue:

Well, you know about where I live, so you know there are TWO In and Out Burger joints within 4 miles of my house (the one on Lankershim and there is one on Ventura across from Micheli's now).
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    always want what we can't have. Have Carl's Jr and I NEVER go there, seriously, never have. But wish we had In N Out burger! I hear we are getting Culver's and some people say it is like In N Out? can anyone confirm that?

I'm from KS. We don't have In N Out, but I visited one last year. Culver's has hamburgers and fries and shakes like an In N Out, so I would say it's sort of similar. Though, I don't understand what's so great about In N Out... :embarassed:
  • amysj303
    Options
    In N Out has a secret menu that I discovered online after a couple of visits when I was in Las Vegas or California. They have something called "animal style" and it is grilled onions and a dressing sort of like thousand island. It tastes so good on a cheeseburger. Also, their french fries are fresh instead of frozen and I think that makes them so yummy!